Chapter 1- Karma IS A Bitch?
48 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What kinda fucking sick joke is that? I became a rat!” Loudly cursed out Cain as he was looking at his projection on a pool of blood.

 

However, as he was an animal at the moment and didn't possess the ability to speak words, all one could hear was the loud and angry squeaky sound of a rat that echoed out in the dimly lit stone cave.

 

“This must be a dream.” He refuted.

 

Cain, 30 years old, was a low-level criminal that turned into an informant to avoid going to jail.

 

He was able to roam free despite committing many petty crimes by snitching on his criminal peers.

 

Everything was going well for him until he snitched on the wrong person and paid the ultimate price, his life.

 

That was supposed to be his end, but he was somehow still alive. When he opened his eyes, he found himself in a dimly lit stone cave that was the size of a basketball court.

 

Piles of bones were scattered all over the place, and a dozen corpses covered in strange clothes lay beside him. The clothes looked new and bright. As if these people had died recently.

 

Disregarding everything, Cain was extremely happy to be alive. He was breaming with happiness.

 

He didn't even bother to ask how he was still alive after his brain was blown into smithereens by a bullet, he was just thrilled to be alive.

 

He didn't have the time to think about anything else. He was simply rejoicing at the fact that he was still alive.

 

However, his happiness was caught short when he realized that he wasn't a human anymore but a rat, a small black and white rat.

 

As Cain was still in denial and trying to convince himself that it was all a dream, a weird mechanical voice suddenly echoed in his mind.

 

“Ding!”

 

[Chaos Monster Beast System has been officially activated!]

 

“Who is this?”

 

“Who is talking inside my head? Are you that little shit that turns me into a rat?”

 

“Do you think that’s funny? Because I was an informant, you turn me into a rat.” He angrily yelled out.

 

However, just like before, no words truly came out of his mouth. Instead, it was a chorus of squeaky sounds.

 

He looked like an MC that was spitting some mad bars as he was waving his two rat paws in the air like he didn't care.

 

[Automaticallly scan host’s attributes.....!]

 

“Hey, didn't you hear me? I'm talking to you.” Cain continued yelling as the mechanical voice continued his rumble and ignored him.

 

[Scanning complete]

 

As soon as the weird mechanical voice ended, a blue screen suddenly appeared in front of Cain’s eyes.

 

Name: Cain Bradford


Race: Mutated Black Rat

Level: 0 wild animals


Exp: 0 (100)


Cultivation Technique: None

Martial Skill : None


Innate Skill: None


Bloodline: None

 

“What the hell!” Cain blurted out as he was looking at the blue screen in front of him.

 

[Congratulations host for successfully activating the Chaos Monster Beast System]

 

“What is that bitch talking about? I didn't activate shit.” Cain cursed out indignantly.

 

Not only did the damn owner of the voice completely ignore him, that bitch even lie about him successfully activating the damn Chaos Monster Beast System.

 


[You have been awarded a newbie package. Would like to open it?]

 

[Gift Pack has: 100 Experience points and one Innate Skill, King of the Jungle]

 

[King of the Jungle: An Innate Skill that allows the user to have complete and absolute dominion over the defeated]

 

[The defeated opponent will be loyal to the user and obey his every command (this innate skill only work on monster beasts)]

 

“Little shit, I won't open it until you answer my questions?”

 

Cain had the feeling the owner of that mechanical voice had the answers to all of his questions. As such, he decided to play hard and resist her until she answered his questions.

 

However, no matter how hard he tried, no matter how many times he pled and even cursed her, it was to no avail. The owner of the mechanical voice completely ignored him.

 

After yelling and complaining for about half an hour, Cain started to get tired and hungry. Even his little rat voice started to get a little bit husky as he was losing his voice from yelling too much.

 

“Yes, I would like to open the newbie package.”Seeing that the owner of the voice didn't budge and he was also at his wit's end, Cain finally decided to give up and follow along.

 

[Ding! Congratulations on reaching level 1 Monster Beast, the next level requires 200 experience!]

 

[Ding! Congratulations on acquiring an Innate Skill, King of the Jungle]

 

Before the mechanical voice of the system could even fade away, Cain suddenly felt an unknown mysterious energy swirl around his abdomen before forming a small marble-like core.

 

At the same time, Cain also realized that all of his hunger and tiredness was gone. He felt invigorated and powerful, even his voice seemed to have returned to normal as well.

 

Aside from that, a stream of information about the so-called Innate Skill King of the Jungle flowed into his mind as well.

 

Name: Cain Bradford


Race: Mutated Black Rat


Level: 1 Monster Beast

Exp: 0 (200)


Cultivation Technique: None


Martial Skill : None


Innate Skill: King of the Jungle.


Bloodline: None

 

3