Chapter 2- This Evil Bitch
35 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a while, Cain finally came to accept the fact that he was reborn as a rat and there was also a mysterious system bound to him.

 

He wasn’t a total stranger to terms like reincarnation and transmigration. He had read a few books and watched a few anime back in his youth.

 

*It seems like its true… I’ve been granted a second chance…*

 

This should have been a very exciting prospect for anyone, but a sudden feeling of innumerable loss and pain welled up from within his heart

 

*What an irony! I was reborn as a fucking rat*

 

*If I couldn’t be a human anymore, why the hell didn’t you make me reborn as a mighty Lion or something* 

 

Even though he knew full well that the system wouldn’t answer him no matter how many times he talked to it, he was still unable to stay quiet and continued to vent his anger and indignation.

 

He might have been a lowly criminal, but Cain wasn’t stupid. He already knew that the so-called Chaos Monster Beast System had something to do with his miraculous rebirth.

 

Unfortunately, he didn’t know the motive behind its action. From a young age, Cain has learned the hard way that there was no such thing as a free meal.

 

As such, there’s must be a reason why that damn system brought him back to life, even though it was as a freaking rat, one of the most loathsome creatures.

 

Furthermore, just like he believed that the damn Chaos Monster Beast System was behind his rebirth, he also believed that it was also the key to regaining his human appearance one day.

 

*By the way, where the hell am I?*

 

*Am I still somewhere on Earth* Cain suddenly thought as he was looking at his surroundings with the aid of a dim light coming from the cave walls.

 

He currently had no idea about where he was and he couldn’t find anything from the rat’s memories either.

 

Well, it’s not like a rat was smart enough to learn and memorize something as complicated as the name of a world, a city, and even the language spoken by its inhabitants.

 

Not only did these little fuckers have a short memory span, but they also had short memory storage as well.

As such, Cain only remembered the event that occurred after he was reborn. He didn’t have the rat’s memories.

 

In the next second, Cain began to hop around on his two hind rat legs as though he was still a human and began to look for clues that could tell him about his current whereabouts.

 

Observing the antique and strange-looking clothes on the corpses that were completely different from those from his time, Cain had the feeling that he was not on Earth anymore.

 

Aside from that, there were also numerous blunt and sharp weapons such as swords and spears scattered all over the place.

 

*No one uses these kinda weapons in this day and age to fight* He inwardly thought as he was looking at the sword wounds on the corpses as well as their headless bodies.

 

Although most of the corpses had already turned into piles of bones that scattered all over the place within the cave, some of the corpses remained intact and haven’t begun to decay yet.

 

The clothes looked new and bright, and their injuries were also fresh as if these people had died recently.

 

After putting all these factors into consideration, Cain was 80% sure that he was no longer Earth anymore. He was currently in a completely different world!

 

*Is this place some sort of mass underground cave or something*

 

Cain looked dignified as he was hopping around the piles of bones and corpses. There were hundreds of them.

 

Judging by the pile of bones in the cave, he could only guess how many people had previously died in this place.

 

Aside from the innumerable piles of bones that were in the small eerie and ominous dim-lit stone cave, there was also a pool of blood.

 

The blood pool was about 10 square meters in size and was located in the middle of the cave. It was filled with a red fluid that looked just like blood.

 

A heap of bones was situated beside the blood pool; some milky white bones were also floating in the center of the pool.

 

This small blood pool was like a sea of blood from hell, which had devoured an uncountable number of lives.

 

Aside from that, It was also bubbling on the surface and was giving out horrifying shrieks and howls when the bubbles popped as if there were thousands of souls trapped and being tortured underneath it.

 

*What in God’s name is that evil thing! I better get far away from that evil thing* Inwardly thought Cain as he immediately hopped away from the pool of blood with his two hind rat little legs as an instinctive fear rose from within him.

 

Just standing near it made his skin crawl and the ominous atmosphere felt as if it’s scratching the bottom of his soul.

He felt as though there was a powerful and evil entity residing within the depth of the pool of blood.

Earlier, he was in a state of shock and extreme anger that he couldn't take a good look at the pool of blood.

Both of his eyes and heart were clouded with anger and hatred. He couldn’t feel and sense anything properly.

 

However, after he had calmed down and embraced his new reality, his common sense has returned.

 

*Ohh wow! Even though I am currently a rat, I don’t look so bad* Cain suddenly thought as he caught a glimpse of his true appearance in a small mirror on the ground as he was hopping away from the pool of blood.

 

Staring into the small mirror, he saw a twenty centimeters long black and white rat. The black and white rat’s fur appeared to be very soft and fluffy, including its paws.

 

Most rats wouldn’t reach such a size, and most rats were loathsome creatures, but the appearance of the rat in the mirror seemed particularly adorable.

 

Its eyes were guileless and seemed to be full of meaning, as though they could speak. If it was a little bigger and its ears were also a little bit longer and larger, one might have mistaken it for a cute black and white rabbit.

 

*Not bad!* Cain inwardly thought.

 

[Ding! Congratulations Host for activating the mission panel]

 

As Cain was admiring his reflection in the mirror, the cold and mechanical voice of the system suddenly rang out in his mind.

 

“Again, stop with your damn lies. I didn’t remember activating shit.” He strongly refuted.

 

As usual, the cold and mechanical voice of the system completely ignored him as it continued speaking.

 

[Mission: Solve the riddle and the mystery behind the Nascent Soul cultivator Sikong Hua’s Tomb within two weeks]

 

[Mission Success Rewards: 1000 experience points, one random Martial Skill, and a small Mini-Map]

 

[Mission Failure: The immediate deletion and obliteration of the Host]

 

“This evil bitch!”


2