Chapter 3- Sorry I Called You A Bitch
29 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Damn it! This system is truly vicious. It's like it's trying to kill me.” Cain indignantly complained.

Not only did the despicable system make him reborn as a rat, one of the most loathsome and weakest creatures in existence, it also gave him an unachievable task to complete as soon as he was reborn.

 

Aside from the fact he had deduced that he wasn't on earth anymore, he didn't know anything about this new world.

 

He didn't know what kinda people or creatures lived in this world. He didn't know anything about their culture, history, or their way of life.

 

However, before he could even find anything about this new world, the damn system gave him the mission to solve the mystery behind the Nascent Soul cultivator Sikong Hua’s Tomb within two weeks.

 

Who the hell is Sikong Hua?

 

What the hell is a Nascent Soul cultivator?

 

Better yet, why the hell did he have to solve the mystery behind someone’s tomb? He didn't even know the dude. Does the system think he was Sherlock Holmes?

 

Not only that, that evil thing gave him a deadline. And if he couldn't solve the case within the time frame of the deadline, he would be erased by the system.

 

Even though he hated the fact he was reborn as a rat, that didn't mean he wanted to die. Even as a rat he wanted to enjoy his life.

 

*Now I know for sure that I am in tomb* He inwardly thought as he began to think about his next course of action.

 

*If I want to solve the damn mystery behind that bastard’s tomb, I'll have to get out of here and get some information about that little shit when he was alive *

 

Cain had the feeling that the so so-called mystery about the tomb had something to do with the pile of corpses and bones inside the cave, including the large pool of blood.

 

Although Cain didn't know anything about the person named Sikong Hua, his intuition told him that he wasn't a good person.

 

His so-called tomb looked more like some sort of a sacrificial offering altar rather than a tomb.

 

*Even if I were to go outside, how the hell am I going to investigate that bastard with that body*

 

*Not only that, I am not even sure if I would be able to understand the language of people in this world*

 

*Damn it! This is gonna much harder than I thought*

 

*Fuck it! Let's get out of here first and then I'll think about ways to solve that damn thing*

 

Having made up his mind, Cain began to hop around the pile of bones on his two hind legs as he was making his way toward the pitch-black stone door of the creepy cave.

 

After hopping around for a few minutes, Cain finally arrived in front of the pitch-black stone door.

 

*Can I open this damn stone door with those tiny paws?*Cain inwardly thought as he was looking at his tiny paws that were the size of a chicken before looking at the heavy stone door again.

 

He could tell that no average person could push open this door, let alone a small rat such as himself. Nonetheless, he still decided to give it a try.

 

Though no rat could open such a heavy stone door, he wasn't an average rat anymore, was he?

 

Ever since he had become a level 1 monster beast, he could tell that his current strength was far greater than when he was a human back on earth. As such, he was very confident in himself.

Without hesitation, Cain raised his two paws and tried to push the door open. He pushed and pushed, however, the stone door didn't budge.

 

After struggling for a while, he squatted on the ground, fretfully scratching his head with his tiny paws in frustration.

 

Despite being a little rat, Cain could tell that he was at least three times stronger than when he was a human. Yet, he was still unable to open the pitch-black stone door.

 

*Just how heavy is that damn door*

 

*What should I do now?* He couldn’t open the door, and the stone cave didn’t have windows or any other openings.

 

At this moment, he began to wonder how the rat got here in the first place. There's no way he came through the door.

 

*There must be some sort of tunnel dug by the rat somewhere within the cave. * He inwardly thought as he began to look around.

 

As Cain began to look around for the tunnel, he suddenly heard a loud voice from behind the pitch-black stone door along with numerous footsteps.

 

After becoming a rat, Cain’s hearing has become extremely sensitive, far better than when he was a human. He could hear the slightest sound and vibration from far away.

 

“#%^*}%}€~%}€£#^}€}£}£#¥#€}}€€”

 

‘People are coming!’ Cain immediately stood up and darted into a dark corner somewhere within the cave, hiding in there.

 

“#*}^}!}*}!|€|¥|€}!}£}¥|!\>}>}£}%}?}£}€}?}€}”

 

The voice of the person became clearer and louder as he got closer to the door. Though Cain could tell that the voices belong to a man and woman, he couldn't understand anything they were saying.

 

*Damn! It seems like I can't understand the language of this world after all*

 

This was one of the things he was afraid of the most. If he couldn't understand the language of this world, how the hell was he going to solve the mystery behind that bastard’s tomb.

 

*I am dead!*

 

It’s not like there's a language school for rats where he could learn to understand or read this world’s language. Furthermore, even there were, there was no way he could learn that shit in just a few days.

 

[Side Mission: Reach the Level 2 Monster Beast within three days]

 

As Cain was sulking about his bad luck, the cold and mechanical voice of the system suddenly rang out in his mind.

 

[Mission Success Reward: Azure World’s Wisdom. It's a skill that allows the user to understand any creature in the Azure world]

 

[Mission Failure: None]

 

“Hahahahaha!” Listening to the reward given by the system, Cain couldn't help but burst into laughter. However, as he was a rat, it was a long squeaky sound that came out is his mouth.

 

At this moment, Cain was beyond happy. He has never been this happy about a mission before. He had this sudden urge to embrace and kiss the system for this mission and reward. It was just what he needed.

 


*You aren't that bad. Sorry I called you an evil bitch earlier.*


2