Chapter 4- The Mysterious Cry Within The Cave
26 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“Rumble…”

As Cain was soaking into his newfound happiness, the pitch-black stone door was suddenly pushed open as some mysterious people walked into the dimly lit stone cave.

 

There were three of them in total. The leader was a thin white robe old man with dried flesh. He looked so old that his entire body appeared to be a dried-up skeleton; only his skin remained.

 

The old man only had a few strands of white hair left on his bald head along with a couple of white hairs on his upper lips shaped like the character 八 which some might call a mustache.

 

This was someone who appeared to have only one breath left, someone that would find it difficult to even walk, someone who was just awaiting their inevitable demise.

 

However, anyone who saw this old man wouldn’t dare dismiss him due to his appearance. On the contrary, one would shiver with creeps the moment one laid eyes on this old man.

 

His entire body was emanating an evil and shiver-inducing aura. He was like an evil fiend that crawled out from the deepest part of hell.

 

[Human Cultivator: Level 45]

 

*Holy shit!*

 

Cain was already frightened upon seeing the old man as he could feel a dangerous feeling from him, he was even more shocked after seeing his level .

 

The old man who looked as though the slightest gust of wind could blow him away was 45 times stronger than himself.

 

One had to understand, even though he was a rat at the moment, he was at least two times stronger when he was a human. Yet, he was still several times weaker than the old man.

 

After looking at the old man, Cain shifted his gaze toward the two people that stood on his left and right side. They were one man and a woman.

The man was gentle and effeminate. If it wasn’t for the apple Adam that stuck out from his throat, one might have mistaken him for a woman.

 

He was wearing a purple robe embroidered with a purple flying sword on his chest. Despite his effeminate look, one could tell with a glance that he was completely beyond the ordinary.

 

[Human Cultivator: Level 34]

 

The woman, on the other hand, was by no means beautiful. She had a black birthmark on her face that was twisted and uncouth.

 

Furthermore, her body was neither elegant nor appealing. She was extremely obese. She had a black snake wrapped around her neck that would occasionally flick its forked tongue out.

 

Just like the effeminate middle-aged man, she was also wearing a purple robe embroidered with a purple flying sword on her chest. From that, one could tell that they came from the same influence.

 

[Human Cultivator: Level 32]

 

*What the fuck, any of them these people could kill me over and over without the power to fight back* Cain inwardly thought as he was looking at the stats of the three people.

 

At the same time, he gently pulled his head down behind the pile of bones he was hiding. He didn’t want to be noticed by these monsters.

 

He didn’t know anything about this world or their culture. He didn’t know whether or not rat meat was a delicacy in this world. As such, he decided to play it safe.

 

After completely hiding his small body behind the pile of bones, he found a small hole in which he began to survey the three people.

 

*It seems like this world is more dangerous than I thought*

 

“€¥#*#¥#€#£#!#¥#!#¥#!#¥#!#£#!#”

 

“¥+#€£#€#¥}€}£}!}£}?}£{!|€}£#*#€}£#!#£#!#!#€#”

 

“£<£#*%£}£{!{£~¥¥¥£~!|€~£}£}!}¥{!}£#!#£#!£#”

 

Soon, the three of them began to talk to each other as they were looking at their surroundings and walking around.

 

Even though Cain couldn’t understand a word they were saying, he could tell that they weren’t happy with what they were seeing. They all had serious expressions on their faces.

 

*If only I could understand what they were saying, I could have gotten some clues from them*

 

At this moment, Cain couldn’t wait to reach level 2 to acquire the Azure World’s Wisdom. The skill that would allow a little rat such as himself to understand any creature in the Azure world.

 

Soon, the old man stopped in from a corpse. It was one of the corpses that haven’t turned into a pile of bones yet.

 

He then squat down and gently patted the head of the corpse with a look of sadness on his old dried-up face.

 

*It seems like these people came from the influence as them* It wasn’t until now that Cain realized that most of the new corpses had the same clothes as the two people behind the old man.

 

Swoosh!

 

After patting the head of one of the corpses, the old man spread his palm, and all of the corpses that same purple robes suddenly disappeared.

 

*Ohh shit! What kinda magic trick is that* Cain only noticed the ring in the old man's finger gave off a small white light which landed on the corpses on the ground and then they all vanished.

 

Once he was done, the old man walked toward the small pool of blood. The expression on his face became even more serious as he was looking at it.

 

The two people behind him had the same expression as well.

 

“¥€#£#¥#£#€}¥#!#¥#€#’.” Said the old man was he was looking at the pool of blood with his eyes flashed with coldness.

 

Soon as his voice faded, a creepy and devil-like cry suddenly echoed out the whole cave. Astonished, Cain looked around only to find that it came from the pool of blood.

 

"Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill!"

 

It sounded like 1000 tormented souls were speaking simultaneously.

 

"Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill!"

 

At the devil-like cry continued to ring out, it evoked something sinister, something dark deep within himself.

 

The howls evoked the desire to kill within him, and made him want to kill anyone around him! His head was aching as the howls from the blood pong continued to ring out.

 

His mind suddenly went blank as an irresistible force was taking over him. It was as if he was losing his sanity.

 

However, as Cain was about to crazy and pounced towards the old man and the others, the cold and mechanical voice suddenly rang out in his mind.

 

[Warning! The host’s consciousness is being corroded by an unknown energy]

 

[Begin the cleansing process]

 

In the next second, a warm stream came out of nowhere and enfolded his soul. Cain felt as though his soul was being soaked into a warm hot spring as all of his negative emotions were being washed away.

 

[Cleansing complete]

 

Suddenly, Cain felt the warmth disappear. At the same time, a familiar feeling slowly returned. Cain enjoyed that feeling very much. It was the feeling of having control over one's body.

 

*Damn! That was dangerous* Cain inwardly thought as he felt his entire body become slowly drenched in a cold sweat.

 

He had a lingering fear in his heart as he thought about everything that had happened earlier, and boundless gratitude arose in his heart as he thought of the system. 

 

Also, Cain wasn't the only victim. The devil-like cry also evoked the desire to kill others as well as the middle-aged woman and the man drew their weapons and started attacking one another.

 

However, they were easily subdued by the old man as he knocked both of them unconscious. Unlike Cain and the others, the old man didn’t seem to be affected by the devil-like cry.

 

At the same time, Cain also realized that most of these people whose corpses littered the ground were probably driven insane by the howls and killed one another.

 

After knocking the man and the woman unconscious, the old man didn’t stay in the dimly lit stone cave any longer as he pushed open the pitch-black stone door and hurriedly left.

 

*Fuck no! There’s no the way I’m staying in this damn evil cave* Thought Cain with a frightened expression on his face as he ran towards the door before it closed on itself. This time he didn’t use his two hind legs to hop around, he used all four.

2