Chapter 5- The Angry Cain
24 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Bang!”

The moment Cain rushed past the pitch-black stone door, it immediately closed on itself. If he was even a second late, he would have been trapped inside or even worse, crushed by the heavy stone door.

 

*Holy shit that was close*

 

After rushing out of the dimly lit stone cave, Cain found himself inside a dark gloomy tunnel. It was fifteen feet tall and approximately thirty feet wide.

 

The tunnel was extremely dark and it seemed that it could swallow everything in the world. It was so dark that one could not even see what was in front of them.

 

However, the old man was able to create some sort of floating blue flame that illuminated his surroundings as he was rushing out of the tunnel.

 

The floating blue flame was following the old man like a magnet as he was running. It was as though it has a consciousness of its own and wherever it passed, the darkness receded like a tide.

 

Of course, Cain wasn't going to let that opportunity slide as he quietly followed the old man from the distance.

 

Unlike the old man, he didn't have the power to create a blue flame or any kind of flame. As such, he could only tag along if he wanted to leave this damn place in one peace.

 

However, he made sure to stay at a safe distance as he didn't want to be noticed by the old man.

 

*Just how many people have died in this place*

 

Along the way, Cain saw one white skeleton after another, littering the tunnel. The flesh on these skeletons had rotted away long ago while some remained intact.

 

Meanwhile, despite carrying two people, the old man was very fast as he was dashing out the tunnel without a care in the world. It was as if the two people didn’t weigh anything at all.

 

Unlike the old man who seemed that he didn’t mind any potential danger inside, Cain was extremely cautious with his level 1 strength.

 

Fortunately, they didn't encounter any danger along the way. Everything was so silent, only the invisible and compelling atmosphere was diffusing.

 

Just like that, more than half an hour has passed since Cain has been following the old man. Yet, they still haven’t made it outside or even seen the entrance.

 

The underground tunnel was like an endless maze. It was as if it didn’t have an end.

 

At this moment, Cain started to get tired. His four tiny legs started to give in. The old man was simply too fast for him to keep up with.

 

Nonetheless, he didn’t dare to give up. He gritted his teeth as he continued to run behind the old man. His only choice was to advance.

 

He knew that he would be trapped inside if he were to lose the old man. The old man was his only way out of this damn evil cave.

 

*Damn it! Just how far is the entrance* Cain’s heart grew heavier and heavier with every passing second. He was short of breath and looked as though he could pass out at any second.

 

Despite his burning desire to not give up and to continue to follow the old man, he was running out of fuel.

 

His four tiny legs started to give up on him. His two hind legs were cramping and he started to lose all feeling in his two front legs.

 

*I think that’s it for me. There’s no way I can continue running any longer * Cain was on his last breath.

 

However, as he was on the brink of giving up, he suddenly a bright light in the distance.

 

Compared to the light conjured by the old man’s blue flame, this light seemed brighter and more majestic.

 

In an instant, Cain’s tiny eyes opened wide while gazing at light. He even stopped and rubbed his eyes since he thought he was hallucinating due to exhaustion.

 

However, after rubbing his eyes for a while, the bright majestic light was still there, meaning that it was not only in his mind. Cain finally accepted the fact he was at the end of the tunnel.

 

*Ohh shit! I made it* He inwardly thought as he took a deep breath before running toward the entrance. He was beyond happy at the moment. It was as if he had come across an oasis in the desert.

 

His speed had suddenly become faster than before. It was as if the light at the entrance of the cave has replenished his power.

 

Meanwhile, the old man has already made it to the outside. His speed was several times faster than Cain's. It was only Cain inside the dark gloomy tunnel, running towards the finish line.

 

At this moment, Cain was only a few seconds away from the entrance. He could already smell the sweet and fresh air from the outside. He could already hear the singing of the birds.

 

Bang!

 

However, right when he was about to sprint outside and basked in the sunlight, something unexpected happened. A giant boulder came out of nowhere and blocked the entrance of the cave.

 

“Nooooo!”

 

Cain’s eyes were filled with hatred and despair as he was looking at this scene. He was so close. He was so damn close to getting out of this damn place. Yet, that freaking old man closed the entrance with a giant boulder and snuffed out his hope and happiness in less than a second.

 

At the same time, as he was at full speed, he was unable to stop on time as his body slammed heavily into the boulder and blood started to ooze out of his head.

 

“Damn it! That freaking old man. I swear I’ll kill that bastard when I get stronger.”

 

“I’ll kill you! You hear me!” Cain shouted like a madman as he was banging on the boulder that blocked the entrance of the tunnel as his eyes were burning with intense hatred and anger.

 

Cain’s expression was quite unsightly at this moment. He was on the verge of breaking down and going insane.

 

“Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! There’s gotta be another way out of this damn place.”He added with an anxious expression on his face as he started to feel to the ground with his tiny paws.

 

He was dark inside so he couldn’t see anything. As such, he could only use his paws to feel and map his surrounding.

 

“Fuck it! I’m gonna freaking dig my way out of this damn place.”

2