Chapter 8- The Frenzy Chase
18 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Damn it! Just how unlucky one can be.” Cain indignantly murmured to himself as he was running with all his might as his life depended on it.

 

He hasn't had a moment of peace since transmigrating into this damn world. He felt as though he was cursed as danger and misfortune followed him everywhere like his own shadow.

 

Furthermore, there was also that damn Chaos Monster Beast System that kept on giving him missions one after another and threatened to kill him if he were to fail to complete them.

 

And even when the system didn't give any penalty for failing a quest, the failure to complete the quest in itself would most likely result in certain death.

 

Crackle! Crackle! Crackle!

 

Rustle! Rustle! Rustle!

 

As Cain was making his escape through the dense lush forest, he could hear countless crackled and rustled sounds behind him in the distance.

 

He didn't even have to turn around to know that the people that tried to kill him were still persistently chasing after him without any sign of stopping, causing his situation to be extremely dangerous.

 

Though He didn’t have any idea about how many of them were there nor how strong they were, he didn’t have any intention of finding that out. He just wanted to get the hell away from them.

 

He even wished he had a pair of wings or two more legs to quickly flee from this place.

 

“Fuck! It doesn’t look like those bastards plan on giving up.” He frustratedly added

 

Cain knew his situation extremely well. He knew why these people were chasing him so desperately. It was for the Spatial Ring he found on one of the corpses.

 

He could have just thrown it away or dropped it on the ground to save himself and complete the side quest, but he didn’t want to.

 

He had the feeling that not only the Items stored inside the spatial ring were extremely valuables, but they also contained clues about this world and the people living in it.

It was precisely because of this that he didn’t want to give it up. He didn’t want to miss this opportunity.

 

As the saying stated: Men died in the pursuit of fortune just as animals died in the pursuit of food. In his case, both.

 

“Damn! How come a freaking a 1st Rank monster beast has such speed.” Yelled out one of the pursuers in astonishment.

 

It was a green-robed young man with a bow and also the one that previously tried to shoot Cain.

 

Rats were among the weakest and most loathsome creatures of the Monster Race within the Azure World.

 

They weren’t even considered monster beasts but wild animals as only a few of them were able to miraculously evolve into a 1st rank monster beast.

 

However, once evolved into rank monster beasts, they were very hard to deal with due to their high speed, sharp teeth, and sharp claws.

 

Indeed, after Cain had reached level 6, all of his physical abilities seemed to have greatly strengthened and increased, especially his speed.

 

He's so fast that his entire body seemed like a strand of a translucent gale that fled within the boundless mountain range with a speed so swift that he moved 2km in just a few minutes.

The surrounding scenery seemed like passing shadows as they flashed past his eyes, and due to his speed being too swift, all the scenery before him that were reflected into his eyes seemed to have warped into numerous strange and unusual shadows.

 

“Bai Chen, just shoot the damn rat already. We can’t let it enter the inner area of the Myriad Peaks Mountain Range.” Said the female cultivator with an anxious tone as she was looking the distance between them and the rat continued to widen

 

“Shut up, Ling Shui. Don’t you think I want to, but that little bastard is simply too fast? Also, it keeps on running in zigzag rather than a straight line which made it impossible for me to get a good aim.” Angrily replied Bai Chen.

 

Not only the damn rat was extremely fast, but it was quite clever as well. Bai Chen had the feeling that he was chasing a cunning human cultivator rather than a supposed weak and mindless monster.

 

Just like that, two hours have passed and the three people were still chasing after Cain.

 

Cain was at his limit at the moment. He felt his ears buzzing and was beyond exhausted.

His entire body was drenched and seemed like a corpse that was just pulled out from the water, and every single inch of his body burned with pain.

 

Compared to the exhaustion in his entire body, the consumption of the energy within his monster core was the most troubling to him.

 

At this moment, only a mere 10% of the energy within his monster core remained, and according to this speed, it only had a few minutes left before it completely dried up.

 

Without this energy, he would be like a vehicle without fuel.

 

Rustle! Rustle! Rustle!

 

Nonetheless, he didn’t dare to stop nor leave the spatial ring behind as he continued running straight ahead into the inner area of the Myriad Peaks Mountain Range.

 

From their discussions earlier, he could tell that he was extremely close to the inner area of the Myriad Peaks Mountain Range.

 

Unlike before, he could now understand their language due to the Azure World’s Wisdom skill he had obtained after completing the second side mission.

 

As such, even though he didn’t know what was in the inner area of the Myriad Peaks Mountain Range, he knew that they were afraid of going there which was why he decided to go there. It was his only chance of survival.

 

“Motherfucker! Does this fucking Rat made of iron and have an infinite amount of Spiritual energy? Two hours have passed already, yet his Spiritual Energy hasn’t been completely consumed?”

 

Bai Chen couldn’t care about maintaining the bearing of a young master anymore as he gave vent to a torrent of curses, and his expression was extremely gloomy.

 

Even he felt a wave of exhaustion and weariness after chasing after Cain for two hours non-stop, and his entire body felt uncomfortable.

 

If it wasn’t for the fact that he coveted the Spatial ring in Cain’s possession, he’d probably have turned around and left long ago to find a nice place to sleep.

 

Not only Bai Chen, but the other two people weren’t well off either. Their eyes were bloodshot and their expressions unsightly to the extreme, and the flames of rage in their hearts had reached their utmost degree.

 

They all possessed respected identities and led a comfortable life as they were Inner Disciples of the great Sword Spirit Sect.

 

Yet at this moment, they seemed like three crazy people chasing after a puny little rat, and they chased tirelessly no matter the condition without stopping to eat nor drink…

 

Even though they had spirit pills to replenish their strength and didn’t have to worry about their spiritual energy being insufficient, a life like this was simply a type of torture, and it caused their hearts and body to feel extreme suffering.

 

They didn’t do anything during these two hours and had only thought of thousands of methods to torture another, and they were waiting to capture Cain before executing these methods one by one to vent the hatred in their hearts.

 

“Damn it! I can’t run anymore. I am at my limit! I’ve used up all the energy within my monster core.” Cain inwardly thought with a deathly pale expression on his face.

 

“Shit! I can’t give up. I’m almost there.”He greeted his teeth as he mustered all of his remaining strength and willpower to continue running.

 

“Eh! Look, quickly! That bastard seems to be unable to go on! Everyone, chase after him quickly!” Ling Shui suddenly spoke out, and her voice revealed an extremely pleasant surprise.

 

Not to mention Ling Shui, the spirits of the others were refreshed instantly as well. As expected, they noticed that Cain’s aura revealed a trace of imperceptible disorder and his speed was decreasing.

 

The heavens aren’t blind! An opportunity has finally arrived!

 

The excitement in the hearts of everyone was difficult to restrain when they saw this scene, and their faces were on the verge of being covered in tears.

 

“Fuck! Stop, we need to stop the chase and retreat immediately.”

 

However, as they were closing the gap between them and Cain, Bai Chen’s extremely gloomy voice abruptly sounded out. There was a trace of panicked and fear in his voice.

 

“What! We’re not chasing anymore? Why?” Replied Ling Shui in astonishment after hearing Bai Chen’s words.

 

Her voice was slightly dry and exhaustion covered the space between her brows. Similar to Li Feng, the other young man that was chasing Cain.

 

They could be said to be both exhausted in mind and body. But it was precisely because of putting in so much hard work that she was naturally extremely unwilling when he heard Bai Chen intended to give up at this moment.

 

“Don’t you see that the little monster ran out of fuel? It’s our chance. If we give up now, it would be too much of a pity.” Lin Shui added.

 

“Don’t you freaking feel it, it didn’t even bother to hide his aura. There’s a fucking Monster Lord ahead. If we continued to chase after the little rat, we’ll run straight into him and become its snacks.” Bai Chen added with a frightening expression on his fade before stopping.

 

Upon hearing Bai Chen’s words, Ling Shui and Li Feng’s expressions suddenly changed as they gasp in horror.

 

Sure enough, soon as they stopped and sensed their surroundings, they felt a terrifying and torrential pressure coming from the mountain peak in the distance.

 

Under its torrential pressure, whether it was Ling Shui or Li Feng, they immediately paralyzed where they stood.

 

They were so focused on catching Cain as well as blinded by greed that they became oblivious to their surroundings.

 

If it wasn't for Bai Chen’s sudden reminder, they would have run straight into the tiger’s den.

 

Just like human cultivators enjoyed killing monster beasts for their body parts and monster cores, monster beasts also enjoyed killing and eating human cultivators to increase their strength.

 

“A 3rd Rank Monster Lord….” Li Feng mumbled with a trembling voice.

 

“Run…”

At this moment, whether it was Ling Shui or Li Feng, they were all scared shitless as they turned around and immediately fled.

Even though they were desperate to get their hands on the Spatial Ring, they valued their lives even more.

 

A 3rd Rank Monster Lord wasn’t an existence they could fight with their meager Foundation Establishment strength. Only a Golden Core cultivator and above could face such a powerful creature.

 

“Good! It seems like my plan work, now I need to quickly find a safe place to hide. I also don’t want to become monster’s snack as well.” Cain murmured to himself as he began to anxiously look around.

 

Cain had already felt the terrifying and dangerous aura of the so-called 3rd Rank Monster Lord a long time ago.

 

He knew that he was running out of fuel. As such, he changed direction and charged straight towards that dangerous aura.

 

It was his last-minute gamble seeing that those bastards continued to follow him even after he had entered the so-called Inner area of the Myriad Peaks Mountain Range.

 

He wanted to use the aura of that monster to scare them away or get rid of them. Luckily, his plan worked otherwise he would have been dead meat if he was caught by those bastards.

 

After looking around for a few seconds, Cain halted in front of a large tree and stared at the trunk near the roots.

 

There was a hole in the tree trunk. The hole was small, just the size of a fist. Seeing that he couldn’t feel any danger coming from the small hole, Cain immediately rushed into it.

 

[Ding! Escaping from your pursuers side quest has been successfully completed]

 

[The reward for successfully completing the quest has been delivered]

 

[Mission Success Reward: The opening of the System’s Dimensional Storage]

 

Not even a second has passed since Cain had entered the small hole and the cold and mechanical of the system suddenly rang out in his mind.

 

“Finally. It seems like I live to see another day.” He said as he laid flat on the ground while breathing heavily.

 


2