Chapter 2- The New World
72 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"It seems like I did care about that damn shitty world more than I thought."Said Mikhail in a self-deprecating tone.

 

He originally thought that he didn't care much about his home planet and could give up on it easily. He thought he could be free and easy and had no care in the world.

 

However, when he truly realized that it wasn't a dream that he had died and transmigrated to a completely different world! A weird suffocating feeling swelled up within his heart as tears began to stream down his face out of nowhere.

 

"Well, it's all in the past now. I've been granted a second chance and I can't let it go to waste." He added as he regained his usual calm and collected disposition, not showing anything on his face.

 

No matter how much he missed Earth and his glorious previous life, it was all in the past now. He was no longer the greatest hunter of Earth anymore.

 

The sooner he accepted this fact and embraced the truth of his new reality, the better he would be.

 

"It seems like I am also a little big shot in this new world. Not only that, this world seems to be quite interesting as well." Said Mikhail with a slight smile on his face after recalling the memories of the previous owner of this body.

 

According to Mikhail's newly acquired memories, his current body was originally called Vandal Alexi Hyperion, the 13th prince of the Helios Empire, one of the Four Great Human Empires of the Antheia World.

 

Antheia World was a realm similar to the European Middle Ages, a medieval hierarchical world. However, unlike Earth in the Middle Ages, the human race wasn't the only intelligent species inhabitant of this world.

 

This world had Elves, Dark Elves, Dwarves, Demi-humans, and many others. Furthermore, unlike Earth in the Middle Ages, this world has a mysterious energy known as mana.

 

Furthermore, the ambient mana on Antheia was extremely dense and abundant, allowing Mages and Aura Knights to reign supreme over the rest of the populace.

 

Similar to Earth, this world seemed to be on the brink of destruction as it was being invaded by a group of powerful and ferocious monsters known as Ether Beasts.

 

Unlike humans and the other races, the Ether Beasts were known as the Antithesis of life as they were unable to absorb mana and could only grow stronger and nourish themselves by absorbing the life force of other creatures.

The Ether Beasts came in thousands of shapes and sizes – there are too many to count.

No one knew where they came from but they've suddenly appeared several hundred years ago out of nowhere and turned half of the Antheia World into an apocalyptic world.

 

Many races have already gone extinct because of them while many people have become corrupted by their dark power.

 

So far, they have occupied almost half of the Antheia World and turned it into a wasteland where not even crops could grow.

 

'This is almost similar to Earth.'Mikhail thought as he was recalling the 72 dungeons that appeared on Earth years ago, bringing calamity to the land.

 

While Mikhail was going over all the memories and information he got from the previous owner of this body, the door to his room was slightly pushed open as a young man walked in.

 

"Little brother, I'm glad to see you're fine. When I heard you were ambushed by a group of 5th Rank Ether Beasts, I came to your rescue as soon as I can." Said the young man in a worried tone.

 

However, it was unknown if the young man was genuinely worried as his facial expression didn't match his words which were filled with disappointment.

 

The youth was dressed luxuriously. He was only slightly taller than Vandal and his face resembled Vandal's features greatly.

 

As Vandal turned his head to look at this young man, a complicated look flickered across his face.

 

"It's you Handal, my big brother." He raised his eyebrows, his expression returning to that of cold indifference.

 

Except for some minor differences in characters and morals, Vandal was somewhat similar to Mikhail back on Earth in terms of facial expressions.

'If it wasn't for that little bastard plotting against the original owner of that body, I wouldn't be here now. Thank you, buddy.' Mikhail inwardly thought.

 

"It's everything ok. I heard a loud laughter when I was downstairs." He asked.

 

Handal was not surprised at Vandal's coldness and indifference. Ever since he was a small child, his little brother had always been like that.

 

Even though they were both brothers and were born from the same womb, he was nothing compared to his brother.

 

His little brother had been endowed with gleaming talent, while he was considered mediocre in comparison.

 

Furthermore, even though his brother has given up his right to succession for the throne, many people still supported him and hope that he would one day changed his mind while he was desperately fighting for it along with the others.

 

"I am fine, you can go now. I need to rest and don't let anyone disturb me." Mikhail coldly said as he moved towards his bed. He still had many things to go over before he could completely become Vandal. As such, he planned on staying in his room for a while.

 

"Ok, I'll let them know. Also, here's one high-grade purified Ether Stone. It should help your speed up your recovery." Handal said before he put a red gem on the table and left. However, when he turned his head around, his eyes suddenly flashed a cold glint.

 

"Ohh, that's a really big magic stone." Mikhail suddenly said as he was looking at the red gem on the table before walking towards it.

While people in this world called it Ether Stone, it was known as Magic Stone back on earth. It was like a dense amount of mana energy that had solidified into rock.

 

[Discover High-Grade Mana Stone. Would you like to absorb it?]

The moment Mikhail touched the Ether Stone, a cold and mechanical voice suddenly rang out within his mind.

 

At the same time, a shocking expression suddenly appeared on his face because he had heard this voice before. He was very familiar with it.

Not only it was the same voice he heard every time he had cleared out a dungeon back on Earth, but it was also the same voice that he had heard when he first regained his consciousness in this new world.

 

[Discover High-Grade Mana Stone. Would you like to absorb it?]

 

While Mikhail was still deep in thought, the cold and mechanical voice rang out within his mind again which jolted him awake.

 

"Yes." He answered without hesitation.

 

In the next moment, Mikhail felt a refreshing and cool energy entering his body while the brilliance of the Ether Stone was dimming. Meanwhile, the cold and mechanical voice continued to ring out within his mind.

 

[Mana Stat Has Permanently Increased By 1]

 

[Mana Stat Has Permanently Increased By 1]


[Mana Stat Has Permanently Increased By 1]

 

[Mana Stat Has Permanently Increased By 1]

 

[Mana Stat Has Permanently Increased By 1]

 

"Puff!"

After absorbing all the mana within the Ether Stone, it suddenly crumbled and turned into powder. At the same time, Mikhail also felt that his strength has increased a little.

 

"Show me my status window." Mikhail calmly said.

 

In the next second, a blue screen visible to only him suddenly appeared in front of him.

 

[Name: Vandal Alexi Hyperion]

 

[Race: Human]

 

[Title: 13th prince of the Helios Empire, The 7 Demon Gods' Successor]

 

[Job: 6 Star Aura Knight, 3rd Circle Mage]

 

[Strength: 686]

 

[Dexterity: 645]

 

[Stamina: 700]

 

[Mana: 372]

 

[Aura: 640]

 

'Just as I thought.' Mikhail had a satisfied smile on his face after seeing his status screen. The description was kinda similar to when he was on earth, except for some minor changes. At the same time, he seemed to have miraculously grown stronger.

 

"This little dude truly deserved to be called a genius. He is both an Aura Knight and a Mage."Mikhail said with a slight smile on his face. He was truly happy about this new body and status of his.

 

In the entire Antheia World, the people that could practice both Aura and Magic didn't exceed a hundred. As such, one could imagine how talented that lucky bastard was.

 

"And what the hell is the 7 Demon Gods' Successor." He asked with a confused expression on his face. He could understand the 13th prince of the Helios Empire but what about the 7 Demon Gods' Successor.

 

"Well, I'll dive into that later, let's check the skills of that dude." After checking out the status window, Mikhail focused his consciousness into the skills window and another system interface appeared in front of him.


————-Magic spells————

-3rd Circle Flame Arrow

-3rd Circle Ice Spear

-1st Circle Mana Bullets

-....

-.....

-...….

 

There were a bunch of skills in the skills widows. However, what caught Mikhail's attention the most was the unique skills at the bottom.

 

————The 7 Demon Gods' Unique Skills———


[Superbia: Sealed]


[Avaritia: Sealed]


[Luxuria: Sealed]

[Invidia: Sealed]


[Gula: Sealed]


[ Ira: Sealed]


[Acedia: Sealed]

 

"What the hell is this?" Mikhail blurted out as he was looking at these sealed Unique Skills with a confused expression on his face. Whether it was back on earth or in this world, he had never heard about those kinda skills before.


1