Chapter 5- The Ambush
42 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Mikhail drew deeper and deeper into the outer areas of the Ether Domain, the Ether beast's rank also continued to get much stronger.

 

The Ether beasts in the outermost areas were all 1st rank Ether beasts and some wild rankless Ether beasts.

 

However, when he ventured deeper into the forest, he started to encounter some 2nd rank Ether beasts and 3rd rank Ether beasts

 

He even encountered a few 4th rank Ether beasts along the way. Of course, this level of strength could just be considered strong for a normal Magician and Aura Knight.

 

However, for someone like Mikhail, they were still too weak. Right now, Mikhail was an Early Stage 7-Star Aura Knight and a 3rd Circle Mage.

 

This powerful and dual combination allowed him to walk through the outer areas of the Ether Domain like it was his own backyard.

 

Nonetheless, he didn't dare to let his guard down and was extremely careful. No matter if it was the outermost outer area of the Ether Domain, it was still the Ether Domain.

 

Though it's usually rare, sometimes there were some powerful High-Rank Ether Beasts hidden deep within the mountain and others taking a simple stroll in the outer areas.

 

If he were to encounter one of them, then he would be in great danger. The power of a High-Rank Ether Beast was nothing to be trifled with. They weren't called Hazard-class Ether Beast for anything.

 

Furthermore, there's always assassination as many people used the Ether Domain to cover up their murders.

 

"I think it's as far as I go today," Mikhail murmured to himself as he was looking at the sky.

 

It was getting dark as the evening has already cast her dusky gown upon the land and Mikhail didn't plan on spending the night in the forest.

 

The main reason he came here was to familiarize himself with his newly acquired body as well as his power in actual combat. He had already completed these goals and even awakened some of his old swordsmanships skills.

 

"Raaa!"

 

However, as Mikhail was about to turn around, an evil roar suddenly sounded from within the woods in front of him.

 

At the same time, one-horned grey wolf after another suddenly leaped out from the woods and appeared in front of Mikhail.

 

There were seven of them in total and each one of them was as tall as a grown tiger. They looked extremely evil with bone spurs growing on their backs. Their cruel white fangs gleamed with a cold light in the night.

 

"Raaa!"

 

They roared and their eyes became filled with an intimidating bloody glimmer as they gazed upon Mikhail.

 

[One-Horned Wolf: Rank 5 Ether beast][Unique ability: Wind Blade]


[One-Horned Wolf: Rank 4 Ether beast][Unique ability: Wind Blade]

[One-Horned Wolf: Rank 4 Ether beast] [Unique ability: Wind Blade]


[One-Horned Wolf: Rank 3 Ether beast] [Unique ability: Wind Blade]

 

"It seems like these little puppies were waiting to ambush me."Said Mikhail with a slight smile on his face as he was looking at the One-Horned Wolf King with a slight smile on his face.

 

Only the One-Horned Black Wolf King was a 5th Rank Ether beast while the other six were 4th Rank Ether beasts and 3rd Rank Ether beasts.

 

It was also the first 5th Rank Ether beast he has encountered since venturing into the Ether Domain.

 

Nonetheless, Mikhail remained calm and relaxed as he drew out of his sword. As he was only a 3rd Circle Mage, his 3rd Circles magic spells weren't strong enough to deal great damage to 4th Rank Ether beasts and above.

 

"Raaa!"

In the next moment, all the 4th rank Ether beasts leaped up into the air and pounced towards Mikhail. Their huge bodies had caused the air surrounding them to explode; they were pretty strong.

"Swish! Swish! Swish!"

At the same time, numerous blades of wind appeared out of nowhere and flew towards Mikhail. Each one of them carried enough power to slice even a giant tree in half.

 

"Hehe, I guess you guys will be my last kills of the day." Said Mikhail with a sinister smile on his face.

 

[Dash' Activated]

 

In the next second, his body suddenly transformed into a blur light as he disappeared from his position.

 

When appeared again, he was standing in the original place, looking as if he has never moved. However, the headless corpses of the several One-Horned Wolves on the ground and the blood dripping down his long silver sword proved otherwise.

 

In a blink of an eye, he had beheaded six 4th ranks and 3rd Rank Ether beast by using Dash. It was an old skill he had back on Earth which greatly increased the speed of the user for a certain amount of time.

 

The only drawback of that skill was that it consumed a large amount of Aura and with Mikhail's current power, he could only use it a few times a day.

 

Meanwhile, after seeing the death of his underlings, the One-Horned Black Wolf King became enraged.

 

"Roar ~~~" At the same time, the One-Horned Black Wolf King turned its face upwards and roars.

"Roar ~~~"

Following that, great roars of wolves resounded continuously in the far distance and Mikhail could also hear the sound of various One-Horned Black Wolves rushing out from the mountain forest unceasingly.

 

"Calling your comrades? Too bad, you'll be dead by the time they arrived and I'll be long gone as well." Mikhail said as he activated his Dash skill again and instantly beheaded the One-Horned Black Wolf King and took out the Ether Stone within his head before running away.

 

Even though Mikhail wasn't afraid of the One-Horned Black Wolves rushing out in the distance, he didn't want to give them a chance to gang up on him and have a prolonged battle in the Ether Domain.

 

Not only they would keep on coming endlessly, but the stench of blood would also attract more Ether beasts in the surroundings and even some High-Rank Ether beasts.

 

Mikhail didn't want to find himself in such dire situations. As such, he decided to retreat as soon as possible.

 

His speed was extremely fast as he has channeled all of his Aura into the Aura Channels in his legs. In just a few minutes, he was already outside the danger zone.

 

"Whew. I am finally out of their range." Mikhail finally let out a deep breath.

 

However, before he could even relax, he suddenly felt a sense of panic. He immediately dodged at high speed.

"Swish!" "Swish!" "Swish!"

In the next second, numerous red arrows passed right next to his face and hit the nearby tree before it was blasted into smithereens.

After dodging the arrows, Mikhail turned his head and looked behind him before coldly saying." You guys finally decided to make your move now."

 

"So, your Imperial Highness the 13th Prince already knew we were following you."Following Mikhail's words, a cold and sinister voice rang out as numerous shadows suddenly flew out the nearby trees and landed on the ground like ghosts.

 

There were fourteen of them and they were all wearing a black cloak with a hideous beast insignia on the back. Aside from that, their faces were also covered with a white mask. Only their cold, callous, and murderous eyes could be seen.

 

'The Ether Church!' Mikhail inwardly thought.


0