Chapter 10- Katonia
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Despite being the closest city to the Ether Domain and the Great Helios Pass, Katonia was among the rank of the most populated and bustling cities throughout the Helios Empire.

 

As only a handful of civilians were allowed to live in the Great Helios Pass, Katonia became the stopping point for all those hunters willing to venture into the Ether Domain. 

 

Even though the Ether Domain was dangerous beyond belief, its allure was strong enough to override many hunters’ fear.

 

Whether it was for the sake of training, treasure, fame, and power, the Ether Domain was without a doubt the best place to be.

 

Not only did Katonia attract a lot of hunters, but it also caught the attention of merchants and many people with different occupations. 

 

The countless hunters, tradesmen, merchants, and businessmen inside Katonia city came from all corners of the Antheia World. Even people from different races could be found here as well, such as Demi-humans and Dark Elves, etc. 

 

All of these caused Katonia City to be extremely vibrant and prosperous. Furthermore, It was always crowded to the point where it was also known as the city that never sleeps!

 

However, at this moment, the usually rowdy and bustling Katonia city was strangely quiet. Even the entrance of the city was usually filled with people queueing outside was void of civilians. 

 

Furthermore, there were four hundred knights gathered outside the gate. They were all armed to the teeth and wore their best armor.

 

At the leading position was Count Bertrand, the ruler of the city of Katonia, along with his family as if waiting to personally receive some distinguished guests.

 

Count Bertrand was a chubby and fat middle-aged man with brown hair. He had a nervous smile on his face as he stood there waiting.

 

Behind the knights, there was a group of Katonia citizens who were watching in curiosity. 

They did not know who was coming that even the Count had to come out to personally receive them, but one thing was certain, that person must be very extremely powerful and had a high status in the Helios Empire. 

Such a formality could be said to be extremely rare in Katonia City, and only when welcoming honored guests from the Imperial family would this happen.

 

Time passed, minute after minute, hour after hour. The skies gradually darkened, and the city of Katonia was showered in a faint layer of red under the afterglow illumination.

The welcome party had waited for quite some time but there was still no sign of the distinguished guests.

 

Despite all that, the count didn't have a hint of displeasure or anger on his face. Instead, he was anxious and had a hint of excitement on his face at the same time.

 

However, in the next second, a huge flag could be seen in the distance. The flag was lined with white thread, with the main symbol upon it a flaming golden sun. Two giant letters were inscribed below, clearly visible even in the distance - Helios Empire. 

 

Almost after seeing the flag, an extremely large and luxurious horse carriage, pulled on by ten fine horses could be seen. 

 

The driver of the carriage was a ferocious-looking Imperial knight clad in blue full heavy armor, reaching almost two and a half meters tall, cutting a majestic and imposing figure indeed. 

The carriage was also being guarded by numerous Imperial Knights on both sides. 

 

Looking at the carriage in the distance, the Count became even more nervous and had a respectful expression on his eyes at the same time. 

 

Very quickly, under the leadership of the driver, the entire troop with the luxurious carriage reached the entrance of Katonia city, stopping around thirty yards from Count Bertrand along with his knights.

 

“We pay our respect to the 12th and 13th Prince his Imperial Highness.”The Count and the knights shouted in unison as they all bowed towards the carriage.

 

“So, it was the Imperial Family. No wonder that greedy Count came to personally receive them.” One of the spectators whispered.

 

“I see, that's why the streets had been washed and cleared up. Not even one beggar could be seen begging for food and money in the streets at this moment.” Another spectator commented.

 

‘So, this is the power of the Imperial family.’ Mikhail inwardly thought as he was looking at this scene through the window of the carriage.

 

Even after Mikhail had occupied the body of Vandal, the 13th prince of the Helios Empire, he still hasn’t fully grasped the extent of power and authority he had over the populace as a member of the Imperial family. 

 

He was an orphan and didn’t have any background when he was on Earth. He always had to rely on his power and strength to get whatever he wanted. As such, he didn't what it felt like to have a powerful background. 

 

However, it wasn’t the case here. Just the fact that he was the 13th Imperial Prince of the Helios Empire was enough for people to fear and worship him. His words were like God’s decree to most people. 

This a world where the weak truly bowed to the strong and influential and his family was the most powerful and influential of them all in the Helios Empire.

“This is not a bad feeling.” He murmured to himself. For the weak him at the moment, this was like a layer of protection. It was also easier for him to acquire resources to increase his strength.

 

“No wonder those rich young masters from those wealthy families were so arrogant and lawless and treated like gods where they went despite their shitty characters.” He added. 

 

While Mikhail was still immersed in these new and unfamiliar feelings, Handal got out from the carriage to meet the count. After exchanging a few words, he got back into the carriage before it entered the city under the leadership of the Count.

 

As he was getting dark and they have been traveling for almost the whole day, Mikhail didn’t have the energy to sightseeing. He just wanted to quickly get home and rest. 

 

‘I need to quickly learn some Flight Magic Spell or Teleportation.’ He inwardly thought after recalling the long arduous journey. 

 

As someone that came from an advanced technological civilization like Earth, he wasn't used to this kinda old fashion way of transportation.

 

Soon, under the leadership of the Count, they arrived in the estate prepared for them by the Count. It was a giant estate that was located somewhere quiet in the outskirts of the rowdy city. 

 

This residence was meant for entertaining guests. It was quite large and quite roomy, and there were six buildings within this residence itself, along with numerous servants that could be summoned at any time, all of them beautiful, flower-like women.

 

Both Mikhail and Handal had their private courtyards, away from one another. However, the whole estate was guarded by the Imperial Knights. 

 

“We pay our respect to the 13th Prince his Imperial Highness.” Said all the maidservants in Mikhail’s courtyards as they bowed. 

 

“Prepare my bath for me,” Mikhail coldly instructed. “When bathing, I do not wish to be disturbed.”

 

“Yes.” Simultaneously answered the maidservants.

 

A short time later, Within an enormous bathtub made from slick, polished rock, hot air steamed everywhere. Mikhail lay there within the bathtub, head resting against a pillow. By his hands was a tray of fruit and wine.

 

“I wonder what kinda tricks my cute big brother will play this time,” Mikhail murmured to himself with a devious smile on his face.

 

Before, Mikhail was extremely pissed after knowing that his bastard brother had sent people to kill him in the Ether Domain and wanted to erase him the moment he got the chance. 

However, it was the case anymore. On the contrary, he was looking forward to it now, for his brother to send people to kill him.

 

He wasn’t mad anymore and the main reason for that was the Demon God Avaritia‘s Unique Skills—Plunderer.

 

He needed to kill and loot a lot of people to completely unsealed it. As he hasn’t found any other way to sneakily loot a large group of people, the assassins sent by his big brother to kill him were his only resources at the moment. 

 

As such, he was looking for his big brother's little tricks. He would even be more pissed at his brother if he were not to send anyone to kill him tonight.

1