Chap 13- KOBOPANIK!
614 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chap 13- KOBOPANIK! :

__________

.

.

_____________

{ Z-City; Ghost District; 01:13 a.m }

 

On a dark night, only the wind is heard on the empty streets of Z-City's desert part...

 

*step*

 

But one person seems to not have been able to sleep well, and now she walks through the narrow streets of the Ghost District.

 

Not really having the best rest, she watches the sky as the stars shine brightly.

 

The moon passed by its peak meaning it was past midnight already, a howl sounding exactly like that of a wolf can be heard far away from her location, but she doesn't even flinch from her location.

 

Walking on a peaceful night she finally arrives on a small footbridge that goes to the shopping center of the city, under it goes a small river with dirt and grass by its sides run by.

 

As the water reflects the moon, the one we are accompanying climbs up the small iron fence and stares down at the river, her blue eyes with an orange dot shine a bit as she blinks, her hoodie floating a bit with the two long red cords by her front, waving back and forth.

 

"Hmmm.... Maybe is jus Kobo's imagination?"- Jumping back slightly, she sits by the fence, looking up towards the sky once more with the wind getting a bit stronger enough to move her long blue wave-like hair together with it.

 

And now as she chills by this short bridge, would be a nice way for us to recap what happened in the last four months....

 

Yep, a while has passed by, followed by a lot of visits from the now Top one B-Rank herself, and it also had a lot of training for the small girl.

 

For her and Saitama's happiness, Fubuki started paying Kobo half what she would come to eventually earn by working for her, she did so because she couldn't be leaving these two without some money as she knows they didn't have much laying around.

 

Together with it, we can't forget how many snacks she got for Kobo, every time she rolled she would bring a box of them, and her father figure had to step in and ask for her to stop as they got so much that the small girl barely even ate normal food at that point.

 

After she stopped bringing more of them a little sad but still understanding his point, Saitama limited how much she could eat per week as a way to make her eat better things for her health.... Although he didn't knows she could go on forever being fine with just eating snacks.....

 

*Bzzzzt*

 

Her training also had incredible results.... As she sits by the bridge small electric bolts run through her hand as she looks at it humming some opening songs from her favorite shows.

 

As of right now, her powers are enough for her to lift a car with easiness using both hands, and that's without any further bonus stacked on top, her raw activation is at that level which is already impressive.

 

Saitama had a hard time trying new methods to see which would help her activate it by will and the one who worked.....

 

Was saying if she activated them, he would make her a lasagna....

 

It worked like magic as she never ate it before, only seeing it on the television in some ads, and remembering instantly what it was her powers made themselves present.

 

After laughing that such a plan really did work he started teaching her that anytime she wanted to use her powers, she just had to remember that ' If I use them, I can eat *blank*', that was her trigger of activation.

 

A silly way of activating her powers? Yes... But the results are showing themselves as she moved her arm around with those cyan electric sparkles appearing around it.

 

Another thing to notice was also her stamina, she could now probably run as fast as a trained adult without her powers, with them she could run Z-City from one point to the other in ten minutes or so, her energy would almost empty by the end of it though.

 

How do we know? Well, let's just say she raced Saitama.... and as soon as their race started she lost in five seconds... yep, the man crossed the city in five seconds running at his 'casual' speed, but that was nothing new.

 

That loss apart, her body got some pretty lean muscles, not bulky or anything, they were just well developed for her age and body type, she was a very wealthy Kobo.

 

*Tap*

 

Jumping back to the footbridge concrete floor, she started making her way back home, her powers still somewhat active as electricity followed her steps.

 

*tap*... - Are these even steps? She is just jumping around while spinning and humming...

 

Well, continuing back towards her sweet home the light of the moon illuminates her way as she goes through the creepy empty streets smiling while her enthusiastic humming echoed through the sad place.

 

As she is walking through the streets, a blue hand with sharp nails can be seen above one of the walls gripping it enough to create cracks, it was placed by a wall some meters in front of her by her right side.

 

" Hmm! Go Go~ Powah Ra- *BOOOM!!!*-  DE HELL!!!!?!"

 

Passing by in front of the hand, a creature bursts through the other side of the wall shooting concrete debris everywhere around the road, it had a blue humanoid body about three meters tall, without clothes or genitals, only its chest part had white skin.

 

His head was that of a piranha full of sharp teeth in its mouth that cracked open aiming for Kobo who was more shocked than scared, the monster's eyes shined with a red glow as it descend to try and bite off the brat's head....

 

Wrong decision.

 

*PAAAAM!!!* - " DON JUMP KOBO LIKE DAT!!!"

 

"AUGH--"- With a kick under his chin with her right leg, she forced the fish monster's mouth shut with enough force that its own teeth pierced its own mouth from the insides out, making his red eyes instantly cease their shine.

 

As she connected her kick the monster's face bled everywhere around the street like a fountain, some even getting on Kobo's hair and clothes... some even in her mouth.

 

But she spat it out instantly frowning before descending from her move towards the ground.

 

*tap* - * THUD!*

 

Stepping down followed by the humanoid piranha's dead corpse, she almost threw up at the horrible taste in her mouth, under her a puddle of blue blood was created as she jumped away hurrying up to get home and clean herself from all the blood that she touched her.

 

" KOBO'S SMELL!!! EEEHHHGKKK!!!!!-*BOOM!!*"- Dust being risen as she jumps away climbing on top of the house ceilings and jumping from there to the other ones.

 

As she hurries up back home with a disgusted face now that she was smelling like dead fish, another three individuals exited the hole the fish creature created on the wall to try and attack Kobo.

 

" Look! I told to you guys it was better if we attacked together! Look at how Phiranha Disaster was left! The doctor won't be happy about this..."- A pink slug-like creature yells at the other as he takes a closer look at his downed companion.

 

" Bush he shaid he would be fine by himshelf...."- The second one was a humanoid green frog with pants and a small knife by his hips in a sheath, his face was very sad analyzing how his friend died like that....

 

Moving closer he helps the slug carry the dead fish's body, the last one was a green prying mantis-like man with his brain exposed to be seen above his head through a glass, he just stood back a little fidgeting with his sharpened blade hands, sweating like crazy....

 

He was too shocked, he was the one closer to see what happened, and if he didn't see with his own eyes he would be laughing and shouting proudly about how their comrade was weak to not be able to take the small girl....

 

But he knew the piranha monster in their ranks was slightly stronger than himself, and for him to be taken out by one hit, made him reconsider his whole life....

 

" W-W-We need to report back to the Doctor... maybe t-the newcomers that are being created c-can get this test subject for him...."

 

Stuttering he spins around and runs back like a bullet, leaving the other smaller ones behind to carry the body, and they both sweat drop at the quick action.

 

"Whatsh up with him? Did he shaw the shubject? Couldn't shee from where I wash..."- Climbing up the hole in the wall with the torso of the fish monster the frog waits for his friend to also climb with the legs part.

 

" I dunno, maybe? ...Well, it's not our job anymore anyways... let's just take the body back and be done with it..."- Climbing up too, they both nod and start to make some small talk as they carry the body back to the said doctor.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

_________________

{With Kobo}

 

Getting closer to the apartment in a hurry, Kobo jumps from one of the roofs close by, getting inside the small balcony that her apartment had.

 

Running inside trying not to make much sound she sneaks inside the bathroom by walking on her toes very gently to not wake up Saitama.

 

As she enters it and closes the door gently she immediately spins the faucet of the bathtub to start feeling it up with some hot water....

 

Tossing her hoodie inside a basket for clothes and...

 

*PLEASE STAND BY*

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

* ELEVATOR MUSIC *

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

A minute goes by, and now she is fully submerged under the water, only the part above her mouth was above as she made bubbles with a deadpan.

 

She smelled terrible, but now she at least is better.

 

"Muuah~..... Fubu said Kobo will go to the beeg city..... But.... Wut about Saitamachi?....."- Getting her head above the water she stares at the white ceiling, asking herself if she should really go.....

 

Buut... She didn't understand what Fubuki said it seems, she would go yes, but it was just a three days type of work as she was an apprentice.

 

Her 'working' load would be three days with the Blizzard Group, as for the rest of the week she would be dispensed, she could learn a lot in her time there but still, be around her house like always.

 

She just seem to don't remember that, and floating with only her face showing she stares up at the lamp, before flinching and closing her eyes as it blinded her for a second from the intense light.

 

"Ehk!-..... "- Flinching while turning around with her face going under the water....And she stayed there, floating like a corpse.

 

Although for herself, she was fine, just looking at the things under the water without a trace of worry... Toying around with some bubbles and laughing creating even more.

 

*Bubbling*

 

A cute scenery.... that is, as long as no one walked in, seeing a body that looked to be a floating dead corpse on the water, yeah cute.

 

The bath is calm and therapeutic for her, she couldn't make much noise as she didn't want Saitama to know she snuck out for a walk.

 

Her energy was high like she ate candy when she exited for her small 'jog', but after returning and taking this bath she seems to have used a bit of it, enough for her to yawn while scratching her eyes as she sat by the bathtub.

 

"Hmm..... Sleepy....."- Climbing out of the tub dripping all over the floor, she takes a towel and starts to dry herself, and after doing so she repeats the process with her long hair which was straight after being wet.

 

Drying it up after some minutes, like magic its waves patterns return, and Kobo visually returns to her everyday one.

 

Being done she picks up a small support chair that was left around so she could reach the sink and mirror, and not having only her eyes sticking above it.

 

*tap*

 

Grabbing her blue toothbrush with a cartoonish smiling whale design and pouring some toothpaste on it, she starts to brush her teeth with droopy eyes.

 

*SPARKLE*

 

A blue arc of electricity appears around her feet, and rapidly appears and disappears making its way up her body.

 

She didn't seem to notice, only being a little confused as to why her vision was getting higher and things were getting smaller, but way too tired to complain she just brushed her teeth.

 

"AUGHGHGHH-*Spits* Ahhh... Maybe Saitama-nii will be okay."

 

Gurgling before spitting it on the sink, she cleaned the toothbrush and her mouth before stretching slightly and getting out from the bathroom wrapped in her cyan towel, it was smaller than she remembered.

 

"Hmmm~ Hm~ I think some water should be cool before the nap, *small smile* tomorrow we still have a crap ton of training to do like always... But before that, let me get something as it's getting pretty darn cold."

 

*vuush~*

 

Opening slightly the door to Saitama's room, Kobo peeked her head inside with her... glowing blue eyes, and seeing the man sleeping with his covers covering his whole body she sighed and sneaked inside with her towel around herself, opening the wardrobe, getting her second hoodie set Fubuki got it for her, and some more underclothes.

 

After getting them she exited closing her door behind her, dropping her towel, and wearing her clothes she quickly noticed how tight her sports bra and shorts were now....

 

" The hell..... Maybe some sudden growth or somethin like that? Heh, later might ask Saitama-nii."- With her clothes on, she turned off the bathroom lights and turned on the kitchen ones to get her water.

 

Opening the refrigerator she picked up a jar of water and stopped in place for a second, staring at the jar in her hand and the refrigerator... It seemed to have... shrink?.-" Hmm..... I may be too tired.... yep, that must be it."

 

Picking a cup and pouring some water in it she quickly gulped it down and put the things back in their places as well as turning off the lights, she walked back to her couch, jumping into it.

 

"OOF.... My leg.... umumumu........"

 

The lower part of her knees now didn't fully fit on it as she jumped on it, head first, groaning she had enough and pushed up her covers above her head and torso, with the lower part of her legs still dangling out off the couch as she laid face down on her cushion....

 

*Snoring*

 

Not even a minute later she already was sleeping heavily not caring about the cold breeze hitting her lower legs.

 

*Shuffling*

 

Moving on to Saitama's room.... he finally rolled around, uncovering his face.... and it seems when the day starts, he will also have a big surprise.....

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

______________

{ 07:26 a.m}

 

*BEP*

 

*BEP*

 

*BEP*

 

*BE-* - *Click*

 

"Hmmmmm..."- Tapping above the clock to stop its annoying sound, Saitama started moving around, rolling around his futon for a while before finally finding the courage to wake up as he had breakfast to be made, or a certain brat would jump him to wake up.

 

Yawning he scratched above his head, feeling weird but he thought it was just the feeling of the morning.

 

Standing up and walking toward the bathroom to brush his teeth he slid the door towards the living room, only to be met with a strange scene...

 

"Hmm?..*scratches eyes* I am still that sleepy, to be seeing things that blurry?.... Will throw some water on my face to fully wake up....."

 

Walking towards the bathroom leaving the snoring Kobo on the couch, he got in and started washing his face on the sink, and when he finally sighed thinking he was fully awoken and looked at the mirror....

 

He blinked once.... twice.... thrice....

 

Then finally seeing it was not an illusion he ran his hand above his...-" Bald...." - Head.

 

Not really believing it, he pinched his cheek, but it still somewhat hurt, proving he was already up.....

 

Then after denying.... Comes acceptance...

 

"EHHHHHHHHHH!!!?!!?!?!??"

 

Everyone around Z-City, be it monsters, humans, dogs, or fish.

 

Be it everything that can sense audio waves, jumped up from the unbelievably loud scream of a man not believing.... that he was now, bald.

 

"WHAT!!! THE ENEMY?!?!? IMMA BEAT THEM?!?! WHERE!?!?!"

 

And not falling behind, Kobo shoots her body up while turning around into a sitting position with a string of droll down the side of her lips, already ready to fight as cyan lightning bolts ran through her body.... But the reality hits her too as she notices her voice tone got a bit lower and slightly rougher.

 

"Eh?"- Looking at her hand that was now bigger, and the things that seemed smaller than before.... she was left dumbfounded, not really registering what was happening....

 

●●● Here ●●●

Spoiler

KOVODONEEE

[collapse]

 

"EHHHHHHHHHHHH!?!?!?!?!?"

 

Another ear-crushing shout can be heard around the city block, but this time way more high-pitched voice, sitting up correctly, she looked around.

 

*BAM!!* - " KOBO WHA-"

 

Banging the bathroom door open, Saitama witnessed a taller version of the girl, looking around confused, it was like she had aged all the way to adolescence being basically 162cm now, and her clothes hugged her body way more now that she was bigger.

 

Her hair was also Incredibly longer, filling the whole couch as she looked around, seeing how the stuff she saw before sleeping wasn't just her tired.....

 

Finally, her eyes locked into the now bald man's ones, and her eyes dropped instantly into a curious face, before she flinched understanding who it was, the ends of her mouth rose as she pointed a finger towards the man that was by the bathroom entrance.

 

"S-Saitama-nii.....*Shaking*.... PPPFFFFFFTT AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!"

 

*THUD*

 

Falling down from the couch onto the ground holding her stomach as she laughed and wheezed kicking her legs, the one being the joke couldn't help but deadpan at Kobo... She didn't stop....

 

And scratching the side of his face he sighed, smiling slightly.-' I guess... This is how things are... Hmm..... *sobs* But why my hair...why.......'

 

Choosing to not mourn over it no more he walked towards the kitchen leaving the laughing girl on the floor, who at this point had tears rolling down her eyes as she laughed too hard.

 

"AHAHA....HE-LL.....PFFT....MY STOMACH!! PFFFT!!!"- Trying to stop her laughing crisis, Kobo started to calm down after smelling the scent of fried eggs coming from the kitchen.

 

Finally helping her to stop her explosion of laughter, breathing roughly she put an arm over her eyes as she rested there on the ground.

 

"Hey... Saitama-nii.... Are ya going to be okay? I will be gone three days a week starting next month.."- Peaking under the arm, she watched how the now bald man peeked his head from the kitchen with a solemn look, thinking a bit.

 

"Yeah... It's fine. You can go without worrying Kobo, It's not like something huge is going to happen in just the three days you will be away."

 

Nodding as the sun started to shine brighter through the glass door from the living room, Saitama turned around, going back to making their breakfast,  his mind was too full right now.

 

First his hair, and then Kobo suddenly grew up over one night..... Today already started being a strange day.....

 

"Hmm...If ya say so."- Walking inside the kitchen after standing up, the girl walks to their dining table.

 

*creeak*

 

Dragging herself a wooden chair as she rested her right elbow on the table, supporting her head with her hand and staring at the now bald man, trying her best to hold her growing smile.

 

" You can laugh Kobo.....Don't need to hold it in, it's bad to hold in your laughter."- Smiling slightly, Saitama filled two plates with some eggs and sliced bread, putting one in front of her by the table, and sitting down with his own her side.

 

As he said that, Kobo immediately lost the funny look she had, and stared away from him.-" No, it's just how reflective its.... that's the funny part..."

 

*cling*

 

Picking her fork she sliced a piece of egg and munched it down, and then immediately turned her head back toward the plate, and started stuffing herself....

 

"*whispers* I guess only her appearance and way of talking changed.... *chuckle* Kobo still Kobo."- Watching the now teenage girl eat brought appetite to him too, and picking up his fork he too started eating his own breakfast.

 

Eating while the sun started to go up, Kobo asked him why did he suddenly get bald as she ate her fried eggs, but he just shrugged, not even sure himself, also firing the question back at how she grew so much.

 

But, she also fired back with the same coin, a shrug.

 

" Before sleeping... felt like things were weird... I thought it was just me being tired..."

 

Eating the rest of her breakfast, Kobo took her plate and stood up, putting it by the sink before walking towards the house entrance and putting on her slippers... which she frowned at how small they were.

 

" What you plan to do Kobo?"- Putting his own plate by the sink, Saitama walked up to her side looking down slightly, he is still taller than the girl, but now he didn't have to almost look at the ground for once.

 

She grinned moving her whole right arm in circles like she was warming up.-" Just wanna try it out, having the feeling I got even stronger!"

 

*click*

 

*Creeeak*

 

Opening the door, feeling the morning sun on her face, she stepped outside, followed by Saitama who closed the door and put the key in his green track pocket, he still wore it, but after a week or so the man he asked to do his costume said it would be done.

 

Luckily Kobo will still be around to see her creation, as her tests are said to be taken next month, Fubuki told them that it was mostly light stuff, so he was relaxed.

 

" What to do.... What to do.... I know!" - *BZZZT!!!* - " WOOOOW!!!"

 

The girl's eyes were already shining vaguely with their entire sea blue glow, now were glowing incredibly bright as large cyan lightning bolts sparkled around her, hitting the floor from the entrance, and walls, but they didn't seem to burn anything... One even hits Saitama's bald head, making Kobo snicker at the man who had both his arms in his pockets.

 

Staring at Kobo with deadpan, he turned around moving towards the stairs.-" Let's get to our training area  before you destroy our whole entrance Kobo."

 

*Bbzz~ uuush~* - " Hey! I wouldn't do that!"

 

Pouting she dismissed her powers, leaving only small electric bolts appearing over her body as she ran after him.

 

"Yeah... Willingly... But just like that time with the toaster.... who knows..."- Descending the stairs with the girl behind him, he called forth the disaster that happened last month with the toaster that he found by one of the destroyed markets.

 

"Hai....."- Lowering her head, she followed quietly....

 

What happened? Well, our small girl, might or might not almost burn out their entire kitchen trying to create a toasted bread.... She forgot the bread in there, and for some reason, the bread didn't jump up, and after a few minutes the poor thing was on fire, and it almost spread around the house.

 

Acting quickly, Saitama threw four buckets of water one after the other above the fire, he did it so quickly that Kobo was left only smelling something burning a second later, and that's how she was prohibited from cooking stuff.

 

Walking with her head down while playing with her fingers, Kobo was exuding her new charisma, she didn't notice, but she now was talking normally, and her thinking process also got way more complex, let's say she could connect two dots before, now she could connect six or eight.

 

She was essentially the same, but just a little smort. A little.... If you say you would give her a bar of chocolate if she destroyed a building, there are high chances she would still do it.

 

"Puah!!! Pou! Boom!!"- Moving her bigger arms around, shadow boxing with nothing as she now followed Saitama through the streets she grinned, and passing by a destroyed red truck she patted its metallic door, being able to reach things easier...

 

*WREAK!!!* - " EH?"

 

Being left with a cute face, the instant she tapped lightly on the truck's door, the metal instantly curved in her hand shape, she even wriggled her fingers around, creating horrendous metallic noises as she shaped it around easily....

 

Both she and Saitama stopped walking for a second....

 

"Kobo... try picking it up..."- Pointing at the destroyed vehicle she was messing around with, Saitama blinked a few times...

 

"Kay..."- Moving closer to get a better grip, she grabbed it by the lower base with her left hand... and lifted it easily off the ground, even moving her arm around, not really feeling difficulty in doing it.

 

She could lift things this heavy before... but not even a bit as easily as she's doing right now....

 

Spinning the massive old piece of iron in her fingers she let it slip with a cute dumbfounded face...-" Ops..."

 

Falling towards Saitama, he just blinked before getting his right arm off his jacket's pocket.

 

*BOOOM!!* - * CRASHH!!!*

 

Slapping the thing to nothingness toward the sky.... and today... something exited Earth's atmosphere, going deep into space....

 

Both him and Kobo had Shadows over their eyes as some sweat rolled down their cheeks.....

 

The silence was the only thing present, none of them really knew what to say.... Kobo was happy with her new strength.... But Saitama just slapped something out of the earth.....

 

"Wha-*BBBZZZZ! VUSH!!* ut... was dat...."- A bright blue glow enveloped Kobo, forcing the bald man to flinch for a second....

 

And now standing in Kobo's place... was Kobo, the pocket-sized version, looking around oblivious at to what happened.

 

" Saitamachi got even strongah!!!! WOOOOW!!"

 

Stars shined in her eyes as she jumped around, leaving a very confused man behind, staring at her as he massaged the back of his now bald head.

 

" What a way to start the day...."

 

 

 

 

18