23. The city under siege
35 5 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was something about waking up in the same place where fell asleep that bothered me. A deep uncomfortable feeling that went beyond the fact that I was in a dark cave. It was the lack of movement my body had made. The simple fact that I was completely unmoved. That wasn't normal. Not all too long ago I used to roll or thrash about in my sleep. This lack of any of that was knew. 

As were my boobs, butt, and mushroom like palour. Unlike those things, though, I didn't understand why I was so still in my sleep. In fact, I couldn't even remember the last time I really fell asleep since my transformation. 

My time with the wyrm was wrought with regular intervals of rest. But not any actual sleep. I was always vaguely aware of my surroundings. It was like I had been asleep without really being asleep. 

This was different. I pondered as to why while getting up. Only for the answer to suddenly come to me with the sound of things snapping. I looked back to see what, and found vines ripped in half. Or weird stringy things, whatever they were they seemed to have been growing out of the ground into me. 

Of the reverse. 

Either way, they were clearly the cause of my stillness. And also, probably the cure for my dehydration. The only downside was that they were a new thing to add to my list of weirdness. 

I tried not to think about how big that list was getting while continuing onward. Before I could get very far, though, I stopped at the spider's corpse. It was smaller than before and curled up like a ball. Not only that, but it changed color. 

The red of its eyes were now a deep blue, and it's body was white as snow. I poked out of curiosity, my finger sinking a few centimeters in before I recoiled away from the corpse. My breasts moved with me, rising high enough to block my view of the spider before slamming into my middle. 

I barely noticed my chest, far more concerned with the corpse before me. It falling apart from where I touched it, turning to dust right before my eyes. After it was all but gone, I pushed past it and carried on. 

The tunnels were silent as I walked alone. They stayed that way for several minutes. Then, the noiseless hush was broken. Up ahead, I could hear battle. One altogether less dramatic than the wyrm's. And unlike most would do, I ran towards that sound. 

I was quite certain that it was the city and their defenses being put to the test. I knew it in my spirit. Yet, my mind doubted, bringing up countless other possibilities. Only for it to be shut up when I finally reached the source. 

The city, was well and truly, under siege. 

It was a desolate landscape of blood, corpses, and fire. Arrows littered the ground as much as loose stone. From atop the city wall, elves fired shot after shot down at the spiders. Magic, bolts of steel, and they even hurled spears. 

My focus was on the battle for only a moment, though. I was far more concerned with the connection I felt with my children. It had reestablished itself, and for the first time since being whisked away to the wyrm, I felt their presence in my own mind. 

They had been waiting for me, and my return had drawn their attention. All across the city, I felt them awaken. They went from dormant and subservient to any who would order them, to my loyal subjects in instants. And they were eager to be commanded. 

I gave them just that. A command to help me get inside the city. No haste added. Some, though, were busy helping others. Acts they had taken up partially on their own and partially on the behalf of others. I left those where they were, to come aid me after. 

Still, I had a sizable force coming for me. One I could feel on the move from here. And as I was about to set out to meet them halfway, something rose up out of me. A sudden knowing that my children were golems. A type of construct that the wyrm had mentioned during one of his lessons. 

When he had, at the time, I barely understood what he meant. But now, now the my connection with my children - with my golems - was back, I saw exactly what he meant. Which in turn meant that it was possible for me to create even more of them without a mushroom. 

At least in theory. 

Now, though, wasn't the time to test it. There was a war waging at the gates of the city, a siege I couldn't afford to ignore. I paid it the attention deserved as I began to make my way down from the exit of the cave. A rocky descent that had my, more than, sizable chest squished in between the rock face and the rest of me. A precarious position when so endowed. 

It was, as if, my breasts were trying to escape from the position they had put in. With a surprising amount of force sadly. Several times I had to momentarily stop to make sure that wouldn't happen, otherwise I'd be sent falling to the ground. A fall I wasn't confident in surviving, even with my ability to regenerate from most wounds. 

It was with a healthy dose of Grace and concentration that I made it to the bottom safely. When my feet were finally again on solid ground, I took a moment to breath. And it was only a moment that I got. 

Immediately after, I heard a piercing shriek and the city gates opened. I stared as out walked a single warrior wielding a sword bathed in light. He roared out some sort of battle cry and charged the angry - angrier really - horde before him. Who all charged back with an equally furious battle cry of their own. 

Despite the seemingly overwhelming odds, the warrior held his own. He struck out with a flurry of slashes. Each one bathed in light and cutting dozens of spiders in half. The corpses left in the wake of his attacks were seared straight through, and left as two burning half's.

I took the battle as my chance to get inside. 

For a moment, it seemed like time stretched thin. As if in the few seconds I took to examine the distance between me and the wall, the world stopped. Slowly, it sped back up as I took that first step. By the time I was full on sprinting, it seemed as if everything was faster than before. 

The arrows, I could hear them hitting chitin and mud. I could hear the fires raging, and the spiders being split in two. Beneath all that, though, I could hear my heart beating in intensity. Not worry filled anxiety, but a restrained excitement that came with putting oneself in danger. 

It went Thump! Thump! Thump! A constant beat that was delightfully out of sync with the rest of me. It beat once, twice, three times as my breasts rose to my chin, before coming back down. There was a majestic sort of weight to it. One rose, then it's twin, and one at a time they would fall. 

The bottom of my robe played a game of up and down with me. A near silent ruffling that was somehow almost as loud as the chaos surrounding me. The only thing louder and more clear was the Clapping of flesh impacting flesh. Each collision causing delightfully quaint tremors to break out across the surface of my vast abundance. 

Like an image in water, the mountains that were my backside shook and rippled. A wave that went down to my thighs, over to my hips, and repeated on itself. It was like a tornado of motion, independently free to wander so long as nothing stopped it. 

And when I stopped at the foot of the wall, leaned over in exhaustion, it took a different drastic movement. My every overstuffed curved, barely fitting into my robes, moved with me. They fell with all the beauty of a stone. Then came the recoil. 

I ignored it as I ordered my golems - for that was what they were - to lower something for me to climb up. The only problem was that they didn't have anything. Nothing that they thought could hold me at least. 

Which was probably true. 

So I got to work on creating a ladder of my own. I slowly constructed each wrung, wringing every ounce of magic I could through my arms. It was tiring work, surprisingly so. In a short amount of time I already felt like giving up. 

I was already drained from the run over here, my strength depleted in it's entirety, and ready to give up. But, I didn't. I couldn't. I knew that the creator would strengthen me if only I had the faith. If I chose to believe. 

So rather than giving up I held on and worked on my ladder. I made rung after rung, enough to get me up a sixth of the wall. Before I could push further, though, a ladder made of solid stone was thrown down. I looked up and saw Jacob staring down at me holding the ladder steady. 

Without waiting for an invitation, I ascended upwards. Where, upon reaching the top, I was met with a warm smile and a strong arm to help pull me up the rest of the way. 

Almost as soon as I was on the wall proper, I gave my legs a break and plopped down at the first space available. All to an audience of at least a couple dozen elves. My cheeks flashed red with embarrassment when I noticed how they were all staring at me. And the closest of them was Jacob. 

He was smiling down at me, grinning like the happiest man alive. 

"So, how was your trip princess?" He offered a hand and I took it, the both of us grunting as I rose to my feet. 

"It was fine. A wyrm taught me some magic, I saw an earthquake, and now I'm here." 

"You met a wyrm?" Jacob asked, a look of disbelief draped over him. 

He wasn't the only one either. Every elf within hearing range seemed to have been startled by what I said. Worse, they were closing in on me, getting closer like a swarm of pests looking to feast. 

And they were hungry for answers. 

1