Volume 1—Snake Reincarnation: Rise of a Nation—Chapter 1: I’ve Become a Snake
643 5 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Life after death was different than what I had expected. I met a God who gave me the option to live another life in another world.

That Godly being felt terrible because I died earlier than my actual death. I was upset, but God said they could compensate for the damage caused.

"I shall grant you the power you desire in this new world. What do you say?" God asked me.

Honestly, if I were to go to this unknown world, wouldn't it be best to have a way to survive? 

I rubbed my chin, "I can have any power I want? So, is there a limit to what I asked for?" I was curious because I wanted to choose my abilities wisely.

"You ask all the right questions. I will provide you with an Administrator who will accompany you in this new world. Based on your growth, this administrator will also grow. As for the limit, there will not be one set for you. For now, I will grant you five abilities. The rest you can receive with your own hands." God explained.

It was a lot to take in, but if I'm correct, it means I should choose the top skills God offers.

"I accept God's offer." I agreed because I felt I had no other choice.

God then showed me a list of skills I went over carefully. I chose five skills just as agreed. I didn't think I'd get skills that would benefit my survival without a hitch.

"You have chosen well. If I may add a few "Extra Skills" of my own."

I learned that Extra Skills were legendary skills that surpassed S-Rank. I would have to remember that once I reach the new world.

"Now that's settled, I would like to introduce you to your Administrator, Leo."

A bright ball of light came into view, "you won't be able to see him in the real world. Instead, he will speak through your consciousness."

After meeting Leo, God prepared a portal for me to enter through. 

"Ah, one more bit of knowledge. Don't worry about being used or controlled, so you may live as you please there." God pointed out.

I was glad to hear it. I faced the portal and stepped inside, and once I did, everything around me became pitch black.

Where am I? Why's it so dark? Did God lie and send me to the afterlife?

Crack! Crack!

Hm? What's that sound? 

There's a small hole with light coming through now. It all seems familiar, almost as though an egg is hatching.

The sounds of hatching ceased, and the darkness had become light.

It didn't take long for my vision to focus, and once it did, I saw millions of eggs surrounding me.

Wait. Millions of eggs? What's with this situation?

 

Admin Leo: [Master has been born into the world. Congratulations on waking up.]

 

Hold it. What do you mean? Where is this?

 

Admin Leo: [Snake Den confirmed. Master's species upon awakening...snake monster.]

 

Haha. I thought you said I was a snake. That was a hilarious joke.

The sounds of other eggs hatching drew my attention. I froze and watched with horror as snakes began to pop out of their eggs.

I felt denial at what I was watching.

When I tried to move, it was unnaturally. No feet, no hands. There was only one explanation.

I had no other reason to doubt my situation.

It was clear that I was not human but a snake.

Of all the things to reincarnate as, did God plan this?

 

Admin Leo: [The answer is unlikely. Human syncing was found unconfirmed.]

 

I see. So finding a human host was difficult. But why a snake?

I didn't expect the Admin to answer this since it was a rhetorical question.

It still took me a while to adjust to my situation. I also noticed the other snakes leaving the snake nest.

Should I also get moving? Where should I go, though? I'm not familiar with the world I'm in.

The Admin says it was a snake den, but where is the snake den located?

 

Admin Leo: [Answer: Snake den is deep inside a burrow. Would Master like a map of the location?]

 

There's a map function? That's convenient! 

Yes! Bring up the map!

 

Admin Leo: [Partial Map generated.]

 

Only partial? Well, I guess it's good enough. Now let's see.

I peered closely at the map hovering in mid-air before me. It seemed to have some pretty neat functions.

Other than being able to point out where I was, it could also show potential escapes and dangers nearby.

There seemed to be a tunnel close by with minimal danger. 

I decided to take this route. The map disappeared after confirming the path I would take.

 

Admin Leo: [Chance of survival taking this route: 30 percent survival rate.]

 

It's better than nothing. I should get moving. Who knows what dangers a snake like me could meet? 

I slithered out of the snake nest and took the path I remembered from the map.

Some snakes took the same route as me earlier.

 

Admin Leo: [Warning! Signs of a powerful aura ahead. Master, be careful.]

 

A powerful aura? I bumped into a snake that seemed frozen in place.

 

Admin Leo: [Warning! Monster confirmed! Finding information on the target.]

 

I looked up to see what all the fuss was. 

 

Admin Leo: [Target identified. Bull Spider, confirmed! The level exceeds the Master's.]

 

It was big.

 

20