Volume 1—Snake Reincarnation: Rise of a Nation—Chapter 3: Escaped the Burrow
347 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Here we are." We stood before the entrance to the well-hidden area in the wall. 

If it's here, we should be able to relax until the other two snakes wake up. I learned a few things while talking with the snake.

Since we are monsters, none of us had names. It was a rule that monsters obtained names from stronger monsters or humans.

So that meant that in this world, it was best to leave my old name behind. It would be suspicious if I suddenly had one.

"So, what now?" The other snake asked me.

"First, we should come up with names to call ourselves," I mutter. It would be confusing if I kept going snake here and snake there.

"Even if we name ourselves, there will be no change." He says.

Another fact I learned was the way to tell a snake male or female apart. Female snakes are much more enormous than males. 

"How about I call you Big?" I asked.

"I like it!" He seemed to be happy with the name despite being smaller than me.

"For now, you can call me White." It was in context to the color of my scales. Unlike the other snakes, I came out pure white.  

"White, it matches. What about those three?" He asked.

I glanced at the unconscious snakes and noticed that each had distinct features that could tell them apart.

"We should wait for them to wake," I told him.

After a while, the other snakes finally came around. They were confused about the situation, so Big explained it to them.

"Wow, you ate a spider bigger than you!?" Yellow asked.

After giving temporary names to the other snakes, these were the names I chose. First, there was Yellow because of the light yellowish-green scales.

Then there was, Snail because he talked slowly, and the last snake was Runt because he was smaller than us.

After checking the map for any dangers outside the hole, the five of us exited and headed for the entrance.

We came across a small opening in the burrow. When we came out of it, I looked back. To think the inside of such a small hole could be that big.

Now that we had made it out, I think it's best to find a place I could call my own. It's not a good idea to stay out in an opening like this. 

I don't know the kind of fantasy world I inhabited, so it's better to make a base and then work on studying my environment.

As for the other snakes who came out with me, they turned to me and stared at me with big puppy dog eyes.

It looks like they will be coming with me. I'd feel bad if I left them behind anyways. Now I need to find the perfect spot to set up base. 

Since the map I received was only for the inside of the burrow, I'll have to rely on Leo this time.

Leo, are there any uninhabited areas near here? Maybe an open space with flat ground. 

 

Admin Leo: [Checking nearby areas....]

 

A few minutes later

 

Admin Leo: [In 100 meters west, there are some ruins. Signs of life...? Calculating...] 

 

I waited a few more minutes.

 

Admin Leo: [None.]

 

That's great! I turned to the other four snakes, "if you want to follow me, then that means you're okay with getting stronger, right?" I asked.

The snakes looked amongst themselves and nodded, "yes!"

It's best not to be alone in a world like this. I was lucky to run into these four on my way out of the burrow.

"Don't go back on those words because no matter what, we must survive," I told them.

We took the journey 100 meters to the west until we reached the destination of the ruins. I never expected them to look ancient.

On the carvings of a few leftover building pieces were letterings and drawings of dragons.

"Woah! It's so cool! Is this where we will be staying from now on?" Runt asked.

It looks like Leo led me somewhere nice. It may look unorganized now, but thanks to my skills, I'll turn it around in no time.

I chose them because of a dream I harbored in my past life. I'll use all the knowledge I know in this world to become a leader.

Even if I'm a snake, it won't stop me from acting upon my dream. I should have a word with that damned God, though.

The least they could have done was warn me that I wouldn't become human in my new life.

Would it be acceptable to show these snakes my abilities?

 

Admin Leo: [Affirmative. Master can grow stronger and give them proper names, this way, they would be too loyal to betray Master.]

 

I see. It's a great idea. Showing my ability may be my advantage. Since the more I show, the better it'd be for me.

I should rearrange the ruins to look more lived-in.

 

Admin Leo: [Would Master like to use the skill, Architecture?] 

 

Yes.

Another magic circle appeared before me and began to take shape. The shape molded and became a black hammer. It slowly lowered to the ground.

I didn't expect this! I was hoping for some grand magic. Maybe telekinetically moving buildings around or something. 

 

Admin Leo: [No worries, because Master is in a fantasy world, it is not uncommon for beings like snakes to suddenly have hands.]

 

I looked down to stare at stubby arms that appeared out of nowhere. I'm indeed in a fantasy world.

"Wow, you even have magic!" The four snakes were looking at me with big round eyes of admiration.

I don't think winning them over will take longer, or perhaps I won them long ago.

14