Volume 1—Snake Reincarnation: Rise of a Nation—Chapter 4: A Place to Call Home—Part I
295 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Let's see. So, this goes here, that goes there, and over here.

I used the hammer and noticed it did about 80 percent of the work. The rest of it came from my imagination. 

I didn't want to change much about the structure of the ruins. Instead, I decided to repair the damage and add a little of my touch to it.

Snail looked closely at one of the pillars that now stood, "it...looks...brand...new." 

I'm glad they like it. 

When I finished, we had an entrance between the two pillars. We were missing fences surrounding the area so enemies would find it hard to get inside.

"Since we don't have the material to build fences, we should be careful," I muttered.

"We're finished," Runt says with exasperation. 

I had the other snakes pull up weeds so that there could be a place to make a pathway.

"Now what? Neither of us had anything to eat since our escape," Yellow says, her stomach rumbling loudly.

That's right I'm also starving. Does this mean we have to eat what snakes eat? Wait, why does it matter? I already ate a spider!

"So, who will go hunt for our meal?" I asked. 

Snail slithered forward, "leave it...to...me." He says with a determined expression.

We all looked at each other, "well, if that's okay with Snail." Yellow says.

Snail seemed to be excited to have a more dangerous task. I'm not sure if it's a great idea since the other snakes don't harbor skills just yet.

"Are you sure you'll be fine?" Big asked with concern.

"Of...course. I'll be...back...with...food...in a...jiffy," Snail says.

We decided to let him do the hunting, but none of us expected that even though Snail was a slow speaker, it wasn't the same for his movement.

Snail came back in thirty minutes with rats for all five of us. 

"Woah, I didn't know you were that fast!" Yellow happily eats her rat.

I would have to agree. I did start noticing some things about the snakes that followed me. For one was Snail's speed. 

He's faster than us, while I come in second. As for Big, he's stronger. I'd say that he could pick up heavy things without much difficulty.

Then there is Yellow. Unfortunately, I haven't discovered what sets Yellow apart from the others, except her scale color. As for Runt, his intelligence seems to be impressive. 

"I'm glad to be able to have something in my belly, but I can't say the same for Big," Runt says while glancing over at Big.

We laughed that night and got to know one another even more. Tomorrow will be another start of our day. I will have to show more of my skills to make our stay even more comfortable.

Not only that, I have decided that I'll get stronger starting tomorrow and will also help the other snakes get stronger.

While the others were sleeping, I spoke with Leo about using my abilities.

I wanted to know the limit of using them.

 

Admin Leo: [Master has no limit. It is up to Master how you use your skills.]

 

After hearing this, I was glad. The only thing I couldn't do with my abilities was conjure up material. I have to find the material I need.

With the Farming skill, I will have tools automatically.

Now that I know more about my abilities, tomorrow should be a piece of cake.

I'll use my mining, gathering, and architecture skills to gather wood and stone to make a fence barrier. 

Second, gathering food to last us a month and using Farming Skills to make plotted land for future agriculture. 

I also shouldn't forget the storage area to preserve food. It's a shame I don't have a cooling skill or something. 

For now, the food gathered should last at least a month.

I have a lot to do if I want to build a nation where I can feel comfortable. 

I'm starting to feel sleepy, and my eyelids are feeling heavy. I must be tired after the long day I had.

 

Admin Leo: [Sleep tight, Master.]

 

The gentle voice of my administrator was the last thing I heard before falling into a deep slumber.

 

Next Day

 

I woke up full of energy, and the others were gearing up to do some work. "What are we doing today, Boss?" Big asked.

"Today, I will show you guys my other skills." I point out.

"I already knew she was special when she made those pillars stand," Yellow says matter-of-factly.

I knew they had some questions to ask me and could tell they were holding back.

As for now, the only thing I can do is show them I have every right to become a leader.

I first started gathering wood and stone. Thanks to my mining and gathering skills, it was a cinch. 

I had Big put all that material in a pile, one for wood and one for rock. 

 

Admin Leo: [Would you like to use the skill, Architecture?]

 

Yes!

I imagined the kind of storage area I wanted. It would be advantageous to have shelves and closet space to store meat. 

With that thought in mind, I began to use my hammer to build. It started taking shape the way I imagined it would.

I finished the building in five minutes and was almost out of mana.

"Amazing!" All the other snakes looked upon my creation in awe.

"What...is...it?" Snail asked.

Runt answered after making a silent judgment, "wouldn't it be a place to store things?" He asked.

I'm not surprised that Runt guessed it correctly. I'll have to find books for him in the future.

I think he'll be perfect for gathering intelligence, "you're right on the mark, Runt. To be specific, it's a storage facility," I point out.

"Oh!" Yellow seemed to have gotten the gist of it.

Big was slow to understand, and Snail looked as if he was confused for another reason.

"Why...would...snakes...need...one?" He asked.

I can see why that would confuse him since snakes can eat everything raw and as is. 

But I can say that cooked food is much better in many ways. For one, raw food is good, but I think I can't get past the way it looks.

Just thinking about eating another dead rat makes me shiver. My human nature from my past life can't get over that detail.

"We're done building the storage, for this next task involves all of us. We will go hunting for meat and fish. I understand this is a dangerous task, so we'll only hunt for small animals." I explained.

We ended up splitting up in twos, with me going alone. I hope I find something useful.

12