Basic Knowledge Of This World
1.1k 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sat Yug (Sat = Truth, Yuga= Time Period) : The first beginning period of the world. Here Godly power in the world was at its peak. Humans were also a lot stronger in this time period

Treta Yug (Treta = A collection of three things) : Middle time period of the age of God's. This is also the time period where lord Vishnu took his 7th Avatar,Rama.

This is a chaotic period as demons, Raksha and Asuras were rampant in the world. 

(Yug or Yuga means Period of Time)

Dwapara (Dwapara = Decline) Yug : In this Yuga (Period) our story will take place. This is at the end of the age of God. This is also the time when the world's deadliest war happened. 

: This is the current time period, After the age of God. All the evil and big sins happened in this period. This also is the end of periods. It's said at the end of it 10th Avatar of lord vishnu will take avatar to clean the world and again start the kalachakra (Wheel of time, Kal=Time, Chakra=Wheel.)

Fun Fact: Kalyug is also known sometimes because of the Asura named kali. Who is said to be responsible for the raise of the sinners.

Characters:

Karan: This is a boy who died with only a wish to live his life to fullest not the one he lived in the Kalyug. Who later got more than what he asked for.

(Karan name originated from the karna. Both names mean ears or ear.) 

Karna: The unsung anti-hero of the mahabharata. He is known for his golden heart. He is the son of the sun god, Surya. Who was born from the boon given to unmarried median princess , Who in curiosity provoked Devine mantra(Chant), While looking at sun. 

He was born with the Divine armor and earring( Kavach , Kavach= Armor, Kundal= earrings), Which said to be impenetrable. There is no weapon in this world that penetrates that armor. This armor is also soaked in Nectar of immortality (Amrit), This is the reason why it's said that as long as Karna was wearing this armor he was immortal. 

But he donated this armor and earrings to the king of god Indra who came in disguise of the  (Equivalent to priesthood.) He is later killed by Arjun because of God's deceit and curses.

He got many names and titles throughout his life, ex.

 

[

●Radheya (The son of the Radha) : This is the name he himself gave to him because of his love and devotion towards his mother.

●Adhirati : Like Radheya this means son of Adhirata, His adopted father.

●Suryaputra: The son of the Surya (The Sun God)

●Vasusen: This name his adopted parents gave to him. Means the one who was born with wealth as he was born with armor.

●Karna: By this name everybody knows him but the reason behind the same is very sad.  This means peeler of skin. This name was given to him after he donated his armor to Indra by peeling his own skin because that armor connected to his flesh. Also he had to cut his ears to take out his earrings(kundals).

 

Titles:

● Vrisha: Vrisha means the one who is truthful in speech, engaged in penances, keeps his vows, and remains kind to enemies. Karna is the epitome (प्रतीक/ Symbol) of all these qualities. That's why he is known as Vrisha.

●Digvijay: The conquer of the world or 10 directions.

●Danveer: The one who gives anything in alms.

●Anga-Raj(Raja=King): The king of Anga(State in  India(Aryavart) of that time.

●Vijaydhari: The one who wields the bow named Vijaya. This bow is gift karna received from his Guru (Teacher).                      ]

Radha: She was the wife of chariot driver Adiratha. She and her husband adopted Karna when they saw him floating in the river Ganga in the basket. She was a very loving and caring woman.

Adhiratha: Adopted father of the Kanra. He was though strict but caring towards karna. He will do anything to protect his son.

Kuti: She was princess in the kingdom of Kuntibhoja Kingdom. She got the Divine mantra (Chant) from the sage that she can get a son from any Deva she wants. Her personality appears to be a soft and caring mother but only in front of her son's, She will not back away from doing something that might be seen as immoral in the eyes of people. Her reputation is everything to her. 

Yudhistira, Bheema and Arjuna are the Children's she given birth using Devine mantra (Chant)

Pandu: He was 2nd brother out of his three brothers but because his older brother was blind he got the right of the throne. He had 2 wife's but because he killed sage and got cursed, He left everything and went to Vanvas(Live in forest). Curse was that anytime he had sexual relationship with his wife. He will die.

Madari: She was 2nd wife of Pandu, Who he married in just a few days after getting married to Kunti in a political marriage to stop a war. She and Kunti accompany Pandu in . Later after years Pandu couldn't help it and slept with her and died after that, Because of guilt she also jumped into the fire of her husbands cremation.

She borrowed the mantra from  and gave birth to twins named Nakul and Shadev.

Yudhistira : He is the oldest pandavas( Son of Pandu) and his celestial father was God of death and Dharma, Yama. He is known for his Dhamra(Moral way.) He is Exalted at spare

Bheema: He is the second oldest son of , 2nd . His celestial father was the God of Might and Wind Vayu. He had immense strength in him from birth.

 

His personality was hot headed and little muscle brained. He didn't care what and who he was talking to in rage. He also had the biggest appetite. He was good at Gadha (Mace) fights.

Arjuna: He was the 3rd known son of Kuti and King Pandu, who was also born with help of Boon. His celestial father was King of God's Indra. 

His personality was arrogant and jealous.  He was good at bow and arrow.

Nakul : He was the 4th  and oldest twin born to Madari. He was in the kingdom of people known to be the most handsome man in Aryavart (India) at that time. Because of this he had a narcissistic personality. He didn't like anyone being handsome then him. His and his little brother's celestial father were gods of medicine Ashwini Kumar. He was good at swords.

Shadev: He was 5th and last  and also the smartest . He was good at astrology and prediction. His godly father was Avinanu(Twin brother of Ashwini kumar) god of health. He was good at Axe.

Gandhari : One of the most kind and soft hearted woman in that period of time. She was the mother of 100 sons and 1 daughter. Her sons also called Kavuravas (Kuru bloodline clan). Just because her husband was blind, She also blindfolded herself to feel the pain of her husband. she is one of the biggest devotees of Lord shiva.

Dhritarashtra : He was the elder brother of Pandu. After Pandu went, he was given duty to take care of the kingdom. He was blind from birth and later also known as blind king. Though disable but he was not weak. He himself was stronger than the adult bheem. Who was the son of god of might.

Lord brahma: Known as god of creation. He was the one who created everything.

Vishnu: God of preserver. It's his duty to take care of creation until Lord Shiva destroy it. He is also the trickiest Gob to deal with. He was hated by Rakshas (Demons) and Asuras. He was also called  (illusionist/ Trickster) by them.

Lord Shiva: God of destruction. It's said that he will be the one who ends this world to create a new one. He was most easy to please and a soft hearted god. He doesn't discriminate against anyone no matter Naga(Snake tribe people), Rakshasa(Demon), Yaksha (Spirit) etc. Also You can give me anything as an offering and he will accept it no matter what it is, This is the reason why he is also known as  (Lord of simplicity).

Trimurti : Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh( Lord Shiva's other name) combine known as Trimurti (Tri=3, Murti= Sculpture or Figure), Can be called as a Trinity.

14