10. Birth Of The Goddess Of Shadow
530 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sandhya really feels hostility toward Chhaya now. She regrets why she made her at that time but now it's no use regretting it as things already happen.

At that time she was newly wedded to Surya. She was happy as her life was perfect. She was the queen of one of the most powerful kingdoms in the land of the gods, She had a most loving and doting husband. She later even gave birth to the 4 incredibly powerful children, All of them were excellent at their own fields from their birth.

Her eldest son Yama became the god of death and dharma (Righteousness), Which gave him the title of Dharmaraj (King of Righteousness). Her 2nd and only daughter Yami, Who was later known as the Yamuna became the goddess of the river, Her 3rd and 4th twin sons named Ashwini (Light Bringer) became the god of medicine & health and Asvinau (Great wealth) became the god of the dawn and sciences, This duo known as Ashvins* even appointed for the next position as a doctor for the gods after they became adults.

Her life was perfect but she had only one problem, brilliance. The brilliance of Surya was so much that it was getting unbearable to resist his heat even though she is being a goddess of twilight. At first, she thought she would get used to it with time but god she was wrong. As time went by not only did she not get used to it but His brilliance increased day by day. Every day she feels exhausted and drained as she uses all her power 27×7 to resist it. 

Though she was suffering she didn't tell her husband Surya, She knows he does his best to control his power so as not to harm her or his surrounding people but his power is so much that there is always some speck of power flare-up from his body. 

She didn't want to hurt him. She knows how much he loves and dotes on her. If he finds out he was hurting her this much it will make him sad, Which she will never allow to happen. Just like how Surya wasn't able to see her sadness, she also does everything to make him happy. So she keeps it a secret, choosing to endure it silently for a long time.

But then after the birth of the Ashvin twins, she found out that they still had children's in their destiny, This news made her panic, In her current condition she can't able to perform the godly ritual for children at all and if they fail to perform midway then not only it will backlash her but also Surya on a spiritual level.

So she decided to go seek a solution from her father Vishvkarma* (All Maker) the god of craftsmen and architects but she had to keep this thing hidden from Surya. If he finds out then he will surely be able to discern her real purpose. She thinks about it and thought about sneaking out and when she gets a solution then she can surprise him.

But now the problem was that her children were still little and needed their mother to take care of them. She doesn't trust anyone other than herself to take care of her children, not even Surya is allowed to do it. 

'What to do? I can't leave my children like this.'

She again falls into a deep contemplation but a long time passed and yet she couldn't come up with any solution. 

*Sigh* 

She sighed in annoyance and started walking back and forth in her own personal flower garden until the first rays of sunlight befall on her as they were embracing her in a warm loving hug. As the sun with his eternal beauty started to rise on the horizon in the celestial scenery of the morning red sky.

Sandhya felt those rays and a charming smile arose on her rosy lips. This is their everyday ritual as each morning the first ray of his light always falls on her to express his love. He is not good at expressing himself in words, So he did with his actions, For which she admires and loves him for it.

Soon light also illuminated the garden and then the whole world as he started his everyday journey in the vast sky. Sandhya also recovered from her trance and looked away from the sun as it's getting unbearable to look at it. She picked a water-filled lota* from the side and started to spill it slowly in the direction of the rising star Surya as an offering.

After she was done with the offering, She bent down to put down a lota then realisation hit her as she looked down at her shadow on the ground.

'Hey, that's it. Who can be a better substitute for me than my own shadow?'

She thought of this and started chanting the divine mantra, Golden coloured Sanskrit words started coming out of her mouth and started to spiral around her in a downward direction toward her shadow. They were emitting holy brilliance which warped the whole garden in their golden luster.

"O' Shadow Arise as me and became alive."

Finally, those golden words touched her shadow as these words fell from her mouth. Suddenly all the brilliance in the garden faded away and was replaced with eternal darkness. The whole garden felt like it had fallen into a dark abyss. Not even the light of the sun god was able to vanish this darkness from here.

But Sandhya standing in the middle of it without any fear, She curiously watched the darkness as it slowly started to concentrate toward her shadow or at least where her shadow was supposed to be.

Soon all the darkness in the garden gathered into her shadow and a figure of a woman emerged from it. Sandhya looked at her in astonishment because the woman who emerged from her shadow looked exactly like her. The only difference was that her complexion was dark, as dark as the shadow she was born from.

"Hey, My name is Sandhya, I was the one who created you to take care of my family in my absence, Can you tell me your name?."

Sandhya was the first to speak. She asked with enthusiasm. She was curious about the woman in front of her. She currently likes when she was young girl at her father's house full of curiosity towards the world. She was nervous as this was her first time doing something like this.

"Please forgive me devi (Goddess) Sandhya but i don't have a name, Can you please give me one?"

The figure spoke in a very deep like abyss but also as calm as a new moons midnight voice. She looked at Sandhya with her deep dark hope-filled eyes.

"Humm....How about Chhaya? Do you like this name I gave to you?"

Sandhya thought about it and said the most suitable name for her. Chhaya means a shadow but this word is can also used to describe a mother's love as Sandhya wanted her to be the caretaker of her children, So this was the best name for her.

"Thank you, Devi, I love this name. From now on I will be known as Chhaya."

Chhaya said in a joyful voice as a beautiful happy smile adored on her rose-petal-like lips.

This is how the Queen of Darkness and Goddess of Shadow was born.

(A/N : How is it guys? Do you like it? If you please don't forget to leave comments and if you have time, a review.

Also i binge watched Karnsangini and i loved this song in it, This song pulled all that show. I was surprised how I didn't find this song sooner.

Here is the link if anyone wanted to listen :

https://youtu.be/wOuj9NzKric

[1] Ashvins : This is a 7th month of the Hindu calender. 

[2] Ashwini (Light Bringer) : He is know as a light Bringer because he is the one who give light of life to sick people to recover of their sickness.

[3] Asvinau (Great wealth) : Like hhis brother he his also give mortals wealth but not as a mony but as a knowledge. He also known as god of horse.

[4] Vishvkarma : He is architects of God's, He was the one who created all that weapons of God's and the heaven for Indra to rule.

[4] Lota : This Is commonly know as small barss water container.

Also i binge watched Karnsangini and i loved this song in it, This song pulled all that show. I was surprise how i didn't find this song sooner.

Here is the link if anyone wanted to listen :

https://youtu.be/wOuj9NzKric

The song

Like always thats for reading and have a good day 😁.)

14