13. Sandhya’s Boon
526 5 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sandhya!!! What are you planning to do? Don't do it, it will backfire on you."

Chhaya's thoughts were broken by the loud shriek of Surya. She hurriedly looked at Sandhya and found out that her hand was on her abdomen, a place where Surya's energy was most concentrated. Then she had a horrifying realisation as she felt the powerful suction force from Sandhya's hand. She was trying to suck out overbearing power from her body. 

"No, Sandhya doesn't do it. It's too dangerous to do this, I can handle this little power, I have an inherent resistance to it."

Chhaya spoke hurriedly trying to stop Sandhya in her tracks. But Sandhya didn't stop because She knew, Yes indeed Chhaya has an inherent resistance to Surya's power but that doesn't mean she is safe, Far from it. If Chhaya wasn't able to keep up with the overbearing nature of his power then she will surely fall as her darkness of divine power will be destroyed, Which in turn makes her fall from godhood into samsara.

"Yes, Sandhya stop, Just wait for me to get my powers back, Don't do this."

Surya again said to Sandhya, trying his best to convince her to drop this idea but Sandhya just looked into his eyes lovingly without saying a word. 

When Surya saw the look in her eyes, His worries were dismissed a lot. Though anxious he didn't try to stop her again. After Chhaya saw this little action a sudden feeling of envy emerged in her heart, Sandhya and Surya said the thing with their eyes that a thousand words might not be able to convey. She knew what she was feeling was wrong and she felt ashamed for it but she always wanted to have an understanding between Surya and Sandhya. Unfortunately, she was just able to get close to it but never reached that goal.

"Sandhya, Stop!!! I don't need your help, Go away."

Chhaya throws off her baseless feeling and again puts effort to stop Sandhya from making a foolish mistake. So she started making desperate attempts to stop her. She knows at this point only making her angry can stop her.

"Don't worry, I will be fine."

The cold voice of Sandhya rang in the hall. You can feel her anger in that bone-freezing voice. 

She was really angry at Chhaya, not only because she had broken her oath and betrayed her trust but also because of the curse she gave to her husband Surya. 

She for the last 1000 years was in a deep mountain cave on the earth to do penance for pleasing lord Shiva. This is a solution her father gave her. Once she pleases Shiva, she can ask for a boon from him, So she can bear her husband's powerful heat, and as she planned she was successful in pleasing the lord Shiva and ask the boon not to be harmed by the power of her husband's heat. After receiving a boon, Her happiness has no bounds, She couldn't wait to go back home and meet her family again.

For them, it might be just one year but for her, it was thousands of years apart from them. This is a reason why most of the godly beings chose earth to do penance as time flows differently here. In the ratio of 1:1000 years. The higher you go in Loka's (Worlds/ Dimensions) the more time flows fast as compared to the earth.

So she came out of her cave but the scene she saw shocked her to the core. She saw the Sun in the sky eclipse and cast a dark shadow on the earth. She felt the pain, sorrow, and despair of Surya. She panicked thinking Surya might find out about Chhaya and misunderstand her motive for leaving her there. She dashed toward Surya Loka* (Kingdom/World/Dimension of Surya) at a speed faster than light. She was ready to face the wrath of her husband but what she saw was far worse.

Even before entering the hall, She heard Chhaya's words, which made her feel like she was in a nightmare. She even thought that she was still being tested and still in a cave but reality slapped her face as she felt that power of Surya not affecting her at all. 

Then the meaning of those words hit her. Before she was occupied by the thoughts of the child Chhaya was saying but now she realises Chhaya not only betrayed her by having a child with her husband but also cursed her next child.

She was enraged, She might forgive Chhaya for her betrayal but She will never forgive the fact that she punished the innocent life. She stormed into the hall towards Chhaya planning to take her back inside her once more but just as she was about to do the unthinkable, Her sight fell on a newborn in her arms and suddenly most of her anger vanished. She felt that this child belonged to Surya as there was some invisible connection between them.

Then all those beginning things happened and now she was trying to save Chhaya's life. She who initially wanted to take her life back now is trying to save it. What an ironic destiny playing with her.

Snadhya didn't have anyone anytime to do anymore, As she started to take out overbearing power from her body. 

In the astonished eyes of Surya and Chhaya, Sandhya was unaffected by this power, even when that power ruthlessly tried to burn everything around it. Chhaya's condition also improved as that power got out of her body, so Surya also put her down from his arms.

Then he said something that changed history.

——— End of Flashback of Surya ———

"Savmi, We came here to see our newborn, Where is he?"

Surya woke up from his deep thoughts from his wife's voice. He looked at the horizon as both Sandhya and Chhaya approached him in excitement and anticipation.

"How do you know about his birth?" 

Surya asked them teasingly as he would know the reason for it.

"Svami (Husband) Why are you teasing us? Please tell us where our newborn is. We can't wait to see him."

Both Sandhya and Chhaya spoke at the same time. They were in so much sync that it felt like they had a telepathic connection between them. 

"He is safe in the hands of the best mother one can ask for."

Surya said and longingly looked in the direction where Ganga left with his son, He was annoyed by the fact that he still can't see his son. But then he realised he misspoke and quickly turned to look at the duo. 

As he feared both of them looked at him with an offended look.

"So we are not good enough mothers, Svami?"

Both of them said and turned around to leave but their speed was not fast, As they were waiting for him to come and coax them.

Surya helplessly shakes his head, prays for the safety of his son, and goes after them to coax his wife. This was their usual thing to do. 

As for what decision Surya made? What happened after Sandhya rescued Chhaya and How do they know about the birth of Karna? Well that's a tale to tell some other day, Right now let's focus back on our protagonists. Let's see where he is now.

Somewhere between the border of the kingdom of Hustinapur and Kuntibhoja.

'I have to do something about his aura of being born a king or he will surely be targeted by the world."

Ganga said as she looked at the little Karna sleeping in her arms comfortably. She slightly cut her fingertips. Just as the wound opens, it starts to condense a drop of scarlet-colored blood, emitting a divine aura. 

Just as the blood appeared visions started to appear all around it. Even Gaga's face turned pale as this drop was nothing but the essence of her divine power. 

She held her finger at top of the middle of Karna's eyebrows, Right at the top of the half-rising sun mark. 

As for why she didn't notice that sun mark? Simple as forces in the dark working to prevent anyone from knowing he was a star child. The power of curses is terrifying.

Finally, that drop of blood dropped and was absorbed into his body.

[Ding!..........] 

Just as blood dropped, the System voice rang in Karna's mind waking him up in shock.

(A/N : Now let's focus on Karna for a while . Then we will know more about Surya's family as the new members start to appear.

Don't forget to leave a comment (No matter what just leave comments as it's my motivation for writing the book) and if you have time leave a review.

Also like always thanks for reading and have a good day😁.)

14