22. Hidden Love Of A Father
578 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Karna opened his lotus-like eyes. Just as he opened his eyes a very beautiful innocent smile unconsciously appeared on his lips.

*Boom* 

As tha smile appeared in this world, the Beauty of everything became pale in front of it. The moon who is known for his beauty hides back in the cloud in shame. On the contrary, stars started to twinkle even more. The stardust fell from the sky and landed on the small stature of Karna.

Karna was as if not more radiant than the immortals. His eyes were tawny like a sun in the sky, His small palms were like a beautiful lotus flower in the middle of a pond, enchanting. He has a small yet broad shoulder like his father Surya. He was divine.

Adiratha and Radha were stunned seeing this heavenly scene but what stunned them even more was the beauty of Karna.

Even if he is a little, The charm surrounding his body far surpasses anyone they know. The beauty of Karna was so much that it stunned them for quite some time. They thought Karna was already very beautiful when he was sleeping and was worthy of being a celestial birth but now they realize that his sleeping appearance was not even a drop of water in front of this vast ocean.

'Who are these people? And why my heart is racing this fast as if they are important to me.'

Karna looked straight at a middle-aged couple. He first takes a look at the woman because he doesn't know why his gaze somehow attracts her. He has a feeling that she is very important to him. He felt enormous love for her. Then he looked at the man, and his heart filled with immense respect for him.

'System, What is happening? Where are these emotions coming from?'

Karna, though not to hate this feeling, was very annoyed. After all, these feelings are very alien to him.

[Ding! These emotions are the result of the cause-and-effect the host carries in this world. If the host wants to stop this emotion just click "YES" and this emotion will be permanently erased or the Host can select "NO" to close this window.

(Note: Host can delete this emotion anytime he wants.)]

The system came out and informed the reason for this sudden appearance of strange emotions.

'That means these were emotions of the original Karna, So that makes this couple Adiratha and Radha.'

Hearing the reason Karna quickly concludes, After all these deep emotions can only be for them. They deserve the original Karna's deep affection and respect. So Karna decided not to erase this emotion and clicked on NO.

"Arya Arya, He looked at me first, He looked at me first."

Finally, Radha comes out of her trance and realizes her wish has been fulfilled. Her son looked at her first. She was so happy, She lifted Karna from his cradle and held him close to her body on her bosom. Then she showered him with kisses. A lot of kisses, On his head, forehead, face, palm even his soles were not let go by her.

Here Adirataha was a little jealous. After all he also had some expectations as a father but nonetheless, he was happy for Radha. He had forgotten when he saw his wife this happy before. The joyous and genuine smile on her face felt like it got lost in time and might not ever appear on her face but here it is now that beautiful smile that he had fallen in love with, not the forced half-hearted smile. He thanked all gods there for bringing that smile back to her.

"Now that he wakes up, You go to sleep. I will take care of him."

Adiratha came to Radha and again suggested. He knows if he does not remind her, She will forget about sleeping in joy, He knows his wife that much.

"Arya, Wait little longer, He just wake up, Please let me spend little time with him,"

Radha begged to let her spend time with Karna. She looked at Adhiratha with her void-like eyes pleading with them. This is her ultimate move to convince her husband.

"No mean no Radha, You have your whole life to spend with him, If you become sick how will you enjoy those future moments then? So go and take a rest."

Adiratha ruthlessly denied her request. He though knows her yearning can't let her stay awake anymore, This is not good for you.

"But- "

"No but, Now go and sleep, That's an order."

Adiratha didn't let her argue. He knew if he let her talk, she would definitely be able to convince him. So he used the authority of his husband and his stern voice commanded her to go to sleep.

"Okay, But you have to wake him up if there is a problem , Arya."

Radha had to agree even if didn't want to, She knows her husband is doing it for her own good. So after reminding him and handing Karna to him, She go to her bedroom.

Seeing that Radha was really gone, He held Karna in front of him.

"So I really became a father, a beautiful gift gods bless me with." 

Adiratha finally let his emotions out. He looked at Karna lovingly as he held Karna very carefully like me made of glass fearing he might hurt him.

Karna looked at him in gratification, He was overwhelmed by the affection of Radha but Adiratha saved him.

"I promise you Karna, I will do anything I can to give you anything you want and protect you till I have breath in this body."

Adiratha, overwhelmed by the joy and emotions, makes a promise to himself to do anything in his power to give the best life he can to his son. After all, Karna was the one who gave him the title of father. His eyes also got wet from the tears of joy.

'So this is the love of a father, Unmeasured but hidden.'

Karna too overwhelm by the emotions, He saw and enjoys the love and affection of his mother Ganga, and Radha but he failed to notice the ocean of love his father has for him, The willingness of Surya to tear part of himself to his armor and life and now the willingness of Adiratha to protect him till his breath last. 

He heard of a story of how his celestial father tore part of his body to give him life as Kunti was a virgin, He may be doing the same thing now. How he gives him this precious Armor that even gods will envy him. He also heard of the story of how his adoptive father Adiratha begged saints to be teachers of him.

But Karna felt guilty for never noting their love as it was covered by the upfront love of his mother. If not for seeing Adiratha showing his love now, He might never know the love contained in their hearts. 

"Putra (Son) You sleep now, I will stay here to protect you."

In this solitude, he didn't have to hide his love for Karna. He planted a kiss on his forehead and carefully tugged him into the blanket. There is a very bright and heartfelt smile on his face.

'I should never fail their love for me.'

Karna makes a promise to himself and well... Go back to sleep. This is the only job of newborns, eat and sleep.

In tranquility, this night passed. Adiratha keeps watch on Karna throughout the night. Only when he felt that Radha woke up, He went to the side and pretended to be asleep. 

Radha came into the main hall and saw the scene of Adiratha sleeping soundly by the side keeping Karna unattended but other than being angry, She gave a knowing smile. How can she not know the man she spends her half-life with?

'No one blames you Arya if you show your love to people you care about.'

Radha helplessly said in her heart and put a blanket she was carrying on him. She knows him so much that she came prepared.

'There is still time until sunrise, Take some rest.'

She whispered to him and went to check Karna. After finding he hadn't wet anything, She started her morning routine. 

Soon the sky turned red and the radiant Sun rose from the horizon.

Adiratha also woke up from his nap and went to worship and offer water to Surya.

"Arya comes and eats, breakfast is ready."

Seeing that Adiratha came back, She asked him to eat, Adiratha came to the dining hall and started eating and then he said something.

"Radha, We should go and show our child to Swami* prince Dhritarashtra and queen Gandhari to take their blessing."

Adiratha is the charioteer of the eldest prince of Hastinapur, A mighty warrior Dhritarashtra, He said to has a power of 100,000 elephant but sadly gods don't bless him the gift of sight, He is born blind, Some of a short tempered on but he was quite good to them even didn't care about their Shudhra caste, maybe as both of them shear fate of being rejected by world for the birth they don't have any control over.

"Hum, Queen Gandhari is also quite good to me, Let's go today Arya and take their blessing."

Radha quite liked this idea, She is pote and singer appointed to new queen the wife of Dhritarashtra, formal princess of Gandhar kingdom Gandhari*. She is really good to servants like them, Only sad part was that she chose to tie her eyes and blind herself to shear the pain of her husband.

"So, It's decided we bring Karna today to them to seek their blessing."

Adiratha said and decided to bring Karna to them, Unknown to him fate in the back quietly changed because of his decision.

( A/N : Hey, I know the phase of the story is slow but don't worry about it as the introduction of the initial characters is complete, Story will pick up its phase.

[1]Swami : Don't misunderstand a husband, Swami with W means owner or superior. Often used to call their boss respectfully.

Oh, it turns out it's salmonella, I was sick because of it. Don't worry, I am feeling a little better than yesterday after the doctor gave me medicine.

Thanks for reading and have a good day😁.)

9