Chapter 2: Dear Big Sis
356 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He closed his eyes once more, lastly opening them right after, his crimson eyes glowing even redder, he could see it, another world behind the world these people were living.

"…the ember energy is still present in this world, but sadly, humankind didn't evolve to use such power. haha….maybe one of many reasons they stuck to science, rising to such heights. It's a shame, but it shows, that where ever mankind lives, greatness will follow." 

Enough with the view, he placed the book he was holding on the nearby table. a book consisting of only a small number of pages, in spite of its pages being on the low, its cover looked grand nonetheless.  Etching the name of their family. [Mirakel] on its front. His hands touched its rough cover, it was like a ritual for him now, always feeling the book before he read it again and again and again. 

He truly loved reading. Discovering new things, new philosophies, psychology, science, and politics. Everything was different in this world, making it even more intriguing to study. But amongst them, his favorite book was this thin book.

"the book of Mirakle. The only book which has a semblance of magic." He said, gazing at the book with his glowing eyes. "..and the only book that resembles the book of my past world."

Maybe it was the familiarity of the magic, he sensed within. Maybe it was his way of reminiscing his past life. This lean book turned to him more. For the past him, it would have been nothing special. As it was only a simple book, dealing with their family business. The so-called magic potions. The main lifeline of their noble family.

Yes, the potions meant nothing to him, as a grand sage like him was capable of more than just making simple health potions, but that was only within the realm of magic. Here, in the modern world, there was no magic, for them, advanced medicines were the key to health. Making their magic potion, a miracle of its own. As what modern medicine couldn't cure, the potion, the 'Mirakle potion' could.

Its fame, reaching all the way to the sky, that their once peasant family reached baron, and from the baron, it grasped all the way to the highly renowned status of viscount. And the very reason the family could create such a miracle was because of the same lean book, which was in the hands of the new heir to the house of Mirakle.

"…..but to make even the simplest of potion, one needs something more important than just a magic book."

For a magic potion to be made, the cook, the handler needs to be someone special, something more mystical which couldn't be defined by the mechanics of science. as the word magic potion is named, the chemist must also be part of the same world.

"…..a mage. Hahahahaha. How fortunate I must be. To be born with a body that could touch ember. To be born with the bloodline of magic casters. But…."

As he was in the midst of reading his book and laughing out loud. The book itself started floating above his hands, as it drifted backward. Reaching all the way to a pair of small pale fingertips. Revealing its owner's face, identical to the boy. from the shape of their noses to their chin. The only difference being, one was a boy and another was a girl.

Both, taking their mother's gorgeous appearance and their father's undeniable charm.

"…brother!" she called out. 

Now that her brother's focus was on her. her smile couldn't be covered, her cheeks turning red, with all the sweat, running around their mansion to find him, but simple tiredness couldn't stop her from pacing toward her beloved brother. The one who was with her since she was inside her mother's womb. 

Her tipsy legs marched towards the boy. knocking on his soft chest. It may have looked like they were the same height but being the male, he was only a shy tall. 

"brother Aaron, I was looking everywhere for you…" she paraded, like a child who was just lost, trying to search for her parent.

And parent he was, even though they were of the same age, Aaron, her twin little brother, always seemed much mature, smarter, wiser. It was like seeing a birth of a genius. Getting praise from their family and the many masses.

And in comparison, the other one, was weak, her body not wishing to be wholly hers. Sickness and many diseases clamming her since she was a baby child. It was hard living in such a space. So much so that her heart would pain seeing her family see her in pity.  It wasn't like their mother and father didn't love her, it was even harder for her because they loved her so dearly. 

Her heart lowered from its beat, feeling she was nothing but a nuisance for their happy noble family. the only place she felt livid was this single space. A warm bare hug from her brother, who knew from the start, how she was feeling and was with her in every step she took. She wasn't jealous of her brother in spite of such mild treatment and lack of talent, but she loved him even more so, as he was there to do what she couldn't. 

Such were the thoughts of an eight-year-old child, in comparison to an old soul who was in his thirties. Which made Aaron like her even more, as his worthy sister. A worthy family.

"…..oh Eli, I was going to look for you myself," he called out. Patting her soft long hair. "what made you come all the way here to find me?"

And she wasn't the only one he came close to within these Eight years, as eight years was enough for him to accept his new family, it took time, but in the end, he was caught within the pages of closure and who wouldn't? having such loving parents and a cute little sister.

 His past life didn't have such luxury, as he came from the bedrock of slums. Maybe it was a blessing, his whole life, he was searching for a place to belong, a place to hold dear. And he was finally given, what he was truly in quest of.

"...ummm, ummm, you know, sister Livia is here." 

But the familial love stiffened with those words, his throat drying of any moisture, halting his breath from the sudden news, her cute little sister presented, and adding her adorable smile and puppy-like eyes. he should have been happy. But reality begged to differ.

As Eli was ok being compared with a genius heir like him but someone wasn't like the mature Eli. In spite of sharing the same blood, kindness, the familial love. He couldn't even find a speck of it.

Yes, before him their parents gave birth to a daughter. Who was hailed heir before him? but destiny wasn't kind to her as he was born. 

"o…oh, sister is back from school. Oh right, this month was her vacation. I… almost forgot." He muttered, his hands slipping out from their hug. "sorry, Eli. I will play with you later. i…..i need to rearrange the library. You know, how I always mess it up, right?"

"brother?"

Even though the hug was tight. He softly slipped out, his steps pacing back to the door. As his walk slowly turned to a dash.

'…..three months, hmm….three months, I can live outside the mansion for three months. It's not much of a problem.' He thought as he reached for the door knub.

His fingers were right above, ready to turn it right away. It should have been easy, but nonetheless, for some reason it felt impossible to even budge at that moment

'wait no... it's not the knob, it is my ….hand.'

"Oh, isn't it my cute little brother?" echoed a voice from behind? 

That voice alone was enough for him, enough to know the reason behind his frozen hand. Even though his hand was solid, his body wasn't. so, taking a stake in his heart. He gradually turned. Gazing at her lovely big sister, he was instantly blinded, her sliver hair shining from the rays of the golden sun. her shining jewel-like eyes, glaring at him like he was only but prey.

In his past life, nothing could have scared him, the many war mages, saint warriors, and many magic emperors. They were nothing but dust to his art of wizardry. But this sister of his. She was the one. the one who took a hold of his fearful heart. 

Like with his newly found parents he wanted to get together nicely with his big sister, but how wrong he was. Since he was just a child, helpless from his past strength, his past magic. He could only suffer. Suffer from the unbeknownst wrath of his big sister and with many years added, so did the fear in his heart. And like an instinct grabbing on. He could only fear from those crimson eyes, its owner, calmly sitting on the edge of the balcony like a hawk, glaring at its prey.

"n..nice to meet you…..sister."

Aaron's eyes shift to look elsewhere when the sunlight sparked something on his sister's chest. Taking his attention right away. And his eyes couldn't be any wider, as he could see, a silver badge of wings, which could symbolize one thing and one thing only.

"you….became a knight?....how?" he questioned in disbelief. 

8