Chapter 4: Night stroll
231 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tip! Tap!....

 

The dry streets tipped, their surface starting to get tapered with drops of modest rain, its fall gradually growing until the whole city was taken by its wet storm. With the dark clouds enveloped the whole sky, not even letting the many moons, shine their glory. 

 

Even though the night sky lost its starry lights, the blistering colored lights of the streets were still present, glossing even more from all its dampness.

 

Tip! Tap!

 

"....to much contamination," Aaron complained. Gazing at his open palm, feeling the rain force on his hand. 

 

Knowing the storm would stay, he decided to stand up, letting his hood cover his silver hair. he was already wet but standing at such a height, he would surely fall with the blazes of the wind.

 

He gazed down, hundreds of feet below. The noise of many vehicles and people filling the streets. Even on this stormy night, the street was still busy. People shouting, and automobiles running. Turning their light shields on. They didn't even need to hold simple umbrellas. 

 

It was raucous, but it was the city's way of telling it was peaceful. And for Aaron, Observing the lives of the many people, his people. he didn't need more than this to calm his frustration.

 

'….a defeat is a defeat. Can't let this get to me now, can I?'

 

Even though he had aged, and even reincarnated. The taste of defeat was still bitter. But that only told him, he was still weak. Weak to stand in this new world, weak to defeat his enemies, and weak to protect his new family.

 

but even in his past life, he had started from the pit, the bottom of the bottom. So having a powerful family background like now, dropped the difficulty a few notches. 

 

"young master. It's raining heavily. Would you like to proceed back home?" asked a man from behind. 

 

The man appeared all so sudden, like a buzz of lighting striking from nowhere.

 

Rumble!!

 

With the roar of the thunder, the night sky shinned, giving the man a speak of second stance light, his whole body covered in a black cloak. Only leaving his ever-glowing red eye.

 

"...Rudy, you're here. How was the survey?" Aaron asked, unhinged by his lack of presence.

 

"...but, young master. We should head bac…."

 

"haaaa…" Aaron sighed. " Rudy, it's just a simple rain. What could it do more than just damp me?....nothing. so don't make me ask twice, how…was…the survey?" he again asked, turning to him at last. His eyes, glaring back at the red-eyed man.  

 

"ahem…" Rudy coughed, stepping back as his knee bent to the boy right away. " Sorry young master, only some poachers at the center back alley, nothing more." 

 

"che….here I thought, I could take off some steam. Haaaa….. The crime rate has declined awfully a lot in these times." He said in frustration.

 

"yes, you are right young master. It started to go down when you started your night strolls two years ago. Even on this night, poachers and many other criminals fear the unknown 'Little Devil'." He replied, his boastful tone roaring how proud he felt.

 

A future lord taking care of his fiefdom from the darkness of the night. Taking such responsibility at a such young age. '….young master Aaron. I humbly await what many feet you would accomplish in the further future.'

 

Aaron already felt cringed, listening to his nickname, bathed in the night world of their city. He would hurl his dinner out if it wasn't so delicious. Whereas his butler was glossing over the nickname so proudly. He wanted nothing but to curl down in non-existence. But he accepted it nonetheless. 

 

"haaa….let's take care of those poachers, shall we?" he asked, taking out his demon-like mask. 

 

It was just a dark mask, gapping from his nose to his chin, designed in the shape of a demon's mouth, the details of long sharp teeth twisting its way out. It was horrifying, with just a glance. And adding his ever-glowing crimson eyes. with the darkness of the hood covering his hair and eyes, the nickname 'Little Demon' was indeed well deserved.

 

"let's go, Rudy…." He said, tapping his foot on the edge of the floor. "the long night awaits."

 

"wait! Young master!!" shouted Rudy in worry.

 

Aaron only smiled, falling off the edge, before his butler could stop him. the rapid air struck him, with all the drops of rain tattering on his face and his dark long coat, which only blistered like it would rip apart, from the wind as he fell head down like a hammer. 

 

Rumble!!

 

While for Rudy, watching his young master fall from such height gave him a shock of the century, for Aaron, the view was breathtaking, falling with the rain, with the light of thunder flashing his arrival.

 

"open flaps." He commanded.

 

His hands and legs opened up, a blue neon cloth covering everything in between, like a hawk, he weaved through the air like a bird, diving by the many buildings and towers, taking dangerously close turns.

 

"yeaaaahhhh!!!!" he shouted in excitement. Forgetting the pain in his cheek, delivered by his own sister.

 

His eyes glossed crimson, gazing at his destination. What Rudy said was indeed true, it was but a few poachers, inside a supermarket. Trying to lad out some tokens. "hmm, they look like poachers of the east, hmmm, what are they doing in the west side?" 

 

He was already floating through like a bullet, dodging all the wires and cables, hanging on the many poles.

 

'can I make it? no, I will definitely make it.' he thought. Glaring through the open door. 

 

Like an arrow, his body passed by the open door, heading its crash course right onto the target.

 

"hand over all the tokens!"

 

"boss! Watch out!! Somethings coming!!"

 

"what? Where….!?"

 

Bang!!

 

Aaron had his hand crossed on his head, diving right on the poacher's back, crashing like a speed bullet, he could even hear his shield crashing as the poacher's bones cracked up like light wood. And having such a soft landing, the damage which should have heavily injured an eight-year child like him, left nothing unturned. Only leaving his two fingers bending back.

 

'thank god I got my gear hacked, otherwise, this news would reach mom asap.'

 

Standing up, he gripped his two fingers, holding his breath to the limit.

 

Crack!

 

"ouuuu….holy fuck, it still hurts," he complained. "haa…but it's still useable."

 

He turned to the mess he just created, all the shelves devasted, from his landing, the one who called himself the boss, all bloodied beneath him.

 

"little devil!.....its the little devil." Shouted a poacher from behind.

 

Aaron turned, seeing the many hooded figures, turning their Lazer guns at him. he wanted to laugh out loud. But it seems, his guess was right. These were indeed newcomers.

 

'using guns in this era, what foolishness.' He thought. 'so that's why they aren't afraid, even after knowing who I am.'

 

"ok guys, I can bring you in warm. Or I can bring you in cold. Your pick."

7