Chapter 1 – 14 years later…
863 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A loud bang resounds inside a large training room.

“I admit you've been improving a lot, but you're still so confident charging in that haughty way that I'm tired of suggesting otherwise, why such stubbornness?”

After telling me that his sword collides with mine one more time to the point where it almost flies out of my hand and then he grabs my neck with his other hand and throws me to the ground.

It didn't take long for me to recover my concentration quickly, standing up, take a safe distance and answer.

“I don't need fear with my healing ability and strength”

Wilson immediately raised an eyebrow.

“It is true that your level of healing is inhuman, I could stick my sword in you and when I pull it out it is as if nothing had happened, but I am sure that you are not immortal, you should always think about that possibility”.

It's true, maybe I've relied too much on that fact lately, but it's very difficult to carry out these training sessions knowing that I'm not in any danger, even more so, being aware of my extraordinary self-healing ability. This has undoubtedly caused an imbalance in the focus of my training.

“Anyway we will finish today's training session, I am still quite satisfied with the results you have shown.”

Wilson said as he put the sword back in its sheath giving me no choice but to put my sword away as well. His strength ranges from SS Rank so it would be masochistic of me to ask for more time, bone, speaking in detail, I haven't scratched him with everything and he's holding back.

“It's okay Uncle Wilson, I've been pleased too that I couldn't do anything to you”

I told him with a sarcastic laugh.

“Don't be a joker either, it's clear you'd have a hard time fighting a C rank, but for your age, the word 'exceptional' falls short so you shouldn't feel bad”

“Sure? I haven't had a chance to meet other kids”

Tilt your head as a signal to seek confirmation

“Completely, it is not necessary to know other children, the normal thing is that the moment of awakening is at 16 to 17 years old with a G Rank, the most talented, they wake up at an earlier age, in fact, I know a child in the Realm that woke up at 15 with a Rank F+, no one can expect that.”

“However... in your case I can feel that I'm fighting with an E+ rank already to be promoted to D- at any time with only 15 years old, and speaking of which…”

He stares at me carefully for a moment.

“Next week will be your birthday, Lucas and I have prepared a gift for you, and we will also take you to meet some people”

Ugh, he's staring at my clothes...

“I have given you access to a budget that many would envy, but you only buy casual and cheap clothes, I don't know where you got those clothes and it's not bad to be modest, however, treat yourself once in a while”

“It's not modesty, it's just comfortable, I don't see anything luxurious wearing such excessively expensive weird clothes unnecessarily, and as for those people I was brought to meet, they're not noble, right?”

“Unnecessarily expensive... No, you don't have to worry about that, besides, the people you'll meet aren't exactly noble, but they're influential and will help you in the future”

I see...so it will be like this, that being the case then if I am unusually curious, what kind of "help" will you give me?

On the other hand, I don't have many other interesting hobbies either, it doesn't sound like a bad idea to meet more people, since I've lived and grown up in this house, I've only been studying, training, watching TV and playing video games, It's almost as big as a mansion and I just have to ask one of the employees for the food and they cook it for me, I sound like I'm pretty pampered, but for what Wilson and Lucas have demanded of me, I haven't failed at all.

Currently both are my tutors

Yes, I am aware that neither of them are my parents, that is to say, nor do I look like either of them, although I have asked them about them on several occasions, they limit themselves to saying that I will find out at the time and that I should not have rush. Honestly I have no problem with that, I'm sure they have their reasons.

Interrupting me from my thoughts Wilson speaks to me.

“By the way, have you advanced your ability to sense mana?”

My face darkened upon hearing his question... Instead of moving forward, I think I've stopped dead, I've had problems with it.

“Nothing, I think I am unable to hold mana in my body, I have only been able to feel it around me, but nothing in my body, I am sure that I have followed the different instructions of the old man and without losing calm, however, I have not developed Nothing specific”

After listening carefully, Wilson sighs and answers me.

“Okay, don't force yourself into that either, I'll talk to Lucas about it, anyway, it's possible that your strength lies in other things, it's a fact that you're strong and you'll be even stronger in the future, you have nothing to envy Lucas." a mana user”

Even if he says it like that, I still feel a little awkward, being a person without mana in a world where everyone uses it is just out of character and I've seen how people with almost non-existent mana are treated, now a person without a grain of mana in his body, not that they can intimidate me, but it will only be a difficult situation if someone tries.

Ok, let's stop thinking about that right now. Oh well, now that I remember,

“Okay, no problem, but I have a question Uncle Wilson”

Wilson looked a little surprised at my sudden words.

“Sure Rafa, what's up?”

Right, I forgot to mention it, my name is Rafael, just that, I don't have a last name since it is assumed that I am an “orphan”.

“Even though I haven't been able to sense the mana in my body, I only recently found out during one of my practices that I can manipulate the mana in the environment in some way”

His reaction was one of total surprise and bewilderment.

“What?! What specifically do you mean by manipulating ambient mana?”

It didn't take long for me to demonstrate, raising my hand, I tried to channel the mana around me, it took almost 4 minutes until I could finally feel the mana gathering in my palm like a small whirlpool.

Wilson who was looking at this, immediately frowned trying to understand, but then shook his head and said to me.

“You'd better talk to Lucas about it, his mastery of mana knowledge is deeper than mine, but I'll tell you what you just did is quite interesting, you're currently doing nothing with it other than moving a small amount mana back and forth, but if you were able to use it, it's just that it's impossible for people to do that”

I stop channeling mana and he asked with a raised eyebrow.

“So it's useless to manipulate mana like that?”

“Yes, at least on the battlefield, the help it would give you would be little or nothing, the mana itself is not capable of doing much if you don't use it in skills, but of course, I'm speaking practically from ignorance because you know that I am more of using a sword to fight and all my skills go around it”.

He contemplated the words that he just said to me, it makes sense, in the same way it will be better that I consult with old Lucas about this fact to see what he can tell me.

“Boy, I already told you, don't force that, later you'll have complexes if you keep looking at it, wait until you talk to Lucas, and besides, it won't be long before you have some real experience, you're still very young , but you have enough talent for it, or is it that you feel inferior simply because you don't have mana?”

I can not avoid laughing.

“Hahahahaha Uncle Wilson, looks like I'm not the only prankster here”

A big smile spread across my face.

“With or without mana, they can't kill me, why should I feel inferior?”

Uncle Wilson's corners turn up and he answers me.

“Again with that haughty attitude, well it's better than self-conscious, besides that, it's time for you to be more independent, although I won't cut your budget, the time is getting closer for you to leave home more, in the meantime, Keep training".

Wilson starts to head for the exit and grabs his coat, but before he leaves he turns around for a moment.

“I have to go now, they are waiting for me somewhere else, by the way, Lucas will come tomorrow”.

After saying that, he leaves the training room. So the old man is coming tomorrow, 3 days before my birthday…

I stop to briefly look at the armory in the room and then proceed to leave the room.

'Complexed…' I thought.

Heh, I would never stoop so low, whoever I face in this life, I will surely show them the true meaning of terror.

24