Chapter 6 – A Taste of the Real World
374 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been 2 days since I went to the Kingdom guild with Wilson for me and his daughter to register, after that, I've spent these days arranging my things in the rented apartment and buying a few things.

Going from living in a mansion with servants to an apartment alone is an incredible difference. It was a spacious apartment, but quite tight, and since there was no training room I had no choice but to watch TV and play on my cell phone while I wait for the day to clear my first dungeon.

Wilson gave me her daughter's number so that I could agree with her, of course, Veronica was surprised when she realized that I had sent her a message, but when I told her that it was her father who gave it to me, I just accepted it. 

That day she just told me that she would give me the notice about the day the group would meet to clean the dungeon and then this morning she sent me a message that the day of the meeting will be tomorrow, she also told me that I must be well prepared.

Well, I certainly didn't know what kind of things I should prepare...

In order not to bother Wilson with that, it occurred to me to search the internet with my cell phone and although it was not all clear, I started to leave my apartment and buy some things that would be useful to me.

'mmmm… for starters, I should buy an accessory for storage'

I'm honestly not sure how it works, I've never really needed one. As I understood it can be a ring or a bracelet and it works with mana, for this reason, it can connect with the user's mind and adapt to their needs, that way the user only needs to think to put things in and out of it.

The city I was in was called Linz, it is the most important city in the Krusugia Kingdom after its capital Nanton, after following some suggestions on the internet I was able to find a shop where they sold enchanted items and equipment.

The store was like any other and it was also quite big so I had to talk to the manager on duty to locate a storage ring, I chose a ring over a bracelet because it felt more comfortable and I could even sleep with the ring on. I also learned that they come in different sizes and in that sense I went for the cheapest.

But before deciding that that was all I would buy, I looked at some shelves of books that seemed quite curious to me and I directly asked the worker who was assisting me.

"What are those books?"

The worker gave me a weird look like I was unusual and answered me.

“Those Technique books, each one contains a technique, on that shelf are the G and F Rank techniques which are the ones your mana capacity could tolerate, the higher rank techniques consume incredible amounts of mana and at worst cases can cause irreparable damage. Are you new to this?

So they use mana… Well, I guess it doesn't hurt to look.

"ehh something like that, let's say I've only learned the concepts of sword fighting"

The worker nodded as a sign of understanding and explained.

"I see, some fighting styles don't depend on techniques but many prefer to have at least one, if you want I can teach you some that could be useful to you hmm... you said you fight with a sword right?"

Looks like he got pretty excited.

"Of course and yes, my main weapon is the sword"

After that, I followed him to the shelves and he started showing me various books.

Even though I am fully aware that it will be impossible for me to use any of these techniques, the presentations of these books call my attention. Also, I'm hoping one of them will fit in with what I've been practicing so I asked if there was an easy-to-use ranged attack technique because I was missing it in my fighting styles.

That made him think about it for a few seconds and then he started going through the books until he pulled one out to show me.

The title of the book was G-rank [Energetic Bullet].

“This technique is quite common and the easiest for ranged fighters, mainly because it is used as a base to learn advanced elemental techniques, it is about gathering enough mana to materialize and cast it. But there comes a point where it does not damage and that is when it is an opponent with a rank equal to or greater than D because it lacks an elemental essence, it was raw mana so it could be compared to the shot of a firearm.

That explanation was more than enough for me to get an idea of how it worked and honestly I was curious if I could get something useful out of it, so without further ado, I told him I'd take it.

I also noticed something else, the bookshelves had fewer and fewer books according to how high the rank was and this meant that the higher the rank, the harder it was to get, and even, there was no technique shelf class. S and instead there were only technique books up to rank A which there would only be 3 technique books with that rank and that didn't catch my attention.

Oh, their prices were astronomically high, I guess it's not good that there are many replicas of those techniques even knowing that the high-ranking ones are few...

“Thank you for your purchase, come back soon”

It was what the worker told me before I left.

I would have bought a lot of things to carry in my hands so it was a good opportunity to try the storage ring and by the time I put things away I went for a walk to a park that I had seen a while ago, seeing some people eating ice cream I started to feel a little desire to eat one and I began to look for a cafeteria between in one of them.

It was certainly late afternoon so I wanted it to be quick, I just ordered an ice cream shake and while I waited, I concentrated on reading the technique book.

The book itself was pretty good, it had the concepts and some illustrations with even tips. Even as I had thought, I came up with many ideas to put into practice with the mana that I could manipulate.

The waitress had already arrived with the ice cream shake in the middle of my reading.

While I was drinking it, I wondered where I could practice it.

I guess I'll have to do it on the fly tomorrow in the dungeon, this was all completely blind because it was a fact that I had no mana in my body.

The waitress who was serving me went to pick up the already empty glass of my ice cream shake when I heard a couple of girls who were sitting at another table.

"Amazing! He is incredibly strong."

“How did you manage it?!”

I noticed that they were watching the cafeteria TV and the first thing I noticed was that you could see a handsome red-haired boy on it, it seems that they were transmitting while he was fighting against a practice dummy, in the title it said that it was an E rank practice dummy.

It was a channel that works in the Republic and this time they were showing off to the young generations with simulated fights.

'That doll is in the same range as the ones I practiced with when I tested Nihila'

It was what I thought, the girls did not stop talking.

“It is already the second doll with which he fights, it is amazing for a young man of only 16 years”

“And he is quite handsome, it is a pity that he lives in the Republic of Leonia”

And after I barely managed to defeat the second dummy I started to wonder… Aren't the people of the Republic exaggerating a bit? And of course, what is the need for this advertising?

Oh, I can clearly see that he's already exhausted after defeating the second doll. However, the waitress who noticed my puzzled face started talking to me.

“His name is Seth and he is a prodigy of the Republic, it is said that he will be the next hero because he is a genius who was born in the nation of freedoms. You don't need to compare yourself to him, even if you're not as talented as him at least you're very handsome."

The waitress said so with a slight red hue on her cheeks…

I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry, I was kind of surprised because I felt uncomfortable being compared to someone else.

“Thank you, I'm flattered miss. I would like the account please”

I answered her with my usual smile and she gave me a short reply with encouragement and started off.

After paying the bill I went to my apartment without detours, when I arrived I realized that I had received a message on my cell phone.

"hey, tomorrow is the day we go to the dungeon, don't forget"

The message was from Veronica and it was more of a reminder, and after replying that I hadn't forgotten, I just read the technique book for the rest of the day.

12