Chapter 19 – An unproductive talk
203 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days ago I received a message from Verónica asking me if we could talk, I agreed because I did not have many things to do for this week.

Sure, I had a lot of things on my mind to pass the time, like trying to do a solo dungeon, but since I didn't really consider it important, I just took the opportunities that came my way without thinking so much.

In this case, a meeting with this girl.

We had agreed that I should wait for her in a certain place where she would look for me in a car, the point is that when she arrived, it turned out that the car looked quite luxurious and large, in addition to having her family's crest on the sides. sides.

When he parked, the driver got out and told me that Verónica was waiting for me inside.

At this point his arrival had attracted a lot of stares, sometimes I forget how much influence a duke's house has.

It was 5 minutes after I got into the vehicle and it was already running. The interior was spacious enough for one to stretch out their legs.

Veronica hadn't said anything since my arrival, her gaze was fixed on the outside.

"It may be too late to ask, but... where are we going?"

She turned her gaze to me immediately after I asked that question.

"I have to go to school, don't worry, our conversation won't last long, then my driver will take you to your destination"

So back to school... it was a detail that I had overlooked, education in the kingdom was only for the privileged, or rather, the noble houses, in contrast to the republic guaranteed education to everyone regardless of last name.

I didn't go to school, and although I was able to get by with Wilson's help, I was provided with the best of homeschooling, the only thing I missed out on was socializing with other people my age.

In fact, I realize that for this reason, my way of seeing things differs a lot from people, for example, how I should dress, my manners, or even the concept of respect.

These days I tried to go to eat at a rather fancy-looking restaurant out of curiosity and they ended up kicking me out of the site because of my clothing, apparently of a poor person.

I am not particularly poor, I had something to pay with, but according to them, I acted and dressed like one, in addition to the fact that the place only served noble people, no matter how much I insisted that I could pay, they did not serve me.

What a shit, it still makes me angry when I remember it, well...

"I understand, I hear you then"

"I need you to help me convince my father to allow me to clear dungeons, he forbade me since he found out that demons have been appearing in some dungeons."

No wonder it happened.

"Fine, I understand... but how am I supposed to help you?"

I asked the question crossing my arms, honestly, I don't know how that girl would think that I could change her father's mind.

"I know that unlike me, you can still clear dungeons, you even got a permit to do them solo, and you're the only one my dad looks favorably on"

She always remained calm and sure of herself, to tell the truth, the girl already has everything prepared.

"So, if it's you, I'm sure that if he sees that we start to get along, my father may change his mind, so I ask for your cooperation"

Maybe it's not that far-fetched, but for her and for what she's asking of me, I could easily get myself in trouble with Wilson, and I'm not sticking my hands into the fire for free.

"Okay, what do I get in return?"

That's when I actually saw a little reaction on his face, but he recovered immediately.

“Can't you settle for spending time with me? Being one of my followers has its advantages”

What kind of deal is that?

My eyebrow went up as if I was asking him if he was really being serious.

Veronica who saw this gave a long sigh.

"What do you want?"

Good question, I didn't really have something in mind, but I found it ridiculous not to ask for proper compensation.

"I have to think carefully"

Veronica narrowed her eyes.

"Fine, as long as it's not over the top, I won't have a problem."

Even though she gave me a cold attitude, I just smiled pleasantly trying to show my honesty.

“Calm down, I know my limits”

The girl's cold expression broke at my words, it had been replaced by a look of disbelief.

"I have seen many handsome boys, forget that you are going to cast a spell on me with your appearance"

Hey? Sorry?

My eyebrows rose once more and shaking my head I asked with a confused expression.

"What are you talking about?"

I was just acting normal, I never had any ulterior reasons to use my appearance as a weapon.

"Don't play dumb, you should know by now that your appearance is way above average, and I hate those kinds of people"

Ah, so that was about it, I think lately I've been becoming conscious of my appearance, it's not like I can really do anything.

I've heard stories that attractive people usually take advantage of that, knowing how little I know about her, it doesn't surprise me that she gets such a negative reaction.

A young lady from a noble house, with great beauty and being the daughter of a duke, I assume she has always had to deal with those kinds of flies.

I even think it's not lip service and she really hates those guys. However, I'm not going to change my ways for something as ridiculous as that.

First of all, I'm not one of those flies, and secondly, that's your problem, not mine.

"Well, if we're going to work together to change your father's mind, you're going to have to get used to the way I am"

I told her with a mocking tone, being honest, if she wanted my cooperation, she should at least be more cordial and not just impose her opinions, or else I'll take my things and leave.

Although I think so, the girl hardened her expression in disgust at my words, but when she was about to say something, the window between the passenger seat and the driver's seat rang.

"Young lady, we have arrived at your destination"

Said the driver from the other side without lowering the window.

That interruption was enough for Verónica not to give me an answer to what I had previously told her and instead her expression returned to normal before giving me a look.

“It was enough for now, I will send you messages to your mobile about the details of how we will start working, make sure you stay tuned”

She was already determined to leave, but before she moved.

"One moment"

She turned her gaze to me curious as to what I had to say.

"How is Maria?"

I asked with a rather serious expression, which caused Veronica to frown and she thought for several seconds about what she was going to answer.

"She is fine, but I advise you not to get involved with her again, she is very well for someone as troublesome as you to enter her life"

After that he didn't say anything else, I didn't expect an answer from me when he said a few words to his driver and got out of the vehicle.

Well... Maybe she's right in his words.

In any case, what I can do at the moment is little or nothing.

While I was thinking, I could glimpse from the car the school that only the ladies of the noble houses could attend, and of course, where Veronica took basic education. Observing more closely, I can see how a group of girls surrounded her.

So that was having a group of followers huh?

It looks kind of annoying, I can't imagine being surrounded by people wherever I go.

The driver's window rolled down and he proceeded to ask me

"Excuse me, young man, what is your current destination?"

My current destination… What should I do?

I took a few seconds to think, but after nodding to myself.

"Take me to the guild please"

Clearing out a dungeon alone was something I had to do, both because it was on my to-do list and the fact that I could make money from it.

If all goes well, I'll spend it all on video games, subscriptions, and crap, so I can spend the rest of my week quietly in the apartment until my first day at Red Division.

15 minutes passed after the car started, still trying to analyze my interaction with Veronica.

If the conversation was going to be so short and then he would plan all of it and then notify me by message.

What was the need to see each other in person?

Wouldn't it have been better to have that conversation over text from the beginning?

Maybe he was just testing me...

Whatever it is, it doesn't matter, I had already arrived at the guild, I went to enter the facilities but not before thanking the driver who had brought me.

Well, here we are, time to get down to business.

6