Chapter 1: The World Without Haruki
2k 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Note: From here on out the POV will be from Kaede unless stated otherwise

 

I took a day off from school to settle my emotions in order. I did nothing but lay in bed the whole day. Before I knew it, it was time for me to go to school. I found myself unconciously walking to Haruki's house. It has been a habit for a long while now so I didn't realize until I was outside his house. This made me tear up. He's no longer with us anymore. I left and walked to the train station. There I met with Yume-chan and Yuri-senpai. 

They look miserable. Well, I probably look the same as well. We just stood inside the train silently and waited till we arrive to our destination. I wanted to cheer up Yume-chan, I thought about doing the usual and grope her boobs but I'm sensible enough to know that it wasn't appropriate during this time. We safely arrived and walked a little further and arrived at school.

I went inside my classroom and sat on my desk.Homeroom didn't start yet so my classmates are still chatting with each other. Since it wasn't that long ago the main topic was obviously regarding what happened to Haruki.

"Man I didn't expect him out of all people would kill himself like that" said on my male classmate

"For real, a cheerful guy like suddenly offing himself is kinda suspicious." said the other

"Hey Kaede, you're close to him right? Do you know why?" said my seatmate

"I don't know." I listlessly reply

"Hmm. Well tell me if you know anything okay?"

I checked Akane's desk and it was empty. Guess she's too depressed to go to school because of what happened to Haruki. Given how she was so in love with him it's only natural, unlike me that gave up on my love long ago. Still, we haven't really talked lately so I really need to know what she's thinking. I'm supposed to be her best friend but the way it is right now is kinda cold. With that homeroom started.

I decided to meet up with Sachie during the break. I'm curious why she thinks it was her fault that Haruki died. I remembered how angry I was when I heard her say that on the day that it happened. I swung by her classroom only to find out she wasn't present. She's in the same class as Haruki and Udo. Udo wasn't here as well, but according to his classmates he was during homeroom. I then spotted Haruki's desk. His desk has his picture frame on it along with a vase of flowers. My heart tightened. I sighed and went on my way.

The day went by normally and I found myself practicing with my fellow clubmates at the gym after school. I really don't want to go given how depressed I am right now but I forced myself because I think Haruki doesn't wanna see me this way. After practice I went my own way home but noticed that I forgot my change of clothes.

I passed by the gym equipment shed but noticed that there's some light sobbing coming from inside. Curiously I checked inside only to be shocked on what I witnessed. It was Yume-chan crying, buck naked with a lot shredded duct tape on the ground. She's covered by a white liquid all over her body, specially in her groin which was practically dripping.

"K-Kaede-paisen"

"Yume-chan! W-what happened!? Who did this to you!?"

She was raped. How cruel, Haruki just died and now this happened to Yume-chan.

"H-hic. I-It was ....U-Udo-paisen"

"HUH!?"

Now that's a name I least expected to hear. Udo!? That gentle giant!? Bastard, has he gone crazy after the death of his best friend!?

I'm seeing red. I have to calm down for Yume-chan's sake.

"Let's contact the police and your parents okay Yume-chan? You're gonna be alright"

I borrowed Yume-chan's phone and dialled her parents, and later the police. I resolved myself on what's gonna happen in the next few days.

 

 

 

 

 

10