Chapter 4: Request
81 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Ming Jin opened the kitchen door; multiple workers gave him looks one of the workers walked up to him she had brown hair and had bear ears from the owner’s memory her name was Lui Ping, she with an arrogant attitude. “Ming Jin what are you doing in the kitchen?” she asked.

 

“Nothing important really, I just came here to make some food I am quite hungry.” Ming Jin tilted his head innocently. Lui Ping winced at Ming Jin’s tone she thought it was sickening.

 

“Ming Jin, I don’t know what has gotten into you to think that you could make your own food however I’d like you to be my guest, the kitchen is all yours.” Lui Ping rolled her eyes and called in a chef to move from his station.

 

“Your so kind Miss Lui Ping, your so kind.” Ming Jin walked towards the cooking station and picked up the knife near him. Ming Jin inspected it and sharpened the edges. Although Ming Jin didn’t know all the different plants and herbs, he knew as long as it was in the kitchen it was at least safe for him of course he wasn’t too optimistic, he did smell and look at them first.

 

After some time, Ming Jin got all the spices and herbs which smelled and at least looked familiar he just wanted to make some pasta with meat stew. Ming Jin cut the vegetables in neat slices, the staff within the kitchen were stunned by his handy work. If an assassin couldn’t do basic things, should they really be called an assassin, Ming Jin took out a pot a placed in boiling water adding in the pasta. He also took out a pan and poured oil in first frying the vegetables, he spiced the meat while it fried and placed the meat in the pan he made sauce and added with vegetables and meat.

 

Lui Ping looked at Ming Jin with a disgusted look, everything Ming Jin did was professional from cutting to frying it was a sight to behold. After sometime Ming Jin was done making his food he slowly picked up the pasta and placed it in a bowl and pour the meat stew on top of it. The food in the bowl a distinct delicious smell causing the others in the room to become hungry even some drooling, it looked appetizing.

 

Ming Jin took chop sticks and inserted it in the bowl and left the kitchen and walked back to his room. He ate his lunch it definitely had a different taste from the pasta meat stew on earth, he could say it was better. The it had a random sweet taste it wasn’t too distinct, but it was there, the meat was juicier than he had expected but it was not too bland he enjoyed his hard-earned meal.

 

‘Mmm~, this is delicious I knew I was amazing but wow’ Ming Jin slurped the last piece of food before placing it on the table. Ming Jin took of his clothes and washed up, he wore sleeping garments and went into a light sleep till the next day.

 

Ming Jin woke up early in the morning right before the sun had rouse. Ming Jin wanted to go back to school in at least 2 to 3 weeks, he knew that he didn’t have the least bit of an understand of the basics such as maths, history etc of this world, he was thankful that the owner was a book worm else he would be completely lost, and learning new material was tiring. Ming Jin knew that he couldn’t only rely on the owner’s memories, so he went to the library he found in the mansion, he stumbled by it by accident when he was looking for the kitchen.

Ming Jin opened the library door; the place was modestly large not to cramped and not spacious there were bookshelves surrounding the walls and a few shelves in the middle of the room. The shelves were labelled so it was easy for to find some books. After his book spree he took them to his room to read, some maids and butlers so this, most of them just scoff and didn’t pay attention to him since the owner always use to come here to find something to read.

 

There many things that Ming Jin was thankful for and that was the owner’s memories it helped him understand each word although there were somethings he couldn’t understand after a while he came back with a full understanding. There some things Ming Jin didn’t know such as the history and biology of this world, the original owner didn’t really care to much about the worlds history and biology he had his own preferences in books. Ming Jin thought the owner was a bit too picky with his knowledge.

 

As he was looking, he found something which piqued his interest it was about beast men Ming Jin always wondered why some beast had humanoid forms and others didn’t, the reason was the number of spiritual powers they had and if they didn’t have enough, they would stay in the juvenile state and it was also the species for example some boars don’t have much of a conscious although there is a possibility for them to have a humanoid form it is pretty low. As well as spiritual beasts most they could be classified as a different species.

 

Ming Jin enjoyed reading some of the books because they were interesting however some of them were boring, but he had to read them for knowledge’s sake, time passed Ming Jin went from the library to the kitchen at this point the kitchen didn’t pay mind to him and some even became quite fond of him. The Kitchen staff would chat with him from time to time and Ming would also help when he felt like it. Lui Ping started to tolerate Ming Jin even though she still didn’t like him, his cooking skills were incredible, and he did help the staff, so she didn’t bother him.  

 

A week had passed, Ming Jin decided to go back to school since he was getting a little bored of staying at the mansion, Ming Jin went back to the Duke Harald’s office. He opened the door and found that his stepmother was there, Ming Jin gave her a sarcastic smile and walked to the couch opposite of Duchess Yao.

 

“Hello father and step-mother” Ming Jin greeted them with a sugar-coated tone. Duke Harald and Duchess Yao looked at Ming Jin, “Ming Jin what is it that you want?” she asked Ming Jin kept smiling “Nothing really I just came here to tell you I want to go back to school I’m getting quite bored of staying here, I can’t be cooped up in this place forever else I would go crazy.” Ming Jin was a straightforward person and went to the main point.

 

Duke Harald just sighed “Fine if that all you want, I’ll contact your school that you’re coming back since its almost the end of the school holidays you will have to go back on Monday.” Duke Harald placed his hand on his forehead, he was quite tired of Ming Jin and Duchess Yao stared at with an arrogant eye. Ming Jin smile grew wider he said thank you and left, he walked to his room and continued reading a novel he was reading.

 


Thank you for reading. If there are any mistakes please tell Author §(* ̄▽ ̄*)§

 

2