Chapter 13 – Zero, Eve
272 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Atsuku had no time to bring the thug to the Tokyo Tower.

The time had been ticking down considerably, and the countdown had reached the last 20 seconds as Atsuku was done killing two thugs in the alleyway.

‘I can only bring it here. If it remembers my soul and Arcane, then it will come to me willingly.’

That was why he stood in the middle of the street, ignoring the still panicked people around. Some of them tried to rob banks and apartments, using the situation as a cover to commit crimes, while a lot of people hid in the shelter.

In the Minato ward, people hid in the station or big hall, curling each other to give a sense of safety.

But that would change shortly. Those people out in the street would run away shortly.

“H-Hey. W-What should I do, Y-young boss?”

Somehow, the thug called Atsuku a young boss. It was strange, coming from the person that he had threatened earlier. It only licked Atsuku’s legs, hoping he would spare him.

Atsuku looked over his shoulder at the skinny thug. His long hair was messy, and a foul stench was coming from his body.

‘Did he not take a bath for a few days?’ Atsuku thought.

“Sit here.” Atsuku pointed at the ground in front of him. “And don’t do anything.”

“H-Huh?”

“Right now.” Atsuku pressed him with his cold gaze, and the thug shuddered.

A small-time thug like him wouldn’t be able to defy Atsuku’s words. He was a seasoned one from Fantasia to boot.

The thug’s body moved almost automatically under the fear. He bent his knee and sat in front of Atsuku, looking at him with a trembling gaze.

Seeing the thug’s obedient behavior, Atsuku nodded, satisfied, “Good.”

He raised his head, looking at the countdown. It was already 00:00:03, and the first trial was almost over.

‘It’s almost time.’

Puffing a smoke from his mouth, he spat out the short cigarette and moved his Arcane inside his body, dragging it outside to make his target recognize him.

In Fantasia, there were three special Devils.

The first was Iblis, the worst Devil that assimilated with John in Fantasia and, by extension, Atsuku on Earth.

The second was Adam’s Devil. And the last one was this Devil, whom Atsuku tried to eliminate.

This Devil was special because it could take over a person’s body instead of assimilating with them. It was by no means strong at first, but it wreaked havoc in Fantasia and destroyed a few countries.

For that reason, Atsuku wanted to kill it first before it messed with Earth.

When the countdown hit 0, the crack in the sky began to close, starting from the smaller one to the bigger one. The people on the street looked at the sky in wonder. They didn’t know why the crack in the sky fixed itself slowly, like rewinding a time.

At that moment, Atsuku flared his Arcane, creating a yellow layer of aura around his body. It was even visible to the thug.

“H-Hie! W-W-What are you?!” The thug shrieked and tried to move, but Atsuku pressed his knee with his feet.

“Don’t move,” Atsuku warned.

He needed to concentrate on getting the Devil’s attention. And when the crack was about to fully close, it appeared.

The shadows on the ground began to fly to the sky at one point, right above the Tokyo Tower. Those shadows belonged to small ones with no horns or one horn. They created a big sphere above the tower, and it kept increasing in size as some small Devils in the area got sucked in.

“Whaaa?!”

“W-What is that?!”

“Run! Run away from the Tokyo Tower!”

The people on the street who robbed banks and stores ran away in panic after seeing the unknown.

But Atsuku stayed in that place, grinning excitedly.

“H-Hey, Young boss?! W-What is that? Do you know something?” The thug asked with a cracked voice. He was scared shitless. His pants were wet because he was leaking.

“Just shut up.” Atsuku simply said so.

He didn’t look at the big shadow that made a big sphere, which was now around 30 meters in diameter, but he looked at a Devil that sat on the top of the Tokyo Tower. It was visible thanks to his enhanced senses after his assimilation.

It was hard to see because it was night, and he was far away, but he felt that Devil was looking back at him. Its body was more defined and looked more like a sexy woman than Asmodeus.

Extending his hand toward the Tokyo Tower, he made an inviting gesture as he said, “Come. You remember me, right?”

Atsuku managed to get its attention, so he pulled his Arcane back, erasing the yellow aura around his body.

The Devil stood up, extending its hand toward the large sphere. Then, the large sphere moved toward the Devil for some reason. Atsuku allowed that because those Devils were actually part of that humanoid Devil. He needed it to be complete if he wanted to erase it fully from this world.

So he waited.

“Y-Young boss, why did you provoke it?!” The thug yelled at Atsuku. “Look! The big sphere is shrinking down!”

The thug couldn’t see what had actually happened. The truth was that the Devil on top of Tokyo Tower absorbed the sphere with its hand and slowly became bigger. The big sphere was fully engulfed in just a few seconds, and the Devil created a pair of shadowy wings behind its back.

It now stood around 3 meters tall, and the wing easily spanned over 5 meters, so almost everyone could see it.

“What is that?” The thug asked. “Young boss, did you just provoke that- that thing?! It flies toward this direction! Young boss!” He yelled, tried to stand up and ran away as Atsuku ignored him. 

But Atsuku didn’t let him. He was a useful piece. So he shot his leg, making him tumble to the ground.

Bam!

“Aarrrgh! Y-You! You said you would spare me! I even called you young boss, you bastard! You just wanted to kill me from the start!” The thug screamed loudly as he held his leg. He tried to crawl away, but it was useless.

The skinny thug only managed to get 5 meters away before…

Bam!

“AAAAARHHH!”

Atsuku shot him once more.

“Stay put. I told you to sit down.” Atsuku replied coldly. His attention was still on the Devil, and it flew at a fast speed toward him.

Putting his gun back into the holster, he then opened his space storage and took out a sword. This sword looked like a normal sword, but there was a rune written on its blade. It was a Sharpness rune, making the sword sharper than usual.

The rune glowed a faint blue light as Atsuku inserted Arcane into the blade.

‘Low-grade Magic sword. It should be enough to deal with that thing.’

In a few seconds, the Devil reached them. It landed in front of the thug. Unlike Iblis, this one couldn’t talk and only had 10 horns. It had a lot of horns, and maybe this Devil was the third strongest after Iblis and Adam’s Devil.

It looked at the thug with interest before it turned to Atsuku. The thug had long since lost consciousness, unable to stand the Devil’s presence.

Atsuku swung his blade to the side and greeted the Devil.

“We meet again, Eve. Now, enter that body, and let’s have a little talk, shall we?”

7