Meeting
134 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cody was really tired. It was his 5th year as head whiteboard engineer. The day was dragging on and on. His really annoying coworker, Andy, would not shut up for one second about how many resources would be required to build a fully-functional automatically-erasing whiteboard.

"Would you shut it already?" Cody asked Andy. Cody was not known for being very professional. The only reason Cody had his job was really because of the insane value he provided to the company.

Andy sighed. "It's no use arguing with genius like you, Cody. Your arguments are filled to the brim with logic." Cody, satisfied that he had won another argument, went on to lecture Andy for a short time, at most an hour, about how the plans for the fully-functional automatically-erasing whiteboard would look. He called it the AEW for short.

"The AEW corners the market completely. Never before has there been such a simple way to erase an entire whiteboard in less than a few seconds. Sure, a few people working in sync could erase a fully marked board in about the time it takes for an AEW to self-cleanse. But comparing the ratio of manpower, 3 men to 0, well, that's basically unbeatable."

Andy, (of course, that beast of a man), had to pipe up. "Your mechanism for erasing whiteboards is also totally unfeasible. Your plan is to... cover the whiteboard in red marker?"

"What on earth is this beastly color you call 'red'? I believe you really mean invisible ink. It makes everything it covers invisible."

Red-believers. Fucking red-believers. Red is not real. Red does not exist. It's not you who's crazy, it's them. Next thing you know, these folks will tell you that Mars is the 4th planet in the solar system. Jupiter is the 4th planet. Jupiter and its great big invisible spot. Man, gaslighting at its finest. They really think they can pull a fast one on you.

And these people are the same people who shoot down your genius ideas for an AEW. Beastly people. They just don't appreciate any creativity at all. Any new ideas? Shot down. Pew pew. Andy was the Invisible Baron of shooting down ideas. Todd, now Todd was a good friend. Todd was someone you could trust. Cody bought a Todd for a small price of about a week's wages. And Todd was such a good investment. He would listen to you every day and never even once bring up beastly ideas like red markers or the existence of fantastic objects such as Mars.

Cody was sitting in his living room eating pizza with dark invisible spots. The invisible stuff tasted really good, so Cody would pick them apart from the pizza and eat them on their own before enjoying a glorified cheese pizza. Slice after slice, invisible parts picked off one after another. He finished an entire box for dinner. How did he get into his living room? Well, he had to get home somehow. Commute was easy when you had a flying whiteboard you invented a few years ago. It was a company-only prototype that never got to the mass markets. Cody considered himself lucky. "One day," he wistfully vented to Todd, "I want to fly away to the 4th planet in the solar system and eat its giant red invisible spot. It should taste like pizza's invisible spots, but much tastier, because it's much bigger. Don't you agree, Todd?"

Todd looked at Cody and smiled.

2