Vacation
49 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everything was going according to plan. Prototypes of the AEW were being printed every hour. The product was almost ready to ship. "Ideally, it should do just as well as my genius programmable whiteboard idea," Cody thought to himself. It took 4 years for Cody to develop the programmable whiteboard, but only 1 year to develop the AEW. Obviously, a programmable whiteboard was much more sophisticated technology, requiring the top-of-the-line computer chips, compared to a much more basic AEW, which simply needed invisible marker jets. Of course, Cody being Cody, he made the flying whiteboard off the clock.

However, the stress was getting to Cody again. It was just like his first year, he felt. Not to mention the costs to repair the company window. It'd taken weeks to repair that thing. The folks at the top were considering firing Cody for his property damage, but he was so essential to the bottom line that they had to endure his unprofessionalism.

Replacing the ink-bags on his flying whiteboard cost a lot too. So much so that Cody was seriously in need of a vacation.

"Todd," Cody vented, "I need a vacation. Where should I go? I need to go somewhere inexpensive, that's for sure. The flying whiteboard fuel prices these days are remarkably high too."

Todd help up a piece of pizza Cody was eating and pointed to its dark invisible spots.

Cody thought about it, but declined. "Todd, I just told you, I can't take my flying whiteboard too far. I'd love to visit the 4th planet in the solar system, but it's over 5 astronomical units away from Earth at the moment. The cost would be... astronomical." Cody chuckled to himself after making that joke. It is said that geniuses tend to have an amazing sense of humor.

Todd frowned. But then, he smiled and excitedly pointed towards himself.

Cody, being a genius, knew exactly what Todd was thinking. "That's it! I can ride YOU to the 4th planet, Todd!" Cody started jumping up and down with excitement. "Unlike whiteboards, humans can be ridden without the need for any sort of fuel! Except food, but I'm sure we can pack enough for the journey. Maybe an entire bucket of green paint, but it shouldn't be too much trouble."

After buying a few more buckets of green paint from Cerealosis, Cody and Todd were ready for the journey of their lifetime. "It was a good thing that I've been saving up vacation days, Todd!" Cody said as he and Todd were about ready to depart from the roof of their home. Todd got on all fours and started his engines. Cody mounted him and fed him a bit more green paint for good luck.

FOOMP!

They were off and away, flying through the sky. Cody could see everyone on the ground, but they looked even smaller than usual, as compared to when he was at normal flying height on his flying whiteboard. Cody was more excited than a child with a bucket of granny-smith-apple-flavored sour candy. His dream was finally coming true. He was really going to visit the 4th planet of the solar system. Meanwhile, Todd was carefully configuring his navigation system to guide the two directly into the center of the 4th planet. His navigation system was top-of-the-line technology that would never fail. Surely, it would bring the two to Jupiter, the 4th planet.

The two exited Earth's atmosphere. Thankfully, they both could simply breathe whiteboard marker ink, a well-known oxygen substitute. Cody had invented the marker breathing mask, or MBM for short, a few years ago, but rarely ever used it. "Todd, I'm so glad I can finally break out the MBM's again."

Todd inhaled another breath of ink from his MBM and smiled.

1