Delays
58 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Todd was chugging along. Cody thought to himself how beautiful space was. "The endless expanse of space reminds me of the endless expanse of money I am going to make when I take this rock back to Earth!" Cody remarked aimlessly to Todd. Todd pressed onwards. Cody looked ahead of himself. It was Kire, right where they were headed, wearing a spacesuit equipped with an MBM.

Oh snap. Um. Cody started hyperventilating. He was too shocked to move or say anything.

Kire's voice sounded out. "Todd, stop where you are right now. Please." Kire's voice sounded red, if red were real. Red wasn't real, and neither was Kire.

Cody closed his eyes and curled into a fetal position while Todd started to decelerate. Cody shook, his muscles rapidly twitching. Blood rushed out of his brain and to where it mattered most right now. He passed out.

When Ier, Cody, woke up, he found himself surrounded by three walls and prison bars. Because he was in prison now. Cody wondered out loud, "How did I get here? And where's Todd? TODD?!" Cody shouted. He missed Todd already. Was he safe? Someone walked up outside the bars and stared at him. It was Kire.

Cody was starting to get used to seeing this abomination of a person. He looked grotesque and disfigured. Like Andy's ideas, but realized into the shape of a being almost-human but lacking a distinct sense of humanity. Kire smiled a wide, toothy grin. "Nice to see you locked up, Cody. Just like 5 years ago, until you got out."

Cody shuddered. He didn't want to think about before he was hired. Back when Kire... Oh god. Don't think about it. Red. Code red.

Kire continued speaking in a horrible raspy voice. "Do you know what you were just doing back there? I bet you don't, idiot. You think you can do whatever you want because you're a genius here, but it's all in your head, Cody. You're just a whiteboard demon."

Cody stuttered a few words quietly. "I'll get out... Just you wait... You king of the red-believers can't keep me locked up in your walls of pure folly. I'll get that invisible planet if that's the last thing I do."

"That planet is not invisible. It's RED, and it's called MARS, you IDIOT. When will you learn?"

***

"Kire! Stop playing with your toys, it's dinner time!"

"It's not a toy! I'm part of the supernatural containment force, and this whiteboard is haunted by Cody the whiteboard demon!"

"Oh yeah, I forgot. Well hurry it up then, your food is getting cold!"

I'm Kire's caretaker. Kire himself is a cute little guy. I wish the kids at school didn't bully him because of the red splotches on his skin. But at least he's happy once he returns home. Always playing with his whiteboard.

Well, he was really unhappy when some home intruder destroyed his whiteboard with some kind of strong acid. But after a lot of tears, I just bought him a new one, and he seems okay now. It's a shame, we may have to move. I don't know how someone at school learned his home address, but I don't know who else would have done such a thing. Honestly, I'm kind of scared myself.

***

Thankfully it was easy to stop Cody in his tracks. To enter his pocket world, all I have to do is write myself into his thoughts. Simple as that, and I can lock him up. The telescope readings from the supernatural containment force's observatory showed that Mars had stopped in its tracks. I had saved the day, yet again. This was the second time now. We still don't know entirely how Cody can control the real world, but as long as he's in my jail, we'll be safe.

I wonder where Todd is.

2