Chapter FOURTY SIX
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arry's anxiety seemed to heighten another notch as she met the wizard's gaze. Mia knew that her friend really liked the rebel and that his betrayal must have been extremely difficult to swallow. In this situation, the redhead simply did not know how to react to his presence, but the blonde and the fairy could see that she was resisting the urge to seek comfort from the wizard who was struggling just as much as she not to clearly show affection. It was obvious seeing his gaze resting on the upset features of the female magician that he was sincere when he confessed to having loved the young woman.

"How many are they?" Solomon questioned, still unfazed by the situation.

"I don't know, but it doesn't matter," she explained, averting her gaze to look at the pair of soul mates. "The main couple came, as planned."

Both Mia and her friends were glued to their seats. With Impervia, they definitely had no chance of making it out alive if they didn't receive help. And it better get there quickly, because something told her that Ethan's mother wasn't one to make long speeches before getting to the point. And the Vila shared this opinion since he had already begun his transformation.

"Come on, is that how you welcome your dear mother?" Impervia sneered, watching her son's eyes darken and his fingernails turn into long claws.

"You killed one of your sons, you want to kill the second one, and you think you can call yourself a 'mother'? You're not my mother, you're just a freak," Ethan spat with all the hate he was capable of.

The couple now knew that Adam was alive, but it was not up to the youngest to tell their mother that she had failed. They knew very well that Impervia would hunt all four of them down relentlessly. There was no need to add his brother into the equation, especially when they had a child to protect now. Even if she had no idea of ​​his existence, the fact that somewhere their line continued through human blood was already a defeat for their mother.

"Someone has to do the dirty work," she commented coldly. "Adam, then now you... My own blood taunts me and curses my lineage, I can't just close my eyes."

I could almost hear her say that she can always do a third one, Mia thought sarcastically. It's really lame.

No one had exaggerated in portraying her as a detestable woman. Even leaving out her completely alienated ideology, she had a haughty air that was hard to appreciate. A gleam of pure madness danced in her eyes, of those who do horrible things, but who are convinced that they are right and that they are acting legitimately for a just cause.

"But since you're still my son despite everything, I'm giving you a chance to fight back," she declared with an unhealthy smile. "It will be your only chance to survive, you and your soul mate. Do not hold yourself back."

A guttural growl escaped Ethan's lips in response to his mother's threat. He stood up, claws out, his transformation taking another step as his human teeth were replaced by hundreds of sharp needles and his complexion gradually turned purple. He hadn't taken out his wings, the restricted space inside the castle not allowing him to wear them without being horribly inconvenient.

His mother had semi-metamorphosed, obviously not judging that her son deserved a complete transformation. It was hard to tell if it was pure arrogance or if she wanted to give Ethan a chance.

As Andrei half-crawled to join the sofa and the young women, Ethan leaped from the cabinet, using the coffee table to propel himself onto his mother and immediately attempt to stab her heart. She stopped him in his tracks, her right hand grabbing the one he propelled forward to reach his chest, and her left hand grabbing his neck to pin him immediately to the floor. A gasp of pain rose through the air as his back met the cold surface of the gray stone.

"If you think you can defeat me by charging stupidly, you really have no chance of winning," she scoffed, shaking her head in disapproval.

Enraged, Ethan dug his claws into his mother's arm, making her release her grip so he could get up before she charged as well. Solomon was still in his chair, his eyes intent on the fight unfolding ten feet away from him, an amused look on his face. Quite the opposite of Mia who was starting to seriously panic when she saw the woman clearly dominating the confrontation.

"When will they arrive?" she whispered to Andrei, distraught. "She is going to kill him! We should do something!"

"We're all dead if Solomon decides to participate in the fight," Andrei admitted helplessly. "He won't let us interfere. Ethan has to hold on to buy us some time."

Mia knew he was right, but she just couldn't sit still watching her soulmate get slaughtered. And yet, she knew she couldn't do anything against the mountain of muscle that paid them no heed. He wasn't the least bit worried that the group might turn against him. Maybe it was her chance to use her gun and punch a hole in his skull.

Just because he's not staring at us doesn't mean he wouldn't have time to dodge or snatch the gun out of my hands, she concluded. I don't think I can aim and shoot fast enough to maintain the surprise.

The wizard beside him seemed to have the same thoughts. Lily wasn't a fighter and didn't claim to be able to save them, and Arry was just as terrified and defeated as the blonde, especially when Oz wasn't there to help her fight.

Abruptly, Solomon frowned and stood to pass Ethan and his mother who didn't even glance in his direction. All the attention of the two Vilas was focused on trying to kill or defend each other. The warrior simply outmatched them since they had deviated from the entrance to the hallway and were now fighting in a corner of the break room, and strode towards the lighted aisle drawing his two sickles.

"More intruders," he complained, stopping in the middle of the hallway. "A real pleasure to meet you again, Vassili. My regards to your wife!"

0