Short Chapter 1: Recalled to Life
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Short Chapter 1: Recalled to Life

Within a few days of his arrival, the savior became the talk of the town. A naked youth from distant lands, where the ancient tongues were still spoken— that was how the rumours went. As much as the rumours circulated though, the young man was seldom seen. There he remained, in the dimly lit corners of some secluded room, pouring over the many books of history that were made available to him, all the while sipping on orchid teas and madeleine. His benefactor, the elderly lady named Gwendolyn, gave no response to his eccentricities, instead choosing to house and comfort him as one does to a good guest.

Lepto the Devourer thus......

A little more of the sipping sounds emanated from the refined face.

The One who became the Devil then.....

A little more sound. And then the plop of a closed book, amidst a pile of multiple others. He had studied all there was to be studied.

The Battle of Kyrenthia. Lepto the Devourer, a folk tale for some, a mystery for the others. Me. Brought back to life. Recalled, to life. But why? And how...

Thus the savior, whose name surprised all the mothers of Faraseith (for who would bestow such a foul name upon their own son), pondered over the many histories that went by when he was in Hades. Questions upon questions upon questions. Rarely any answers, for any of them. Confusion, yes. Even the slight shadow of madness, but that maybe the delight of rum upon the old soul. For the most part though, there was only silence. So much lost, so much. But none knows the truth. None at all......
...........

A few days went by in this manner, when he parted ways with the lady. The gratuitous lady didn't bide him farewell with empty hands either, but instead granted him a sack of currency as a parting gift. A lost soul he was, to the old lady, and to the rest of Faraseith, who had come from far away, from a place where the real Lepto never set his foot. A lie, it was, and a grand lie indeed, but also the truth, for he was Lepto before the legend was born, before the Devourer of Empires came to be.

0