Update about… well everything!
527 29 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello everyone. I brought a small update. I'm not dead yet! Yay! Actually, I've been feeling better the last few weeks, even though I was sick a little less than a month ago. Fortunately it wasn't too bad. All this time off from writing has helped me think about what I should do.

I've come to the conclusion that it's definitely better to start over with ROTDM. I realized that no matter how hard I tried to fix some things (The system was my worst headache), it was getting harder and harder to fit that concept in my head and then put it into words. So I've been thinking that it's better to start over and take back those things I couldn't work with. At least until I understand how to do them right, maybe in some other story.

Again, the story of Reilanis and her family will be completely restarted. The story itself will stay mostly the same, maybe changing certain things that didn't look right, redundancies and mistakes, but it will be without the concept of the system, status, lvl, any of that. It will no longer be branded as a litrpg, but a different one, although I don't know how to describe it... 

Anyway, the other news! Thanks to what has happened with this, my mind has wandered to many things and, I know it sounds silly to say this after mentioning the situation with that first story, but I have at least 5 more ideas for other stories I would like to write in the future. Although I have only written some concrete ideas about 2 of these ideas. Being only the 1st and the 5th one

1°: "Wild Life" a story where all the schools in a city are sent to an "empty" world where their bodies are merged with animals, now being basically semi-humans from different species; and left to survive, with all the problems that entails. (My idea is to keep it short, with a maximum of maybe 50 chapters. If I can include something more, great, but I have almost all the ideas I would like to include in it written down in a document, that includes the ending as well. That's why I feel it's a short story)

2°: "Divided soul" a boy who has been enslaved and tortured by a corrupt politician for his amusement, by a twist of fate manages to take his revenge against him, dying along with him, but! Maybe that wasn't the best idea, after a goddess intervenes and makes him go through one of the worst hells. Even worse than what he has already experienced. (From this one I have the main concept, some things I've always wanted to see in a novel and others that I've already managed to see in some stories I read, but that I want to apply in a different way. Nothing is written about this one, and it hasn't gone beyond some ideas I keep in my head.)

3°: "A galaxy for 2" A space mercenary who lived his life to the fullest, traveling around different planets, He finds an alien girl who snuck into his ship like a rat. The young mercenary decides to adopt her and now he has to face life as a father... a space mercenary father (lol). (This is, in short, an idea that came to me out of the blue. I've always loved space operas, and if you combine that with my love for the relationships between characters like Joel and Ellie from the last of us, then it's a recipe for success... at least for my tastes. It's still a fresh idea, as I don't know what to do beyond the beginning. I have no idea where this story would go, but it's one I'd like to try to write someday)

4°: "An unexpected life with a girl from another world" Reverse Isekai (something I don't see very often), a very young dragon girl falls in a forest where she is found by a woman who, after many problems, decides to rescue her. Having to deal with the barriers of language, culture, species and common sense. Two complete worlds that collide by chance, or perhaps by a trick of an all powerful being? (This is perhaps one of my oldest ideas. It started quite a few years ago, when I first saw the character concepts and vignettes that @Hushabye_Valley did. Now they turned those characters into a webtoon called Ada. Those ideas resurfaced recently when I started thinking about the relationship between Reilanis and Miriam. I thought, what would have happened if they had met in this world? What would their interactions be like if Reilanis was an ordinary person here? That's where I got the idea. But other than that I have nothing. Just a faint image of what they would be like)

5°: "A life of change" This was the story with which I was originally going to start my... dream of writing a web novel. Before Reilanis got into my head and completely messed everything up (I love her <3) A boy, after raising his little sister, taking her away from her horrible mother, is murdered by her mother with a knife. Now, in front of an absolutely beautiful goddess, he is proposed a deal where he must help her save her universe that is being torn apart. Our protagonist, now a little girl, must face various problems as she grows up, friendships, her family and her first true experiences with love will be the biggest problems she will have to face in her life... until she really has to face the task that was assigned to her. (This is, along with ROTDM, the only one for which I have several chapters written, with a conceptualized world, with its own common sense, languages, races, reigns and empires, magical system, etc. In short, this story is going to be published no matter what.)

Now, what do I want to do now? Well my idea is to mark this story as discontinued. Immediately afterwards, take my time to rewrite everything and polish it to deliver a better work. I don't know how long it will take, nor do I know if I'll wait to write the entire first arc before uploading it or go from chapter to chapter every few days. What I do know is that I won't start with it until maybe next year. There are many things I have to fix, ideas I have to change and things I have to learn. At the moment, my idea is to start soon with "A life of change", which from the beginning was going to be my first novel. I'm planning to upload it soon, but I don't know yet, since there are some goals I want to reach before I can do it.

Now, regarding the other ideas, I want to know what you think about that. I'll leave a poll below, where you can vote for the one you find most interesting, and maybe I'll end up writing it when I feel confident enough to carry more than one story at the same time. Although, my idea is that apart from "ROTDM" and "A life of change", the others will almost certainly be short, at the most 100 chapters. Maybe more, maybe less, but I don't want to do anything too convoluted with them.

For my part I would say that's it. It got longer than I expected, but I think I said everything I wanted to say. I promise you that very very soon I'll be returning with this new story and a remake of Reilanis and her family. So, to those who have been with me so far, thank you for your patience during these months. I will read them all very soon! Hasta la vista!

What story would you like me to write?
  • Wild Life Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Divided Soul Votes: 2 8.3%
  • A Galaxy For Two Votes: 2 8.3%
  • An unexpected life with a girl from another world Votes: 17 70.8%
Total voters: 24
5