Chapter 1: So many bodies….
202 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    "Here I am, stuck in my own mind, a very dark mind no less, but I must say I've never had the pleasure of drifting through my own unconscious head before… So many dead bodies.... I didn't realize how many people I killed in my world... Maybe dungeon would be a better word?

     Hummm, who could've known... I mean, who could have guessed I was just a demon in a dungeon right? Just me? Oh well, I sure was surprised.

     I mean, a whole world in a dungeon? Albeit a small world... everyone had their own thoughts, dreams and personalities."

     As the bodiless voice spoke to itself the surroundings changed from a land covered in bodies to a flashback of the past.

     [A hurt woman dressed in white standing over the body of a large and equally grotesque demon, surrounded by her fallen comrades. The woman and her party had just killed the demon lord of the dungeon world, so the dungeons exit portal opened, waiting for someone to walk through it.

     The woman in white stood up, with tears running down her face, and walked towards the gate. Her mission was finally complete, she'd avenged her fallen comrades and completed the mission... She was going home...

     At least that's what she thought before another demon appeared from the shadows and stabbed her in the chest. So much for going home~

     Then much to the demon's surprise, a system window opened in front of it, causing it to pause as it read the system window.

     Class SS Dungeon exit.

     The demon looked up, staring into the portal, then stepped inside.]

     When the flashback ended the surroundings faded back into a bloody sea of bodies.

     "I'm not sad that we were in a dungeon, or that we were living in a time loop, just a little surprised....

     "It's still hard to believe my world was sacrificed to become a dungeon, who was powerful enough and desperate enough to do that? It must have been the holy empire, the demons were winning the war and they were cornered... damn cheaters.

     I guess I can't be that mad though, if the world was able to become a dungeon then that means it was ending anyway..."

     The scene once again changed as another memory resurfaced, but this time it was from a bloody field of bodies to the image of a baby.

     [The baby had coal black eyes and a look too intelligent to fit its baby face.

     A man with frazzled hair walked into view and glared at the baby but still nodded his head.

     He spoke with a gravelly voice and slow tone.

     "I'll take this"

     The baby blinked oddly as the man and another continued to talk.

     He spoke in mumbles and incoherent sounds. He looked just as unstable as he sounded.

     Eventually he looked to another person and formulated an actual sentence.

     "Drop her off at the Hollow Pass. We'll take it from there." Then without another word, he leaves.

     Afterwards, the baby was clean then wrapped up in a coarse fabric then left alone in a dark carriage.

     It was a poorly made carriage. It was bumpy and the squeaking was distracting. The girl holding her had a dead look in her eyes and was staring into space.

     One could only see the sky outside the window but nothing else.

     It was many hours before the carriage came to a stop. The baby was handed to a clocked man that placed a white, it's head.

     The scene slowly changed into a baren, light gray room with several men in long white trench coats. They were talking with each other and one was holding a syringe with a murky liquid in it.

     "ESD ready for injection."

     "Subject 0632 ready for injection"

     The baby looked around in confusion and distress, as the Scientist took the syringe and stuck the needle into the baby's neck. ]

     The voice once again spoke up while the scene continued to play out.

     "Ouch.... I remember this part. It was painful, like acid in my vains. My entire body was assaulted by pain and sleepiness. The burning sensations in my body only got worse and it gave me tunnel vision.

    "It almost sounded like a snap? I lost my vision and felt an odd, numb tearing sensation

     through my body. It wasn't a pleasant experience, not the turning into a baby, or the things that fallowed...."

     The voice then sat in silence, it'd been here a while and the only thing it can do is search through its memories. It actually had a really anti-climactic life... just killing things, reading books, killing more things, looking through dungeons for more books, killing things....

     "I guess I have had a moderately interesting life... but everything felt so boring... nothing was really a danger to me. I may not have been the strongest, but no one even tried to fight me.

     Guess the consequences out-weigh the benefits?"

     The voice paused, realizing something.

     "I wonder how long it's been? I've been talking to myself for far too long. I want to do something or just move my body!"

     The only thing to do was drift, that is until they felt the 'flood gates' open up and the scenes stopped playing.

    It was like a glass jar was slowly turning to dust. The sound of distant talking became clearer and lights were becoming brighter.

11