(M) Chapter 6. Freak
126 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNrKoWG7Cj0

*TRIGGER WARNING: Self-infliction.

~Welcome to our freak show, come meet my monsters. Oh, such a fine collection of stranger things.~

With a kitchen knife, I poke the skin on my palm and watch the thick red blood drips down. It was a deep cut that even through my uncaring and angry dark eyes, the pain reflected. I have to find out the truth about that unfamiliar Klaus boy.

~My patience running thinner on this melting clock, Cerebrum jammed with thoughts most would consider odd.~

The dark room that I am in is only illuminated by a few candles surrounding me. A pentagram was drawn underneath where I stood. In an unintelligible language, I summon the one that must not be named as I drip the blood from my palm down to the ground.

~To think you're any different from an animal, a creature sick as you should be put down, But I can't help myself.~

The wound on my hand slowly heals itself but the blood remains. I feel a cold wind passes through me and I close my eyes trying to discern the presence in the room.

~ohh nana ohh nana oohh nana~

“You better have a good reason to summon me, pretty one,” a voice echoed in the room. It sounded gentle and calm with a hint of evil vibrated through it.

~Welcome to our freak show, come meet my monsters. Oh, such a fine collection of stranger things.~

When I open my eyes, I saw him standing in front of me. He is in a human form. I couldn’t remember his true form but I knew he was the scariest being I’ve ever met. There’s another man standing behind him. He looks indifferent to all that surrounds him.

~Please don't hide, Their imperfections nature, Took two tries, To make the man in white, no, I don't mind, You are a beauty, Not temptation, You're my creation~

I smile at him, feeling slightly threatened by his mere presence. A feeling I hated the most. Just like when I met that Klaus boy. I felt threatened and it troubles my very existence that I just have to find out the truth. “What do I call you in this form?” I politely asked.

He shoots a condescending look down on me. “William,” he simply said. He then gestures to the man behind him. “This is my companion, Trance,” he introduced.

~Freak on Friday night, Now I'm the main attraction, Basket acrobat, They wanna see some action, Tinkering with my design, Twist and turn my feral mind, Play with me 'til you've found another toy~

I nod at the boy slightly. He nods back with his face still looking indifferent. “William sir, I have to ask you something that had been bothering me. You see, I’m about to be reunited with the painting soon but there appears to be a threat. Some sort of an obstacle on my way,” I informed.

“Ask away,” William instructed.

“There’s a boy in the Klaus manor. I am not familiar with him. His name is Devon Klaus. It seems that my demonic ability doesn’t work on him,” I stated. “Is he what I think he is?” I asked.

He smiles at the question and shakes his head slowly. “No. He is not a demon, pretty one,” he simply indicated. “Not quite like you. You’re a special case.”

~Let me be your freak show, I could be your favorite monster, Rattle my whole cage, remind me why I can't be fostered, Let me be your freak show, I could be your favorite monster, Lock me up, don't let me out 'cause you know (I can't help myself)~

‘Then what is he?’ I wonder. William seems to grasp my confusion as I hear him sighs. “He made a deal with me,” he continues. “That boy has no soul. A person with no soul will not be affected by your demonic power,” he added.

“What did he trade his soul with?” I asked.

William smiles again. It is more sinister this time. “A wish,” he informed. “The rest, I can’t tell. You figure it out yourself. I’m very busy. I have no time for an interview,” he quickly added, avoiding any more questions.

~ohh nana ohh nana oohh nana~

I only nod my head at him in respect and defeat. He looks to the man behind him, plants a kiss on the man’s forehead and hugs him from the back before looking back at me with concern in his eyes. “Your time is almost up, pretty one. If you can’t find the painting in time, me and my friends in hell will have a grand feast made of your flesh,” he reminded me.

~Welcome to our freak show, come meet my monsters, Oh, such a fine collection of stranger things~

I only shiver in answer. I knew of that. Even without the reminder I knew that my time is almost up. “I understand,” I agreed. “I will not take anymore of your time,” I continued. With that being said, he disappears into the darkness.

~You're wasting, you're wasting all, Of your time finding the cure when there's no disease, You're wasting, you're wasting all, Of your talent on an audience who sees a freak~

In that last few seconds before he vanishes, I saw him licking the blood I offered him greedily and finally the man that was with him shows some sort of an expression; an evil smile. Once they were gone, the room temperature returns to normal.

The Klaus boy has no soul. Now I am more than curious to know what was his wish that made him traded his soul to the devil. And like me, is his time running out as well? Will he also be feasted upon in hell?

~Can't help myself, Welcome to our freak show, come meet my monsters, Oh, such a fine collection of stranger things~

I must find the painting. I just hope that the boy will not stand in my way. The painting is the ticket to my freedom from this curse. The birthday party is coming soon. I must be prepared for the evil that I will bring with me as a gift to the Klaus’ manor.

֍֍֍

NEXT UPDATE: 2022/11/22

LYRICS CREDITS: Sub Urban – Freak

 

3