Chapter 28. Eternal Love -End-
45 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adrian felt like his surroundings were crumbling on him. As the truth sunk into his consciousness, he looked at Devon in disbelief. “Do you remember now?” Devon asked with sadness that never left his eyes. “You! You’re the painting?!” Adrian started to panic as he found out the truth. Now, everything started to make sense. When he first visited the mansion, he could ‘feel’ the existence of the paintings. He also ‘felt’ it when he was brought to a dark unknown room by Devon. He didn’t know where that was but it didn’t matter now. The painting was the source of his demonic abilities. How come it had become a person in flesh and blood? Was Devon even a person at all? But he could still remember the warmth of Devon’s touch and the heat permeated when their naked bodies were entangled together. How could that all be lies? How could those sensations not be real?

“Yes, my love. You were blind so you couldn’t see me back then. It was me that you were talking to. I was the one who had always been by your side, Adrian,” Devon started to explain. But the more he tried to show Adrian how much he loved him, the more Adrian pulled himself away from him. He now saw the madness which started to display in Adrian’s eyes as he began to not be able to accept the truth even more. Adrian couldn’t accept that his one and only friend back then when the world was nothing but darkness and loneliness was fake. He was not real. It was all lies!!! “No! This is not happening! You are all lying!!!” Adrian started to yell. No way. This is not real, he told himself. He didn’t want to believe that this was real.

Devon kept on smiling sadly in response to Adrian’s breakdown. At this point, he had given up to convince Adrian of how much his love weighs. “The devil gave me a human vessel. He also helped to manipulate the minds of the Klaus family to think that I’m a part of their family when I never even existed,” he started to explain again. But there was no eagerness in his voice. He just wanted Adrian to know the truth. Whether he was willing to accept it or not, it no longer mattered. “I’m sorry, you won’t get your abilities back if you kill me. I can’t even be killed,” Devon then said self-deprecatingly. He then moved towards Adrian at the speed of light to grab Adrian by the neck. The action itself did not match his sad tone of voice and dejected expression.

He pulled Adrian into a hug from behind. One of his hands was still wrapped around Adrian’s neck but he didn’t assert any force. He was just not letting him go. Adrian struggled meaninglessly since he was not Devon’s match at all. There was no way for him to be free now. “No!!! Let me go! Let me go!!” Adrian kept on yelling. Devon placed his chin on one of Adrian’s shoulders like a lover would normally do to show his longingness for the man. There were tears sliding down from his eyes. Even if he was rejected, it didn’t matter anymore. “It’s time…” Devon warned and smiled sadly to himself with tears still streaming down on his face. He kissed one side of Adrian’s cheeks over and over obsessively. It hurt him that he had to do this but he really would not let Adrian go anymore. “We can be together now. Just the two of us. Forever,” Devon said. He would rather accept pain and misery for eternity than losing Adrian.

Adrian could feel the paint that was flowing out from Devon’s wound became alive like tentacles and began to creep up to his body. The touch was cold but also electrifying. He felt hopeless, sensing that he was about to be brought to ‘hell’. Despite him struggling and screaming in the background, he was ‘swallowed’ by the paint. He was ‘swallowed’ alive by Devon. Once both of their bodies are covered in paint of different colours, their bodies froze. The image then became distorted and in an excruciatingly slow motion, this image began to turn into a life-sized painting. It became a painting of two men. One man was embracing the other man from behind. They both were crying and their expressions were of despair but somehow, there was a slight smile of satisfaction on the face of the man behind the other man. It could be missed if one did not observe carefully. The man at the front had his eyes closed, he was crying bloody tears, looking like he was suffering eternal pain. Love is pain. And pain is love. The painting will become a symbol of eternal love because love will always be accompanied by pain. A pain that never ends.

THE END

֍֍֍

*Author’s Note: I’m so happy that I managed to finish this story. I know it’s really dark and crazy but that’s just how I like it. I had come a long way from ‘The Devil’s Lover’ (the book about William -the devil- and Trance) and I believe my mindset had changed a lot. My knowledge regarding anal sex has improved too. Trust me, porn doesn’t help. It’s best to read, listen to people's experience, or experience it yourself hahaha. My advice for everyone is to not fall in love. Love hurts. Shit. I’m so random I must be drunk. Anyway, there will be an epilogue as the real final chapter coming next. For now, I bid goodbye to the readers for this story. Hope we will meet again in my other works. -K

֍֍֍

NEXT UPDATE: 2023/04/25

֍֍֍

1