Chap 5 – The coming moths
80 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Lil An. Did you… hit the young master of the Chen family?” Asked a white hair grandpa. He looked worried.

 

Yun An met him two days ago. Based on her limited interaction with him, the old man appeared to be another person who cared for Yun An.

 

“I don’t know his name but the other kids called him the third young master. Is that the one you are referring to?”

 

“Ay ya, so it was true.” The old man sighed. “This poor child. You made a grave mistake!” He took out a small sack strapped on his belt and placed it into her hand. “Lil An. This is all I can spare. You take this money and run away quickly.”

 

“But grandpa-”

 

He urged. “Li town is ten days to the north. The road is dangerous but at least you have a chance. If you stay here, you will get killed. You should go. Go quickly, lil An. Go before the people of Chen family find you!”

 

Yun An knew that certain rich or powerful families are nasty. However, she couldn’t believe the laws here could be this loose that they could kill a little girl on the basis that their child was hurt in a kid fight.

<What is wrong with the governance of this country? Or is it because the ruling dynasty of my country was better?>

 

She pushed back the sack of coins to the kind old man. “Grandpa. You are not well off and your age is advanced. Your goodwill, I will take, but I can not receive these savings. I am young and I am strong enough to take care of myself.” 

 

<I am not Dong Yun An. I will not take what belongs to her.>

 

“Lil An!”

 

“Thank you, grandpa.”

 

She bid the kind hearted grandpa farewell and headed to the south gate.

 

Yun An knew not what to do. It was a sound idea to run away and avoid problem as the old man had wanted. She didn’t know who she would have to deal with, so it was best not to act out. However, she didn’t feel like running away nor did she feel this circumstance posed a threat. Perhaps she was overconfident.

 

While deep in thought, she ran into a second group of henchmen. The girl wondered if there would be a third group somewhere in the city looking for her. Long story short, they met the same end as the first group except I got all of them under my fists.

 

She asked the dudes on the ground. “Who is your master?”

 

“W-what do you mean?”

 

<Judging by his reaction, he must have expected Dong Yun An to know who his master is. Is his master notorious in this city or is it the arrogance of the better-off family? Or could it be Dong Yun An has some sort of connection to them? There is too little information.>

 

“Tell me about your master!” Her fist approached his face.

“Uhm. M-master… Master is the head of the Chen family, one of the most influential families in New Town (Xin Cheng) city. Don’t tell me you forget about him? Are you brave or stupid? The master is a cultivator at Body reformation stage. He can break all the bones in your body in a single move.” He paused a bit. Probably thinking. “Since you hurt the young master yesterday, he had ordered us to bring you back for punishment. The master is not a merciful man. If you obediently follow us to meet the master, he may spare your life.”

 

<I gets what he was thinking. The head of the Chen must be quite cruel. This guy tried to trick me into going with him because if he fails to bring me back, there will be consequences. Too bad, I am not an idiot.

That stuff aside, what is this “cultivator at body reformation stage”? Is it related to some kinds of martial arts? How strong is he? No. The better question is “what is he capable of?” This guy threatened me that his master could shatter my bones with one move. That was likely an exaggeration. Moreover, this guy may not even know I am not a normal child.

Surely I was weak the first time I woke up in this world, but my body has already grown much closer to what I used to be in my former childhood. It’s the only way for me to be able to break branches and carry woods into the city everyday.

However, if this master Chen can break the bones in a child’s body in a move, he is much stronger than I am, currently. Whatever technique he could use, he must be skillful enough to affect all the bones at once. Fighting against someone stronger is not a problem, fighting someone more skillful is.

More importantly, should I get mixed up with this Chen family? I am just a wood-selling girl with no wealth, reputation, or influence. Even if I can beat that family head of the Chen family, their family wouldn’t let it go. Having a hostile relationship with an established family at this moment is bad news. That is not mentioning their extended family if they have one.>

 

After calmly assessing the situation, she reached her conclusion. Despite not wanting to leave her home, running away seemed to be the sensible option. Yun An let out a dejected sigh.

 

<Hmm? What is this hostile intent?>

 

From thirty steps away, she spotted a young boy leading a group of four men.

 

<There's no mistake. I am his target.

The guys who followed him wore different clothes than the group on the ground. Are they not from the Chen family? Anyway, that didn’t change the fact that he is coming at me with ill will.

Should I just run away? They will chase after me, and it’s unsure if I can outrun them. Maybe knocking them out first. That way my whereabouts would be secured. Still, they look like trouble. The->

 

Before she could even finish the thought, the young boy pushed out his palm. A knife-shape light sped toward her kneecap which she barely avoided. The left sleeve of her pants though wasn’t so fortunate.

 

<Ok. This guy can use the same weird thing like that young master brat but in a much more lethal way.>

 

He reacted to her evasion with a sour face. “Cheeky brat! Let’s see how well you can dodge. Fan of knives!” As he shouted out the name of the attack, his palm swept across the intangible air, releasing seven lights.

3