Chap 33 – You broke through. Me too!
39 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From afar, Hua Cheng’s concern was apparent on his face. He recalled the night three days ago.

Hua Cheng brought a bowl of ginseng soup as instructed by the first senior master.

When he entered his senior master’s room, Yun An had already presented.

“Thank you, Hua Cheng. Leave it on the table.”

“Yes, senior master.”

“Yun An.

Cultivation starts with a realisation, the realisation of qi. Once the sensation of qi arises, your journey begins.

When the feeling of qi becomes stronger, the cultivator attempts to shape this intangible force to their desire. This is qi manipulation. 

We don’t know the origin of qi but we know qi is everywhere. If so, what is the difference between “my” qi and qi that is not “mine”? This question led to qi absorption. In a sense, it is the repurposing of qi.

You have somewhat reached Mid qi manipulation. Thus, you are capable of absorbing qi. Qi absorption is divided into intrapersonal absorption (level 4 and 5 of foundation stage) and extrapersonal absorption (level 9 of foundation stage).

Intrapersonal absorption is absorbing qi using your body, either through your internal organs (lower qi absorption) or your skin (mid qi absorption).

Most cultivators started absorbing qi through their guts by digesting precious herbs and medicine. You, on the other hand, absorbed qi the first time through your flesh by breaking down the invading qi. I have to say you are quite the odd fellow. You started qi absorption before you could control them.

Ohohoho!

Not that it is too out of ordinary. After all, the arrangements of realms, stages, and levels are to specify which a cultivator should focus. It’s a law that was discovered, not invented by ancient cultivators.”

“This disciple shall duly note.”

He gave the ginseng soup  to Yun An. “This one is a 30-year ginseng. Its qi shouldn’t be too much for you to try. When you finish it, the ginseng will become a source of qi in your body for a few hours or a few days depending on your absorption rate. Try a two-body-parts qi manipulation this way.

As you concentrate qi to your limb, your body will draw qi into the hand. Qi from the ginseng will stream from the guts up. Try to stop it. It should feel like preventing water from running down a spring.

When you no longer feel qi from your guts, come to me. I will give you another ginseng for your practice.”

“Master.” She paused to select her words. “Yun An will repay your kindness.”

“Ohoho. Normally I will say it’s something a master would do. To you, however, I will be looking forward to the future.” The senior master looked Hua Cheng's way. “My apology, Hua Cheng. I made you waited.”

“It’s nothing, senior master.”

“If you say so. Hua Cheng. Look after this girl for a few hours. I am sure there should be no side effect, but just to be safe…”

“The senior master can leave it to Hua Cheng. I won’t neglect your assignment.”


Just ten days ago, you couldn’t control qi. Today, you stand in the ring, so close to the great honour. I haven’t seen a more extraordinary cultivator than you. You are amazing, Yun An. However, I think you should still your feet, and rest. You don’t have to push so hard.

“Yun An. You can forfeit if it becomes unbearable!” Tian Zhong yelled.

And I have to do something too.

“Listen to Tian Zhong. It’s ok to give up.”

The senior master said that because he knows you will obtain great things. He didn’t mean to pressure you for results.

“I am… ok. Just a bit more.”

Surely, fighting is a great way of practice, but you haven't fully recuperated yet. Before the old ones can settle, you have opened a new one. This is reckless. What did you see that you want to continue so badly?

Fang Xin met Yun An’s fist head on. Their knuckles collided in a blast of air pressure. In conjunction with the collapse of Fang Xin’s hand qi, Yun An’s hand gave out a cracking sound. No one knew her exact status but that left hand is better not used again in this fight.

Yun An dodged Fang Xin’s Invisible sword in the next instance. She leaped toward the sword she left on the ground since the beginning of the match. In one smooth movement, she circled back to face Fang Xin with the sword unsheathed.

The multiple times breaking his qi armour confirmed that Fang Xin needed one minute to regenerate new one. This was her chance.

Half the qi in one foot, the rest was spared along her torso as much as possible.

Then the wind howled.

This sword was given to her yesterday. In just one hit, it was pieces. One noticeable detail must be mentioned was the sword wasn’t wrecked by Yun An’s strength. It was close to the breaking point, but what ultimately broke it was Fang Xin’s shoulder qi armour.

“What!? He got two!”

“Impossible!”

“Did he break through?! He broke through to the sixth level!”

“He is equal to Lian Hua and Tie Ren?”

“He was a fifth (of Qi forming stage) just days ago.”

“I remember seeing him visit the 5th elder everyday the past week. Could that be the reason?”

“Really?”

“Um. Maybe not everyday since I was only in charge of sweeping the floor for five days.”

“I saw him too.”

“What did the 5th elder do to make him stronger so quickly?”

1