Arc 2 Chapter 8
90 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If this world was similar to an advanced RPG, I could say that my affinity points with mr.Psychiatrist reached negative values. The same can be said about my relationship with Isaaks duo because they led me through corridors with cold faces in total silence.

While I sit on my bed, I analyzed the previous scene and concluded that whatever I would have done I'd gotten similar results. So I throw this messy situation to the back of my mind and try to take a nap. 

For some time I lie on my back, but still, I can't get myself to sleep. Well, it's predictable, because I'm not tired, I'm just bored. And so without any means to entertain myself, I decided to check the only "equipment" I've got after reincarnation, my body.

I do some sit-ups mixed with jump-ups in the middle of my cell to warm my muscles. When the number of repetitions reached one hundred I was very satisfied with my new body as after all that work my breathing and heart rate was pretty much steady. 

Next was different stretches - bridges, splits, etc. Well, what I can say about my performance, if Joey saw me right now, he'd say I'm more bendy than Phoebe.

And just when I started to do some shadowboxing, I realized my mistake... It was a stupid idea to do physical exercises on an almost empty stomach and as a result, I'm now experiencing an annoying feeling of hunger. 

As such, I stopped my workout, came back to my bed, and patiently waited when someone to take me to have dinner. When your only way to measure time is light behind the small window time flows really slowly. And when you crave food... yeah, it's even worse.

Finally, after waiting for eternity, when I heard the sound of the unlocking of the door my mood goes up. But when I saw "bad" Isaac with a tray in his hands, my mood returned to its previous values. Well, seems my treatment here will be more strict. Or should I see this delivery service as a bonus?

"Take it"

"Uh-huh, thanks."

My attention is pulled to the assortment of three lumps of nutrients and an apple on the tray. I found something missing there.

"Should I eat it with my hands or you at least give me some tools for that? You know, things that are called like spoon or fork?"

He keeps silent and pulls from his pocket some kind of hybrid of both aforementioned cutleries made from flimsy plastic. As I look at it in his hand, different thoughts run through my mind, that soon came out of my mouth 

"Did a steel-deficit crisis begin? Or do you think that when I get a normal spoon in my hands I will start killing everyone with it ?"

Isaak silently brings it closer to me, prompting me to take it and shut up. While he holds the spork in his hand before me, I put my index finger on tip of it.

"Look! It bends from the smallest push. Come on, Isaak, do you think I can fight against the monstrosities on my tray with it?"

Seems he had enough of my antics and just sticks the spork into one of the blobs and goes out. When he reached the door he finally said something

"You have twenty minutes" and left alone in the room."

And I don't want to mention what happened after that.

------------       

"Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat,

What are they feeding you?

Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat,

It's not your fault...

...

All the dogs in the neighborhood

Are saying this for your own good"

If someone is curious why I'm singing this magnum opus while sitting in the toilet... Well, eating what they give you here takes a toll on your mind and stomach.

It's already the fifth day of my quarantine and a can say that my days became pretty repetitive. Wake up, suffer at breakfast, workout, look at the inner yard behind the window, workout, suffer at dinner, sleep. Rinse and repeat.

I have tried to ask for some books but got nothing. Oh, I forgot to mention that they still trying to check my mind with the help of pokemons... And I can't say that their attempts ended in success. Just some statistics:

Abra - knocked out. Hypno - knocked out. Mr.Mime - tore hair from his head and stayed in embryo pose for hours. Well, at least he was able to stay conscious until the end of the session. Espeon - failure from the start, it just sat there and blinked its eyes at me... Alakazam - still a failure, but he was the best of them all. When he tied to pry into my mind, after ten seconds he backed to the corner of the office while holding his spoons like a holy cross or a shield against me. I'm not a demon, okay? 

And now I'm getting ready for another such meeting. 

After a while, the everchanging duo guided me to the medical office where Janice and other people were waiting for me.

While I was sitting on the sofa in wait, I overheard their talk

" Guys, I still don't understand why should I do it. My Munna can't be used for treatment, diagnosis, or whatever you have in your mind. She is simply different..."

"Please, Mary. We all know that. Now our main goal changed. What if he is immune to psychic pokemon and we can replicate it? Do you understand what it means for us, for humanity ?"

"Yeah... But if something happens with my Munna..."

"Then you and your Munna will be properly compensated. Moreover, previous pokemons are fine already after some rest. Well, most of them... Come on, Mary."

"Fine, fine, fine! Okay, I'll do it"

With that, a group of people stands behind the sofa. Between them I see mr.Psychiatrist as he looks at me with hate. Gullible-looking woman throws a pokeball and before I appear cute little pokemon with flower patterns on its sides and magenta colored spot on her forehead.

"Munna, Dream Induction!"

After command pokemon jumps closer to me and from the spot on its head began leaking pink mist. Or is it smoke? Whatever.

The aforementioned mist envelopes me and slowly I start to feel funny. At least it smells very nice.

Such a scene stays for five minutes.

"Oh, come on! It's too slow" with such words I groggily take a pink cutie into my hands and take a good puff of pink mist directly from the source. Like from a bong...

And then I find myself sitting behind the table in the company of six girls.       

   

2