Chapter 04, No Cheese.
283 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 04, No Cheese.

Three weeks before the Onion-alien mission, Tokyo.

Mouse-face-alien mission.

The group faced the park playground and it’s toys. The white and red Merry-go-round. The yellow monkey bars. The blue and sea foam maypole spinner. The orange slide. And the mountain rocky house, on witch kids could climb it’s tilted walls or hide under them. Takashi never tried the latter as it would always be too noisy inside.

Takashi was steeling his heart as he looked at who he named sacrifices number 01 to 08. He may had come back in time to try to save as many people as possible, he knew that to carry out his plan, some people would have to die. This eight would not be allowed to succeed the game.

Sorry for your sufferings, I will remember your sacrifice.

Takashi kept looking around him, smiling and looking happy. His glasses, or “Tony’s glasses” as he called them were showing him Nishi’s position on top of the monkey bars, cloaked.

The one meter tall mouse-face-alien were playing happily. Some in the mountain rocky house. Some on the slide or the merry-go-round.

Without any warning or order, sacrifice 01 started to shoot, followed by the others. Takashi was pretending to do the same, helped by the projectile-less rifle gantz procured.

Chaos erupted, as the nest of mouse-face-aliens came out of the mountain rocky house. Who could have guessed that rodent would dig underground galleries? Many mouse-face-alien kept exploding as the nest charged the gantzers. Oh no, the mouse-face-alien are slashing and biting us. Sacrifice 03 got her throat slashed in a gory way, making the rest of them panic. 08 started shooting randomly around him as the mouse-face-alien started to attack his legs. 04 got shot and had his suit’s caps explode, rendering the suit useless. He tried to smash the aliens surrounding him to free a passage to escape. 02 wasn’t visible anymore but they could still hear him scream under the pets’ assault.

Takashi didn’t shoot anymore, focusing on escaping. He jumped and grabbed the maypole spinner to pass above the aliens. Landing behind them, he started to run, pretending to be afraid and to shoot randomly behind him.

07 was able to jump by herself, even without the suit’s manual. 06 tried to copy her, but landing on two small aliens, flattening them with his sumo-size. The other aliens, angry with the pizza he transformed their friends into, grabbed his legs, preventing him from getting up as they slashed and kept slashing him.

05 was suspended under the maypole spinner, but she wouldn’t last long as some aliens were already pulling her legs while some other slashed her once beautiful face.

01 was on top of the mountain rocky house. The worst place to go, as the aliens climbed it around him. He was using his riffle as a baseball bat, knocking aliens randomly in his panicked state. Suddenly, his legs went through the house’s roof and he started screaming for mere seconds before shutting up. The mouse-face-alien did have sharp nails. Nishi who was still shooting the unsuspecting aliens from the top of the monkey bars, looked up to see where 07 and Takashi went. He didn’t have to guess long and neither did the aliens, as Takashi’s screams for help were heard. Using his suit’s abilities, he jumped, never to leave the roofs’ safety. He was fast to catch up with the only two survivors, as Takashi was busy banging on every door he went next. 07 was walking shakily next to him, as she kept repeating “They all died” over and over.

The gantz veteran looked upon them in contempt, waiting for the aliens to catch up. This batch of recruits was as stupid as the others, swallowing his crappy speech hook, line and sinker. His smile went huge and he had to refrain his laugh as the two morons went through a dead end just as the aliens discovered them. Really? Could you want to make it more easy for the pets? He took his aim and proceeded to sin out the remaining nest.

Takashi knew this part of this plan was the most difficult to pull out. He had successfully lured the aliens and Nishi to this specific place on purpose. Waiting for the whole group of alien to gang on the girl and him, he barely kept them at bay with the gun, by firing just before the aliens.

Now.

He jumped on the wall, using it to jump again above the whole group, finishing by a roll and a slide. Looking behind him, he saw the girl dying under the alien mob, as she only wept curled on the ground before his escape.

Takashi pretended to look for help or a way out, before zeroing his eyes on the special peace of equipment he prepared for this mission. Taking it in his hands with the suit strengthening system, he blocked the dead end, efficiently trapping the rabid rodents inside. This old looking gate, was brand new, less than a day old. It was also made with steal, ceramic and carbon. It looked to have been let to rest, to allow it’s owner time to prepare it’s trip to the landfill, but had been placed here less than five minutes ago by gantz.

Takashi had to face the ground as the trap worked, before he started to shoot for help.

Nishi couldn’t believe his luck tonight. This geek was a godsend as he offered him two dozen aliens on a platter. Jumping on the roof a the house right next to them, he opened fire, slaughtering them happily while listening for their screams as Takashi wept.

Two minutes later, the mission was complete and gantz teleported them back to the room.

Nishi was happily standing in front of the black ball and Takashi was weeping, laying on the ground in shock. His eyes were red and were leaking along his nose.

God I hate tear-gaz.

Uncaring of the contestant mood, the gantz ball started the tally for the day’s mission.

You asshole, you lied to us !”

Nishi had his whole attention on the screen.

Mr Nishi points earned 25, total 112 pts.

Tear-guy points earned 5, total 5 pts.

Nishi couldn’t keep his laugh anymore, screaming his joy in front of the screen.

100 POINTS MENU

1. YOU WILL BE FREED ALONG WITH YOUR MEMORIES ERASED

2. YOU WILL BE GIVEN AN EXTREMELY POWERFUL WEAPON

3. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO REVIVE A HUMAN BRING FROM THE MEMORY

Nishi almost screamed “One”, while Takashi kept cursing him. Is choice validated, he looked at the geek and said.

Good luck trying to get out punk”. Smirking.

Nishi’s teleportation done, Takashi cleaned his face that went through a transformation. No longer was the geeky small guy visible. Anyone looking at him now would see the face of a seasoned warrior.

Thanks the help the former you provided to the gantzers of my past. I would have killed you without it.

Finally standing, he activated his tablet on his arm. Invisible at first as it was off, it now displayed a number of keys. His command code activated, Takashi smiled kindly as the black ball revived the eight fallen players back at their home.

Sorry for tonight suffering, but you really shouldn’t hold it against me. You were all supposed to die normally. Not that any of you would still remember any of this.

Live long and prosper guys.

He exited the apartment and kept thinking.

Stage ready and planted. Only thing to do now is to send an invitation for two of my main players.

Smiling in front of the white dog in front of him, Takashi petted him kindly.

Done eating your fill pal? Follow me, I will give you something to drink at home.”

Rice, the dog brought in the gantz’s system nobody really knew how, followed him. For once, his night wasn’t filled with blood and weird creatures trying to kill it. The dog bowl he found next to the apartment kept him here as he ate and slept.

Takashi knew Reika had a soft spot for stray animals.

6