Chapter 08, Onion-alien Mission, End.
196 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 08, Onion-alien Mission, End.

Tokyo’s suburb at night.

Opening his left hand palm up to show some blue pills.

Either you forget everything that happened tonight.”

Showing his right hand with red pills.

Or you keep fighting along with me, and we go down the rabbit hole.”

Inamori didn’t hesitate and grabbed a blue pill immediately.

His body then started to teleport outside of the apartment.

Seeing the rest of the group flitter. Takashi told to them.

No need to rush for you decision. I will give all of you a number to contact me. I should advise you that you won’t dispose of a very long time. Gantz will bring you here for the next mission if you don’t eat the blue pill”.

What’s the red pill’s effect if you say this thing can still bring us back here?”

The red pill will allow you to use my version of Gantz”.

After he was done giving his number, Takashi took the group outside where a van was parked near the apartment. Sei taking the wheel as he rode shotgun.

The group went to drop Kato first. He wasn’t sure about his choice, willing to fight to protect earth against the aliens, but concerned about his little brother. He was still deep in his thoughts when the group left him.

Kishimoto was next, Takashi reassuring her she didn’t have to decide tonight if she didn’t want to.

Her motivations are obvious. She don’t want to forget Kato.

As she climbed to her family apartment, Takashi went to ask to Kurono where he lived, evading some of Sei’s questions again but promising her answers as soon as he would be home. Their conversation was interrupted by a panicked Kishimoto, talking about a double her living with her family.

Feigning surprise, Takashi put his helmet back on and activated his suit cloaking device. He just went further away from the group and waited for a little time before he went back inside the van, a look of concern and pity on his face.

Gantz screwed up.”

What do you mean, Taka?” asked Sei.

I mean this shitty system thought Kishimoto died, when she obviously didn’t. So now we have two of them, one of witch don’t know a thing about tonight’s events and is living peacefully among her loving family”.

She’s still there?” pursued Sei.

Let’s drop Kurono and bring her home. I will let her stay in one of the unused rooms for now.”

She can stay with me!”

Kurono, no criticizing your love-struck goodhearted behavior but, do you even have room at home for her? I thought so. So now, as I’m starting to feel really tired, this young master will act as one and have you dropped at home. Then I will bring Kishimoto and Kaze here at my penthouse were they will be able to rest. As I don’t think this martial artist had a plan were to stay tonight.”

He then let his head lay on the headrest, clearly making his intention not to discuss anymore. The mood was heavy for the rest of the drive. Kishimoto weeping silently for her lost live. Kurono finally dropped at his home, a twenty minutes drive took them to Takashi’s penthouse. The van put to rest in the underground parking area, the group took the private elevator to the top floor.

You can stay in this room for now, I will ask Sei to go shopping for you tomorrow for your necessities. Then I will help you get your new identity. I won’t rush for that, take the time you need to calm down and assert yourself first.”

In front of the group stupefied looks, Takashi could only sight, then add.

I was able to hack in a system decades in advence from the ones currently used, you think the civil status computer’s system is harder?”

Kishimoto put to rest, Takashi went to his area of the penthouse. There, in the middle of a grid painted on the ground he stood still. Soon, parts of the grid opened and showed robotized mechanical arms that went to disassemble Takashi’s armor.

Seeing this, Sei could only smile as she let a :

Men and their toys...” Slip by.

No idea what you are talking about.” Not looking at the MCU’s poster in the back.

His armor taken off, Takashi lead them to his computer room.

Care to explain everything now? Why didn’t yo get help with everything happening? Why not me, your father or the authorities? You said we couldn’t talk about it without dying, but you obviously could bypass that, no?”

Bringing a particular screen on the computer, Takashi was able to show her and Kaze, not only the passed away gantz members, but also the counter for the apocalypse.

This counter show the time remaining before they arrive here. The moment they will touch ground, they will use us a cattle, toys and slaves. And for bringing in the government, I don’t trust them. Even if we don’t end up marked as terrorists, they will still want to possess this technology. Teleportation? Lazer guns? Did I forgot to tell you I didn’t show you all the tools as you weren’t trained for it?”.

Sei’s and Kaze’s faces were even more dead serious now, if it was possible.

You still want to fight it alone ?” Asked the male-fighting-maniac.

If I have to ? Yes. Would love the help still.”

I’m in”. Said the man of few words, he then went to his room, letting Sei with Takashi.

What did you do went I died?”

I started to look for you two after Kaze’s match. I thought you went to see the arena’s owner to arrange for some matches but they didn’t know where you were. Then I received a notice for an upcoming mission and raced here. Next thing I know the both of you are in the gantzer’s group in front of me, arguing with some two pennies yakuzas to prevent a rape.”

You really impressed me tonight. Where’s the little boy I babyssited gone?”

You really won’t let my dark past go, won’t you?”

I don’t know, you were really brave, a leader, and could show mercy for those of the team that earned it. What do you think ? Don’t little brother Taka want to protect his big sister?” Said Sei, as she folded her arms to push up her boobs, teasing him.

You already know I’m with Reika, Sei.” He responded, flushing.

Hm hm. I’m not sure. I could definitely see me with you now.” She said, as she went to leave the penthouse.

With Sei gone, Takashi could finally relax.

I can’t let myself fall for her. I’m with Reika now.

6