Chapter 20, Tanaka-Alien’s Mission, Pain
115 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 20, Tanaka-Alien’s Mission, Pain

Tokyo, Itabashi.

Seeing the Tanaka-aliens common reaction, Kato didn’t want himself and the group trapped in an enclosed space he didn’t have control off.

Escape now!”He ordered as he pulled back with Anzu and the two new members.

The Tanaka-alien right next to them let them go, as his unwavering attention was focused on the mass murderer known as Kurono. The young man understood the aliens’ intention and decided to play with it as he slowly walked back in his crime scene.

With Anzu guarding the newbies back, Kato didn’t go for delicacy. Four fast katana slashes opened their way as they ran outside. The duo knew Takashi’s drill. When evacuating a place, always let some gifts for the host. Politesse oblige.

The four gantzers ran in the staircase, while the bait was waiting for their signal.

Kurono, NOW!” Said Kato.

The young man jumped through the window once more, running down the building’s wall. He activated the grenades once more from his personal tablet, his target having tried to catch him.

Nice thinking using the belt like that, it will always give you a tactical advantage.” Appreciated Takashi.

As they grouped themselves on the ground, Kato had everyone follow him, to an open ground. Right on time as many Tanaka-aliens went out of the building, some unhurt, some broken.

The aliens tried to surround the group. Kato giving his directives, sending them away, letting himself be caught. Anzu being Anzu, had stayed next to him, firing on the alien far away from him. As a half a dozen of them were about to mall the couple to death, Kato lived up to his code name, using a Nuki Tsuke to rotate the blade around him. Kenshin was really deadly at close range. The young girl having knelt a fraction of a second before his slash. The young girl wasn’t less deadly as she pulled the second trigger of her Y-gun.

The Y-guns had a peculiar way of shooting. The projectiles were launched by group of three, linked by cables of light. Should you get entangled by them, the first effect would be to prevent you to move, as the projectiles anchored themselves in the ground. The second effect, was to teleport you away, sending you in the computerized system, never to transfer back to reality again. Transfer could be tone in sequence or grouped, for the gunner could chose it’s moment or set the gun to do it by itself after a set timer.

Takashi’s version of this gun allowed the shooter to launch multiple times before he had to discharge his targets. Four Tanaka-aliens were currently disappearing now, courtesy of her skills. Four more were laying dead thanks to Kishimoto’s snipping.

Not even a whisper to pull that off, ladies and gentlemen the new power-couple.” Commented Takashi, ready to tease them.

No more targets near the bridge, coming back.” Said Sei from the radio.

Copy.” Answered Takashi.

A sudden scream torn up the night around them.

Incoming Boss, retreat.”

A flying shadow went above them, as all the group could see was a blur.

Everyone look out!”

As they all checked their surroundings, the sniper team was the first to report contact.

Spotted, it’s flying above the bridge now”. Said Reika, as Kishimoto tried to gun it down before it reached them.

The nine feet tall monster flew fast, about to tear them apart, when something it didn’t count on smashed against his chest at high speed. It didn’t see Sei’s bike drive up along the building wall, as this bike’s version could pull it up thanks to a gravity manipulation similar to the belt.

The moment Sei heard the monster scream, she launched her bike at full speed to reach Reika. Protecting the rest of the group was part of her objective, but as Takashi’s love interest, Reika’s safety made the top of her list.

Landing on the rooftop, Kaze grabbed the two non combatants, jumping to the next building. Kishimoto and Reika doing the same, while Sei was driving down the wall, wary of the boss if needed.

Turned out, it wasn’t needed, as it was currently neck crushed, in Takashi’s hand.

Takashi’s armor had many level-up compared to gantz’ normal one.

For one, the blades on the gantz’ armor suit was fixed, unlike the retractable ones the new one had. It had a gravity belt, thrusters disposed on it’s body to fly, multiple X-gun’s cannons like Warmachine’s arms would show in a future movie. One capacity, that Takashi nicknamed “Deva Way” used the full capacity of the gravity belt.

Attraction and Repulsion.

Alas for the Tanaka-alien boss, Takashi’s execution’s speed let him no time to retaliate. Using the Deva-Way’s device on his armor’s chest, Takashi kept pulling back the alien, while he punched him away after each lap.

As the boss face and body were reduced to a bloody plump, the group noticed what he was effectively doing was using it as a Jokari.

Soon, Gantz summon interrupted him and sent them all back. While the group was busy taking of their gear at their HQ, Takashi was on his tablet, launching his cleanswip protocol.

It resulted in Sugimoto Kayo et Ryota appeared in a fully repaired old car, next to the youngster's parent’s house. The two only remembering a nice and pleasant evening. The young child’s mother was quick to get out of her place, worried as she couldn’t reach her mother’s phone. The old lady, her mind a little foggy with the transfert’s effects, looked at a sleeping Ryota, the phone still in his hands. Taking it without waking up the child, she saw it was still calling a random number, a company’s phone line, whose mechanical voice wanted them to press a number to indicate their choice.

Finally at peace with the outcome of the event, the mother took her child in a warm embrace, bringing him inside along the grandmother.

In another part of the town, a young couple was waking up as they lay on the ground, their bike was still running, it’s driving wheel spinning in the air. Hojo was the first to emerge, finding himself in the warm and protective embrace of Sadayo. He didn’t remember crashing the bike, only arguing with this girl who he found creepy and annoying. He always saw girls not wanting to get scars and marks on their skins to tarnish their beauty and never though she would risk her live to protect him. Getting her hair out of her face to check on her, he for once noticed she didn’t look like the girl from that horror movie like that. If only she could take care of her appearance. The girl moaned when he touched, waking up. It was only then that Hoko noticed he was still laying on one of her arms, potentially causing her harm. Getting up, flushed, he reached for his phone as he looked around them for the first time. Their fall could not have happened better than this. It was almost a movie stun scene when he saw what they landed on. A whole bunch of dumpster bags, full of shredded papers, from the office just behind apparently.

His phone biped then, a text notice :

Meeting at Bravo Model Agency

09h00 Tomorrow.

Hillside Terrace, Building H, 301

18-17 Saragakuchon Shibuya City, Tokyo.

Hojo couldn’t believe his luck to land this interview. During his last contract, the director wanted to abuse him. But it wouldn’t happen with B.M.A. They had the reputation for transparency. The girl next to him was his new lucky charm. He will never let go of her.

4