Chapter 27, Paris’ Heroes.
56 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 27, Paris’ Heroes.

Paris, Near the Police provisional HQ.

Back when the police cleared people of the Eiffel Tower and the Champ de Mars, people were looking at the large empty area, wondering what was happening in the empty space. Some of them thought it could be an event, as the Eiffel Tower was usually emptied before the new-years eve and national day fireworks’ display, for obvious security reasons. Others believed there maybe a problem, like the disastrous one that happened in New-York in September.

Back in 2001, there wasn’t Twitter, snapchat, instagram or others. News were still dispensed by the TV, radios and newspapers. They could be easily spotted among the crowd, as a tendency to always try to appear on air was worldly widespread. TF1, LCI and CNews for France, BBC and Sky News for UK, Euronews for EU, MSNBC, CNN, Newsworld international for the US, and every other news correspondents present in Paris, so… All of them, were all filming the empty place and the Tower.

Back when Philippe, the mysterious guy above the police officer, gave the latter the order to clear the crowd, the gantzers were already firing at the alien-monkeys. Normally, none of theses people should have been able to see the aliens, neither should they be able to see the gantzers, nor their fight.

This immutable fact, was about to go though a revolution. What better place the Paris, the French Capital for that. It was in fact one of the two secrets missions for the drones. One group of them was in position, accomplishing what happened on the street to the Montparnasse Tower. Transferring and healing wounded and unhurt people to the police HQ.

The second group, was composed of a reduced number of drones. Their mission easier. They just all had to stay in position, and light the place, in a certain way. Should you found yourself in the dark, you turn on the light, illuminating your way.

This night, the drones were illuminating the place, using the cloaking technology from gantz, twisted Takashi’s way.

The cloaking technology could allow you to turn invisible, to project your image on something else, or somewhere else. It became a basic holographic 3D colorized projector.

It could be the best movie projector ever, allowing you to immerse yourself IN the movie.

It could be the best training tool for the military, laser-game players, paintball players, and the like. Creating whole environment for them.

It could be a teaching tool, projecting the teacher’s image and what he wanted anywhere in the world.

Or…

It could project your image on yourself. Pretty useless in a normal situation.

But in gantz? It would allow normal spectral rays to go from the gantzers and the aliens to any biological or mechanical eye prying on them.

Takashi just permitted everyone to see everything happening tonight. Live. He may have forgotten to warn the others. It wasn’t on purpose. Not at all.

Eiffel Tower, Aerial Corp.

Takashi rushed to the big monkey that was trying to kill the Eiffel Tower team. Seeing it, his first thought was:

Will we have to cut your tails to transform you back?

Officially, he had no idea what one of them wanted to accomplish tonight. It was why he was flying in a straight line, making sure the moron wasn’t shooting something else. He heard and saw Frederic try to prevent the shot. A noble gesture from the french teacher. But useless and too late. As the flying bike took the blunt of the shots, multiples of them, Tom was really committed to his purpose for once.

Parts of the flying bike exploded, others dislocated, pieces and scraps crashing against the tower’s first floor. At three hundred kilometers per hour alas. The monkey jumped out of the way, launching Victor and Richard in the void. The two of them transferred by Takashi’s security’s protocols, back to another part of the first floor. Frederic used the power of his suit to grab Tom, even after his monstrous act, jumping across the void to the other side of the first floor. Bumping in the metal structure opposite to him, Not-Indy managed to grab on it long enough to steady himself. The asshole next to him doing the same. He then proceeded to climb to safety before looking for ways to help. What he saw froze his heart, his face white. The tower upper part was tipping off, about to fall on the Seine and everything nearby.

Oh, god Tom, what have you done.”

The Eiffel Tower was never built to sustain a chock like that. Back in the days, flying was at the earliest start. Who would have thought of an aircraft crash on it.

Squirrel was flying around the top of the tower. Seeing it tipping, her first reaction was to use her thrusters, gravity belt and guns, and suit’s capabilities to land on the Champ de Mars. Pointing her arms to the tower, and pushing every equipment on her suit over the limit to prevent the Eiffel Tower’s fall. She instantly found herself almost torn apart, her arms in the front, her body straight as an I, legs in the back, plowing the ground under the power of the gravity guns along her legs. Her scream of pain was heard by worldwide. Her suit tearing and breaking, her bones and muscles doing the same.

Guys, put on the Hulk suit and steady it. Fast”. Ordered Takashi.

Reacting fast, the gantzers ran and jumped with the full power of their suits, then even faster helped by the new one transferred on them.

The suits were five meters tall not counting the telescopic arms. The gantzers using it to grab the most vulnerables pieces about to break. Frederic was the only one of the team not suiting up, as he was currently guarding Tom.

Next to the tower, Takashi was flying and looking at the big monkey who was climbing it, reenacting the movie King-kong. While he was launching some of his emergencies’ protocols, Frederic who was looking as the whole scene from under it could only say.

It could be only me, but instead of trying to frighten us, this guy awfully looks like he’s doing a pole dance.”

Done, Squirrel, guys, you can all let it go, it’s taken care of. I launched a healing protocol for you too Zoe, stay out of the rest of the fight. I’m ending it.”

Takashi, his personal suit stabilizing itself a safe distance away from the monkey, saw it as it started to change again. It’s fur getting a golden shine as it started to grow again.

Yeah, not this time Sangoku.” He said to it, pointing his harms to it as it’s head exploded.

The cloaked drones, not revealing all their capabilities yet, pulled it’s body away from the reconstructing tower to prevent damage.

This exhausting fight only took twenty minutes. And after it’s end, the team was waiting for their transfer back to the Paris’ gantz apartment. What was waiting for them surprised every single one of them.

Finding themselves in front of the police HQ, still full of people and news correspondents, the group looked a little overwhelmed. With the flashes and spotlights shooting at them, they heard Takashi’s voice in their com.

Guys, I give you the world.”

2