Interlude 3 – You’re in Charge of Her
248 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 All the ego sisters were speechless at what Eirlys had just said.

All of them, except one.

Fion was very upset.

"Well, it seems she's still a bit shy. Please forgive her," Eirlys said casually as she stood up.

All eyes were on Eirlys as she walked towards a large red pillar.

Before she reached it, a little girl in a dress that seemed to come straight from a dream peeked out timidly.

q7jLIo4.png

Her attire was soaked in a creamy white, enveloping her figure like a cloud of purity. Small strokes of light blue, like the glimmers of a calm lake, adorned the dress in subtle details, adding a touch of freshness to the exquisite creation.

It didn't take long for everyone to notice something strange.

Both the dress and the girl's human form were unstable.

The magic emanating from her was strong, undoubtedly comparable to Rhiannon's power.

Or perhaps even greater?

Rhiannon swallowed hard, and on the other hand, Fion stood up agitated.

"What does this mean, Eirlys?"

The girl started trembling as Eirlys stood beside her.

Taking her hand, Eirlys pulled the girl closer and with a smile introduced her:

"This is Lirien, your new younger sister. Please treat her kindly."

Lirien averted her gaze, as all the sisters were silently watching her.

The first to react was Fion.

"Is Eirlys serious!?"

Fion asked, visibly upset.

"Hey, calm down"

Rhiannon commented, maintaining her composure, but Fion ignored her.

Fion walked quickly towards where Eirlys was.

She laughed and didn't back down even when Fion approached aggressively.

Lirien tried to pull away, but Eirlys didn't let go.

Both were face to face.

"Why?"

Eirlys gently pushed Lirien forward.

"Take her."

Fion stepped back in confusion, not understanding Eirlys response.

Rhiannon, who had remained relaxed for much of the meeting, frowned.

"What are you doing?"

Fion asked, glancing at Lirien.

You could easily see how nervous the girl was.

"I'm entrusting her to you"

Eirlys said with a smile.

What?

That was the instant thought of everyone, except Cerys, who had her attention diverted to a cookie that remained on one of the plates on the table.

Cerys took advantage of this moment when everyone was distracted to claim the last cookie.

"May I say something?"

Niam asked, raising her hand.

"Of course"

Eirlys replied.

"Why are you entrusting this to Fion instead of Rhiannon? Wouldn't she be a better teacher? Moreover, Fion..."

Niam's explanation was calm and accurate, but before she could finish, Eirlys responded:

"I think everyone has already noticed, but Lirien doesn't have mana, and that's why her human form is like this"

Eirlys gently tapped Lirien's head, and she transformed back into her sword form. Before she could fall to the ground, Fion reacted and bent down to catch her.

"See? She might seem grumpy on the outside, but she'll be a good teacher," explained Eirlys as she walked back to the table where everyone was.

Fion, who was now on the floor, looked at the small blue sword in front of her. It looked so fragile.

It looked so fragile.

Once Eirlys sat back in her seat, no one else said a word.

Rhiannon was lost in thought.

Niam decided to drop the subject so as not to disturb Eirlys.

And Cerys was lost in the conversation.

"Wait... Who ate the last cookie?"

Eirlys asked curiously, as she had sworn she saw a cookie before going to fetch Lirien.

Cerys chuckled quietly before raising her hand.

◇◆◇

"Are you upset?"

Alexia asked as she saw Isuke using the benches in the classroom as a makeshift bed.

"I just want to lie down"

Isuke replied, placing a book over his face.

"If the professor sees you like this, he'll think you're dead"

Alexia commented in a teasing tone as she sat down.

"There's plenty of space... Can't you sit farther away or on the lower benches?"

Isuke complained when he saw Alexia had sat very close to him.

"So I can cover for you"

Alexia laughed, but this didn't amuse Isuke at all.

"And Leo?"

"He stayed with the others downstairs. Did you really have to leave?"

Alexia said as she leaned on the stone table in front of her.

He felt so useless.

Useless for not doing anything on the hunts and barely surviving the exams.

Isuke had certain magical abilities, but when it came to weapons or hand-to-hand combat, he was utterly inept.

Alexia knew about Isuke's concerns, but she didn't know how to help him besides keeping him company.

Suddenly, an idea came to Alexia.

Adjusting her voice, Alexia began to speak as if she were a teacher:

"You can't be good at everything, just give it time..."

"Shut up"

Isuke said, interrupting Alexia's speech.

Alexia's tail began to sway, and without hesitation, she turned just to start tickling Isuke.

"Who are you telling to shut up, you scoundrel!?"

Isuke started laughing as he tried to defend himself from Alexia.

Alexia immediately noticed that someone was about to open the door, so she stopped.

"Get comfortable, they're about to come in"

Alexia whispered, adjusting her hair.

Isuke stood up and took a breath.

The students began to arrive one by one.

Leo greeted them both with a wave but sat separately because several students were already seated next to them.

The last person to arrive was a giant teacher carrying a large box.

Upon entering the classroom, the teacher locked the door.

Several students were surprised by the teacher's attire, as he looked as if he were heading on an adventure.

He had some weapons, and behind him was a large bag with equipment peeking out.

Alexia and other demi-humans, with their heightened sense of smell, could tell that the teacher had food inside.

Before a student could ask him anything, the teacher began speaking in a calm tone.

"I know you've been studying and practicing various things about teleportation this past week..."

The teacher gently placed the box he was holding on the desk.

"This is the best class for this kind of topic, isn't it?"

The students didn't know how to respond, as the question was too strange.

Where was the teacher going with this?

Wasn't this a class about monsters?

"Today's lesson will be special."

Once the teacher revealed what was inside the box, everyone's jaws dropped.

It was a yellow teleportation device.

Isuke, along with other students who had studied the subject, swallowed hard because that device was capable of teleporting several people anywhere in the world.

Why had a teacher brought such a device to a class of students who were just learning to handle these devices?

Several students began to doubt the situation.

It was very suspicious.

And we are back with updates on this novel.

Soon they will have caps every week and if all goes well, maybe even 2 per week!

Thanks for waiting and we'll see you in another chapter.

12