[S1] Ch12: Happy home #11
518 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seconds passed by. Minutes passed by. Hours passed by. Days passed by. Quarter by quarter. Part by part. One half by one half. Milimeter by milimeter. Fahrenheit by fahrenheit. Degree by degree. Water by water. Everything passed by normally. A week has passed, nothing much happened, except that Melissa isn't here and is about to meet the heaven. She will be receiving her divine judgemental. Well, it's only us father here, happily living together. I prefer it this way, I don't need to worry about anyone displeasing me. 

Speaking of water, there's a wooden toilet here already so going to the restroom is comfortable. It's kind of a pain to climb though. Also, there's this magical stone thingy where you imbue a little of your mana and boom, there's water falling. We use it for taking a bath. Though, when I still didn't know how to use magic before, Rene is the one who takes me a bath, sometimes it's father. Still, even if I know mana now, I make father bath me until now. This is my dream, I do what I want. I like it when father touches me. As for the soap, there's also this magical stone of course. Everything is about the magical stones. 

Anyways, as I said, a week has passed. Currently, it's very early in the morning. I'm wearing some brown hood, covering me. Father told me that this is better since it would be out of place if we showed up there and we'll be watching from the sidelines. Like, Melissa is a commoner so commoners are the ones who'll mostly come to watch. He also said that it would leave a bad impression to others if a duke's daughter who's only five years old attended.

Putting that aside, today is the day I will be going out from the gate for the first time. I have never gone beyond this point. Well, except for that time where I woke up in a dessert all of a sudden, but that isn't counted. Now I mentioned that dessert, I can't help but wonder what was I doing there or what was that supposed to mean again. But, whatever. 

I'm now outside. In front of me is a carriage pulled by two horses, and I noticed how different it is from the last one. Father always change his carriage, but I don't really care that much. Is he always buying a new one because cleaning it is a pain? Yep, must be it. Father is also beside the carriage, wearing a black hood. 

And, there was also this dude who's riding a horse behind the carriage, wearing a full body armour. Indeed, he's a so called knight. I only ever see him whenever father is heading out using a carriage. Like, he isn't a body guard of the house, he's only a body guard for the carriage. Well, father doesn't really head out that much so, I can only see this knightly figure once in a blue moon. 

"Are you excited, Lylia?" Father asked. 

"Yeah." I answered. I'm really looking forward to going outside. Like, I can now see beyond the scope of the usual house scene of my dream world. Though, to be honest, I'm not really that interested in the execution part. I'm not that interested in seeing gore in my dream. It'll be just a head flying, right? Or maybe a head hanging on the rope? 

"Hey, mister knight." I called the knight guy. I then added with a thumbs up. "You're very looking cool." Yep, he's cool. Seeing a legit armour and sword in real life is really cool. 

Anyways, as he looked at me, I then asked. "But mister, I have question. A full body armour like that is very heavy, right? Don't the horse feel any back pain?" 

He just stared at me. His face is facing towards my direction. I can't see his face, nor even see his eyes by how hidden he is, but anyone can tell that he's just staring at me. He didn't answer. He's just there, being silent while I am waiting for a reply. Still, don't my question make sense?

"Haha, don't expect any answer from this guy." Father laughed and said. He then added. "He's a golem. You know what a golem is, right?"

"He's a golem? That golem thingies?" I replied.

"That's right. I call him Aljur. He's a strong and sturdy warrior. He'll protect us." He said. "Oh, and don't worry about the horse. Aljur is designed to ride one so his weight isn't that much." 

"I see." I said.

A golem, huh. I wouldn't be able to notice that if father didn't tell me, he looks so human. Oh well, I guess he'll look just like what I imagine a golem is without that armour.

I've read about them, they're basically the fantasy world version of robots, and they can't talk. They're usually made of your typical material, which is stone, but they can also be made using different things like metals and stuff, depending on how skilled the creator is and of course, how suitable the material for making a golem too. I don't know how it's made exactly yet though. 

Now, seeing this guy called Aljur, I kinda want to have a golem for myself too. I want to create one to be my personal body guard. A golem that will protect me. Like, I want a large and menacing one with a big sword where I can call upon anytime so that I can fight as a mage behind it. I will be the mage, it will be my tank. Hehehe, isn't this such a cool idea? 

"Papa, can I learn how to make a golem? I want to have one that I designed myself." I said.

"Hmm, since like you have gained a new interest." He said and smiled. He then opened the door of the carriage. He then ravished me up and dropped me to the chair of the carriage. He then added. "I'll bring you where he's made someday, ok? That's a promise."

He then closed the door. Inside, was what I imagined to be. It's a mediaeval like carriage, nothing special. Even if this is my first time riding one, this isn't real anyways so it doesn't matter. This is just a dream. 

I looked outside the window, I saw father opening that large gate himself. Seriously, he certainly needs to hire some servants at least. Aren't we supposed to be nobles? And isn't a duke supposed to be a high rank to the society? I think we're not that poor. He's just tiring himself. Wait, since I'm his daughter, aren't I also tiring myself? Sigh, does he dislike other humans? He's probably the reason why Rene left. I'll really add maids here someday. 

Anyways, the gate is now opened. Father came back, and he's also the one driving the carriage. As the carriage is now outside of the gates, he got back down again to close the gates and came back again while Aljur is following behind us. Well, I just want to share that our house is surrounded by a very dense forest, so we're now going through it. 

"Papa, why can't you just hire a driver?" I asked. Now that I think about it, I've never seen who's driving for father whenever he goes out with a carriage while I'm left alone with Rene. 

"Why? Don't you like my driving skills?" He replied.

"To be honest, my buttocks kinda really hurting." I complained. Riding a carriage is more of a pain than I expected. 

"Haha, bear with it. We're still far ahead." He said. 

"Ahh, can I just ride on the horse with you?" I asked. 

"Well, If you really want to, then sure." He said. He stopped the carriage. He then brought me out and dropped me to the horse he's riding. He also rides. No one is riding the carriage now, so it's empty. I'm in between his arms. I felt safe. Our travel continued.

"How is it?" He asked. 

"It's a bit scary." I replied.

"It's scary, huh. I'm also like you when I was small, but you'll get used to it." He added. The forest, was indeed a long way. The smell of the nature is strong. I could feel the freshness of the forest. I could the sound of the forest. It was nice, very nice. 

15