[S1] Ch14: Fiendedge capital #2
458 6 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He was smiling. Smiling smiling very very. For some reason, it kinda creeps me out. How should I say this, it's kinda too holyish and devilish at the same time. No, I have the best definition for that—cringe. Is this aura aura thing? Wait, why aura? I don't know. It's just, you know? The one he's emitting thingy so I call aura aura whatever it is. I want to replicate it to my own. Making someone feel something just from your smile is a very good weapon. I can also use it in real life. I'll just smile. My only problem is that—I need to smile. But, whatever. 

Anyways, he just said that he's the king or something of this country, right? As in, the literal ruler? Wow, not like I give a—an actual care. That's cool. Still, I expected a king to be a large guy with a beard, they're the usual after all. Isn't this guy such a honey cutie sugary plum extract? Not to level of my father's lovely cooly darling babe beau though, but close to it. I guess that makes sense since, this is a so called uncle of mine. Oh wait, I'm a guy. But well, since I'm dreaming myself as a girl, then I'll be a girl... Aha...

"Don't take of your cover it can be a problem if you're spotted here, your majesty." Father said. 

"Really? Sorry then, my beloved little brother. This disguise is pretty useless and pointless honestly though." Epheus replied as he closed his hood back. "Hey, why don't you remove your hood?" 

"Me?" I asked. 

"That's right." He replied. I looked at father for no reason. I then removed my hood. He looked at me with wide eyes. He clapped. "What a marvelous sight! So this is your girl that you've been hiding me, I finally understand why you don't want to show her to me. Can I kidnap your daughter, Linel?" 

"Haha, don't take him seriously." Father said. I nodded. 

"What if I'm serious?" Epheus asked.   

"Then I'll be serious too." Father replied. They both laughed. I laughed to get along too. They both looked at me. We all laughed. I automatically took my hood back because I want. Father and Epheus sat down on a chair, while I wanted to sit on father's lap so I sat down on his lap. I wanted to sit down on his lap because I want to. Epheus also wanted me to sit on him, but I refused. He got sad, but I couldn't care less.

"How old is she again?" Epheus asked.

"Five. Will be turning six next year." Father answered. "I see. Very young, indeed." Epheus added.

I looked down the street. There are people gathering. I can hear some gossips or something something about what they are talking about. You know? About Melissa or something something like that. Listening to their script is boring, so I just say it. Mostly, all they've been saying is like, another execution? Or something along the line. I don't want to bother myself with insignificant extras. 

"Can't wait, I guess." Epheus talked to himself.

"Papa, what do you call that head cutter again?" I asked while pointing at the thing that cut's head. I never knew what is that called in my entire life. Maybe I knew it and have heard about it and just can't remember but, that still means I don't know. Yeah, dunno. 

"You're correct about it being called a head cutter, but it's usually called a guillotine." He answered my question. Epheus stared at us. He then asked. "Say—Linel, will your daughter be alright? I mean, you can be you. However, Lylia is still an adorable little girl. Tainting a little girl's eyes with a show meant for commoners pains me."

"Don't worry." Father replied. A few seconds of silence. Epheus just smirked. 

Epheus suddenly stopped smiling. He seemed to become calm. He then asked again. "Lylia, what can you say about being my daughter instead of Linel? This is for your own safety."

"What?" I said. 

"Again, with your—" Father was about to say something, but Epheus interrupted. 

"Let me finish." Epheus said. He then moved his face closer to me. "I can give you anything I want. I know you'll refuse, but I'll just inform you and your papa before hand." 

"No thanks." I replied. I mean, why would I agree if he offers it like that? This is honestly getting confusion in my head. I'm starting to not understand what am I doing here, and what's the point of this guy? Also, why am I meeting him anyway? I want to ask that.

Epheus then sat down. He just smiled. He made a weak laugh. He turned his face towards the crowd on the street. "Oh, looks like it's finally starting."

I and father also faced towards the crowd. I saw Melissa tied with a rope in the hand, being escorted by some guy with his face covered. The escort was wearing some black mask and clothes. The guy then placed her on the guillotine. She didn't say a word, not even fought back. Her eyes looked helpless, to me. The blade of the guillotine then goes down. And boom, her head is now separated. Finished. Kinda brutal, but this is a dream so I treated it like nothing. 

"How was it?" Epheus asked me, smiling as he is supposed to be. 

"Kinda turned out like how I imagined." I replied. Father patted my head for some reason, but I liked it very much as usual.

"And I'm starting to predict how you'll answer. Now, I'm starting to think if I should add you to the candidates for my son's fiance." Epheus said. I looked at father, and I can see him smile annoyingly instead of his gentle one. Well, I'm kinda find with being a fiance though. I don't know why, but if the father is this handsome, then I'm willing to go for the son! Ahahaha, just kidding. "Wait, how about I make you one of my concubines? Of course, only if you're officially an adult. It is undeniable to say that you'll be a beauty when you grow up." 

"Lylia, how about we go sight seeing around the capital? There are many fun places here." Father asked. 

"Sure." I agreed. Father then carried me on his shoulders.

"Wait a moment! You know, my niece will be chased by many men once she grows up. That will be a huge burden. That's why, you should be one of us and no one will bother you!" Epheus kept talking, but we got out either ways. Father just said that Epheus loves to talk whatever comes up to his mind, so I shouldn't be taking it seriously. 

13