[S1] Ch31: Fiendedge capital #19
239 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, papa is saying that, when we were at the boutique when you left me alone, a bag suddenly covered your head. You became unconscious real quick after that. Your vision darkened at that time. In simple terms, you were kidnapped." I said. Papa, who is now awake, nodded. I then continued. "When you woke up, you found yourself in a room with a group of men. I can imagine them looking like thugs. And those thugs are the kidnappers."

"That's right." He said. He nodded. He's also smiling. He then continued the story I was explaining. For some reason, he seemed to be very proud. "They wanted to leech large money from your papa. That's when suddenly, shadow humanoid figures came to save me—Or so that's what I thought. Thankfully, I manage to escape because of them. Though, I felt dizzy along the way and fell unconscious for the second time!" 

"I see, so that's how it is. And that's when we found papa!" I also said happily. He nodded while making a hmm hmm sound. It took us hours, waiting for father to wake up. Fortunately, he did. Though, it's already night, seriously. I am quite happy about it. We are in our first house. You know, the house that Aljur opened by breaking the door's knob. I'll just somehow pray that no stranger comes inside. Bad strangers are bad strangers. Anyways, we're now talking on a table, sitting on the chair. While Ida and Aljur are just standing on the side. Ida looked kinda shy, as I expected her to be. 

"Papa, shall I kill the thugs that dared to harm you?" I asked.

"No need, they never existed to begin with." He replied. 

"That's cool. As expected of papa." I added. He smiled. He then turned his face towards Ida. He's looking at Ida. Ida looked at him too. They looked at each other. They stared at each other. Father then asked. "By the way, why is she here?" 

"You mean Ida?" I replied with another question. They continued staring at each other. "She's a new friend I picked up on an alley. Ida is a bit shy, but I think uhh—she'll be more comfortable to us later on."

"A friend, huh." Father replied.

I introduced Ida. They both stayed silent. Aljur is a literal silent. I saw father smirking for a second. Ida, who was looking shy, somehow felt different again. She hasn't been smiling since earlier, but now, I really feel like the reason why she's not smiling is not because of shyness anymore. She looked expressionless. I felt the same weirdness as I felt from her yesterday. Those, unique, first moments of that face.

"Why don't Ida introduce something about herself first? I'm curious." Father asked Ida. Ida was still staying silent. She looked down the floor. Her eyes darkened from the shadows of her bangs. I really want to ask what's wrong, as I sensed that something is going on. Though, I also stayed silent. I didn't comment. I don't know why. As we all waited, she finally spoke. 

"I'm Ida." She said. Suddenly, her tone switched back to her shy self. She now has that expression of someone shy. She then added while stuttering with a low voice. "S-sister..." 

"Yes?" I replied, thinking she's calling me. I'm the only sister here that she can call after all. However, she just glanced at me for a second. She headed towards father while shyly looking down on the floor. She stopped in front of father. She's standing in front of father. She slowly raised her head. She stared at father. I feel like I keep saying stare and look too much, but yeah, father is also staring at her. They stared for a few seconds. Ida then spoke again in a very slow manner. "I—missed—you—so—much—my—dear—sis—ter."

"Hmmm..." Father hmmed. I was confused why Ida called father a sister. Maybe Ida is just confused as well. Ida then weakly grabbed father by his shirt. 

"Can—sister—tell—me—the—usual—bedtime—story—about—the—wicked—witch—of—the—forest—and—the—infamous—noble—man—?" Ida said. What she said was familiar. I remembered the title of the bed time story father told me long time ago. The only ever time father talked about stories. The wicked witch of the forest and the infamous nobleman. I wondered how Ida knows it. Then again, it's a bedtime story, so I guess it's popular. I'm a bit disappointed. 

"Umm, it's my favourite fairytale." Ida's tone is speech changed again. 

"..." Father didn't say anything for the moment. He smiled. He pats Ida's head. I felt a bit jealous. He noticed how I feel. He also pats my head. I liked it. I smiled. To be honest, pats doesn't really feel anything great. Pats just feels like some weight is on top of your head, I'm just exaggerating. Still, I like it because it is father. He then replied with a gentle voice. "I guess you really do miss your sister. How about I do the storytelling once we finished dinner? I'll cook very delicious food and fill our stomachs!" 

"Sure." I said.

"... After that, you'll do it?" Ida asked. 

"Yes." Father replied.

"Promise?" Ida asked. 

"Promise." Father said. However, I feel like something is missing. Yeah, the pinky promise. 

"Can Ida and papa lent me your hands?" I asked. 

"Why?" Father asked.

"Just give it to me." I demanded. The gave it. I made us three a pinky promise.

"Is this another one of your hand gestures?" Father asked. "Yeah." I replied. I feel like something is missing again. I looked around, I saw Aljur. I dragged him to us. Now, the pinky swearing of us four is completed. We are all happy. We sat on the chair. We waited. Father cooked. I didn't help of course. After a while, father finished. It all looked good. We ate.

14