[S2] Ch60: Covetous domain #4
47 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Welcome to my world. The world where I am the king, I am the rule. The one that connects the inner and outer world." Frederick said. I slowly opened my eyes. I felt like I was unconscious for a moment. Not even a moment, not even a second, but a fraction of a second. Me being unconscious was too short it was shorter than a blink of an eye. Though, for some reason, it felt like I was unconscious for a thousand years. Not just a thousand years, not just a million years, but multiplying it to infinity, it was so long I don't know. I don't know why. I don't seem to understand. 

"What's with your intro? That doesn't sound like that of a merchant. Very, very far. Like, really, really off." I replied. He stared at me for a second. I also stared at him for a second, while waiting for him to say something. I just stared because I want to and he also wants to. So yeah, I want because I want, and he wants because he wants. Bruh. Am I tiring to read? Do people get tired with me? I truly wonder the wonders of this wonderful world. I am redundant to my words, and I love it. You know why? Because I want and I want and I want! To be able to have gone this far with me, impressive. Truly impressive. I am a God, so I know. I know you. I know everyone. Stop complaining about gods not giving what you want. The gods doesn't exist to serve, but to rule within everyone's heart. 

"Well, don't mind me. This is just my reminder that, no matter who you are, no matter what your status is, no matter you like it or not." He finally said something, and it was a long to sentence with many words. He then continued. "If one breaks the rules of trade which I, made, and am absolute, will be facing the consequences I will prompt as long as one is within my domain. My place, my control."

"I see. I guess you don't have to worry about me though. I am an honest person after all. I won't steal or anything." I said. 

"Mmm~ That's great." He said. He was smiling while nodding. I then looked around. I seemed to be in a market. A usual market one can expect. Though, a market that wasn't bustling with people. It was so quiet. Each stall doesn't have an owner. Each stall doesn't have its own sales person. I continued looking around. It. Was. Very. Very. Very. Quiet. And. Empty. It was only the two of us. It was only I, and this humble Frederick. I felt like something was really missing. Yeah, I remembered. I now know why. 

"Hey, where are the others?" I asked. I couldn't see my one and only papa. I can't seem to see Ethan. I can't also seem to see Ida. I can't also seem to see my maid. Wait, who's that again? Why can I suddenly remember her? Whatever, she's not related or anything. 

"Who do you mean by the others? Be specific, my dear costumer." Frederick asked. He looked around, acting confused which also made me confused as to why he was acting confusingly like that. Who won't be confused in a confusing situation when the only one with you was also confusingly acting in a confusing way? I don't know. Maybe me because I don't seem to care? 

".... I'm just asking where's papa and the others are... Why do you need to make that kind of expression?" I replied with another question while scratching my head. 

"Oh, so you meant them. How come you're still asking the obvious before stepping inside my place?" He asked. 

"What... Why are you making me sound like I'm an ignorant when it comes to the world?" I asked another question. We were exchanging with multiple questions. The world has too many questions without an answer that has been questioned from the ancient times that doesn't have an answer till now. Some questions are hard to listen to. Some questions are hard to answer to. Some questions are easy to answer when it was expected, or you do have a script. Asking someone else is basically the same as questioning yourself as you are questioning in your inner mind whether what would be the answer. Our mind just forgets. Our minds have already stored the informations. Answers are just using the same words, though each was just paraphrased. We just ask to verify.

"Hmmm, well, never mind that. They're actually all being entertained by my parallel selves in my parallel market places. Mind that they are all alone, just like the current you and me in here. You see, I want to give my outmost service to my dearest costumers. So, don't mind them and feel free to go around." 

"... I kinda don't understand what you're trying saying but, ok, whatever." I said. I then added. "What can you really offer here though? Do you have anything cheap in here.... Or more like, something for free? I'm sorry but I don't have money right now." 

"It's fine, actually. I don't need human money. I choose costumers only if they have something I want or need." 

"And what is it?" I asked. He didn't answer. After that, he then made me look around. I'm just following his steps as he introduced some peculiar things. I don't know, but they all look beautiful. Everything looks like things. There is this, there is that. 

"What, you also sell a lamp?" I asked randomly. Well, not like I care about a lamp. I just wanted to say something since I haven't said a thing since earlier. I feel like I'm getting more and more quiet as time goes by. Well, am I? I don't know. I just feel like it is. I like and don't like it at the same time. Having the ability to talk is needed, but having to talk is tiring. It kinda drains the stamina bar. I wanna see a mermaid. I don't want to see a merman. I don't know why I'm saying this.

"That lamp was once owned by a very beautiful girl I know from the past. The story is that, she once traveled through a forest for some unknown reason at night with that lamp in her hands. Then suddenly, she dropped it, so I picked it up and decided to put it here as a display. If you're going to ask who's she though, you don't need to. She's kinda dead already." He said. He then added. "Also, if you're wondering whether the products I sell here are all made by me... Well, no. Most of these are my collections from my adventures I worked hard for. Which is why I only pick those I'll sell them with. Still, I have some that I proudly made myself." 

"I see. Is this thing also a magical?" I asked. 

"Well, it can be magical if you think it that way. Isn't the ability to create light when litted up magical in its own way?" He asked.

"So, it's a normal lamp." I said.

"Not really. It's made with very rare materials. Even the glass. So it costs a lot. However, if you're going to compare its usefulness to a normal lamp, then might as well buy a normal one. It can only emit different colours of light after all." He replied.

"It can emit different colours of light?" I asked.

"That's right. Want to see?" He asked. 

"Yeah." I said. I was curious. After that, the sky suddenly became dark. It was so dark. I then complained. "Why did you turn of the lights? I can't see properly." 

"Just watch." He said. After that, the lamp lighted up. The light was color blue. It was pretty. It lighted up the night sky with stars. However, the light then became red a second later. Then, it became violet, yellow, green, white, brown, and many more... It was painful to my eyes. 

1