Chapter 3: Infiltrator
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Greid boy, can you hear me?-

"Loud and clear, Overmind." Greid replied to the voice that was generated by the device around his head. This device was one of the wonder inventions of the World Federation. It allowed someone to communicate and also relay pictures to the user's cognition.

-This device is given to you because I also want to see the field effect of this particular Infiltrator. For sure, this one is different than what we encounter so far. If Shena was here, I would like her to accompany you-

"I cannot speak out loud fearing the Infiltrator might do something. Besides, the Infiltrators so far are reacting to sound so my action is really fortunate. How should we corner the surviving Infiltrator?" Greid saw the are Hedrik had pointed and thought hard.

The inner area had several facilities and Power Wire Station and Power Generator was the most vital area for the Power Plant itself. Therefore, the mobile turret would not be stationed there in large quantities and creating a room for exploit.

-Good. At least you remember the crucial part. It is most likely move between the two facilities, Power Generator and Power Wire Station through the Connecting Bridge-

"A narrow place. This is literally a showdown where only one can come out." Greid said while his sense was raised on maximum as he was constantly using Matter Detection and Origin Conduit. His hand was holding the Novice Gunsword Hellsing, his index finger hooked around the trigger.

-Well, I can only wish you luck boy-

And with that Hedrik did not say anything anymore and Greid had to be careful from this moment onward not only toward the Infiltrator but also to Hedrik who is observing through the device on his head.

'System. Give me the chocolate bar.' Greid thought and the system faithfully did its duty.

[One Strength Enhancement Chocolate Bar is taken from the inventory]

Greid felt a new thing on his left hand. A chocolate bar that contained something he could perceive to be able to improve his Physique energy attribute. Among the six attribute, Physique branch was the easiest to improve from scratch. It was because improving it was easy in the early stage.

 

Strength Enhancement Chocolate Bar

Grade:R-

A product that is mass-produced in the Martial Heaven. Strengthening the body in overall aspect as well as increasing imaginary energy physique attribute. Someone who does not in the Foundation Building realm can become one upon consumption.

 

When Greid saw the description, he was surprised to know that the chocolate bar was even mass-produced. As for the realm of strength, it was divided into six known major realm. From the weakest to the known strongest are Foundation Building, Planetary Conqueror, Star Master, Constellation Ruler, Galaxy King and Supercluster Emperor.

As for the six figure that created his Imaginary Energy Refining Art, they were beyond this known realm of strength because the remaining three unknown realm were plastered with (redacted) sign all over. Greid know that there were nine realm of strength but only six were made known to him.

'Is the Supreme Will at the very top of this category?' Greid inwardly asked and could only conclude that to be the case. From the Wayfarer Assistant System to the items that could appear at his side when he achieve something, he knew that to be the case.

[Host, please be careful and circulate your Imaginary Energy Refining Art upon consumption. I don't want you to die an idiot death]

'I initially wanted to eat it as is. But hearing you mentioning the art makes me want to try it with the refining art even more. Here I go!' Greid then circulate the entire six energy attribute according to the Imaginary Energy Refining Art. Circulating the six energy attribute were fine since he only did it for circulating the energy and not utilized it.

He put the chocolate bar on his mouth and started to chew on parts of the bar. On his mouth, a sweet taste flowed and permeated his tongue. Greid also felt the physique energy attribute from the bar melting in his mouth. With his refining art in circulation, he could feel the effect.

Slowly, his body was undertaking a transformation to adapt to the new surging power. Since physique attribute was the one attribute that increasing the most, the other five attribute received a slight increase but this made it difficult for the physique attribute to breakthrough to the Foundation Building Realm because the six were tied to each other.

[Physique energy attribute dramatically increased. Proceed with caution]

 

-

 

On a space that only the Supreme Will and the Executives had known...

A figure was watching everything Greid had done from multiple window interface. From his current condition, his situation in that planet as well as receiving incoming transmission from the superior.

"Will I be able to get what I want from being his assistant? He is kinda unreliable though." the figure was doubting the life choice she had made when accepting the offer from one of the Executives.

"Whatever. After this, Greid should be able to learn how to keep himself safe. Is it normal that Greid has been paid attention to by all the Executives and the Supreme Will? Nah, it is normal since many Wayfarer are someone that can enter the eyes of that Supreme Will in the first place."

Then she communicated with Greid regarding his chocolate bar and then he consumed it while circulating his refining art. Of course she had to watch all the progress of his realm of strength increasing.

"Physique energy attribute increasing and hitting the bottleneck." she checked evey detail of the imaginary energy Greid had on his body and all the variables involved in his advancement.

 

-

 

"Huh." Greid gasped in satisfaction. He could feel stronger, at least twice his previous self. His body became stronger and his Physique energy attribute finally reached the Entry Foundation Building Realm.

His weapon was permeated by his imaginary energy and became stronger too. Greid could feel the connection he had with his weapon grew more intimate.

Now that he became stronger, Greid felt a bit more confident in facing the Infiltrator. His Matter Detection became more farther in radius as well as more comprehensive.

'Before this...is there something like a bottleneck before I enter the Entry Foundation Building Realm?' Greid then thought about it for a bit. Some information about this were in the Imaginary Refining Energy Art, about a large obstacle when someone wanted to break through a major realm.

'Is it the reason why I need more Physique energy attribute? I need to internalize this experience and use it as my reference.'

Then Greid arrived at the crossroad where three of them led to Control Center, Power Generator and Power Plant Defense Unit Management. The last which was to go through the bridge would lead him to the Power Wire Station.

'There really is no mobile turret here.' Greid thought as he held his gunsword tightly. He had the memories of the basic usage of the weapon but to did it all by himself was something he had never done.

Then Greid move to the entrance of the bridge that connected two facilities. The nearest facility Greid could reach from his current position was Power Generator since it was straight if he were from the Power Wire Station through the bridge.

'The Infiltrator will most likely in one of the two facilities. How can I lure it out and safely shoot it?' Greid thought and then had an idea.

 

After a while...

Greid had been hiding in one of the corners of the crossroad, he placed something in the middle of the junction and then he aimed his gunsword at the thing before shooting it.

*Ting*

The thing he had shot was a mineral water bottle. The noise of his gunsword was loud enough it would definitely attract its attention. Besides, Greid did not want to get backstabbed due to carelessness so he did this.

[Matter Detection has been used]

[Origin Conduit has been used. Host has merged with the surroundings]

[Psyche Detection has been used]

Then Greid could perceive his surroundings better before he almost screamed in fear. It turned out that only Psyche Detection caught the being's presence while Matter Detection was not so reliable since something interfered with its detection reception and the feedback Greid got from it was nothing abnormal.

With Psyche Detection however...it shows that a being with consciousness had gone to the junction already. Greid strengthened his Origin Conduit as it helped hide his presence. The Origin energy attribute was absorbed to his body slowly but unnoticeable.

His index finger already rested on the trigger of his gunsword, ready to pull it. The muzzle was aimed at the place where his Psyche Detection got something.

'Is it cloaking? Or a stealth layer that cannot be perceive by material detection device?' Greid had this question in mind.

'Ready, aim and shoot.' Greid then determined to kill it right then. To shoot his weapon, Greid then circulater his Imaginary Refining Energy Art and channel the energy to his gunsword. Origin Conduit helped cover the fluctuation as he aimed a bit above the mineral water bottle.

'This is my strongest attack with my weapon. Charged Shot!' Greid steadied his aim because he definitely did not want to miss and the basic operation of the weapon only told him the basic. Of course, Greid knew that stability was vital for accurate aim so he tried his best to correct his posture.

After he had done, Greid pulled the trigger and a beam of light appeared instantly. Then after some time a screeching noise could be heard as purple blood splashed all over the junction in the facility.

Greid then could see it with his on eyes what appearance the Infiltrators had. It had a sharp, scythe-like front limbs while using its lower limbs to move. It had reverse joint so its movement was different but it would be fast.

Then Greid made a fatal blunder. Since the Infiltrators laid down, Greid tried to get closer to it to take a better look. The only problem Greid had was he forgot that his daily task was to eliminate the Infiltrator and he did not receive the notification yet. For that neglience, Greid would soon find out...

 

When he was ten steps away, the Infiltrators suddenly screeched and leaped straight at Greid.

'What the...!' Greid was shocked and lost a part of a second and the Infiltrators raised its front limbs, ready to slash at him.

'I am careless! I cannot accept this! Sword...'

Because of that, Greid became angry at himself for letting his curiosity got the better of him. Didn't the system warn him that this world is dangerous for even newbie like him? Did he receive a Daily Task Completion notification? It was not wrong that he perceived that the Infiltrators was dying and on its last breath since its imaginary energy was leaking out, signalling the time of death. He knew that to be the case but forgot that sometimes, the cornered beast would be the most ferocious.

[Novice Gun Hell has been switched to Novice Sword Sing]

He pressed the switch and changed his gun to a sword form. The rifling changed its position and became the sharpest edge of the sword as Greid swung it while channeling his entire imaginary energy to it, giving the sword additional damage potential.

Both of the being then crossed their best weapon, the sword slashed at the most vital part of the Infiltrators and managed to sever its head along with its front limbs that was scythe-like in form. Since it was the exchange with their life on the line, both of them got nothing to hold on.

'Gah! My right arm...' Greid had to pay the price for his carelessness as his right arm was barely holding to his body. The Infiltrators was dead since he could not feel anything even with Psyche Detection but his situation was not much better.

[Host, you are bleeding due to the severe injury. Suggested to treat it right away!]

Greid was in so much pain that he could not hold his gunsword anymore and he curled up on the floor, twitching. Red blood started to flow through the arm before pooling beneath his body.

[At this rate, I cannot issue the completion of the daily task. Hold on for a moment! I mean it]

'System, I am really not suitable for this kind of activity. I am just an ordinary person who has no goal in life. I am just frustrated at my own self...'

Greid heard a faint footstep from somewhere. It got closer and closer but Greid could only feel the pain he experienced to paid any additional attention to it.

'I am angry at myself. I probably should not be chosen in the first place. I hold on my fear, my emotion so that I can do what you have asked of me...'

Greid felt that his senses were becoming dull while he kept circulating his Imaginary Energy Refining Art but the effect was minimal. It only closed a small amount of the tear on his arm but he already lost too much blood that contained imaginary energy.

[The help is here already. Just hold on]

"Master Hedrik, I confirmed the elimination of the Infiltrators as well as the damaged devices you give to him. The person in question is severely injured, I recommend the person to be treated immediately." a syntetical voice could be heard but Greid could not keep his consciousness due to the pain.

-That is good. Please do first aid while bringing him to the Control Center. We will treat his injury extensively at that place-

Greid heard a voice that he could not completely recognize before his perception was completely cut off.

 

-

 

When Greid once more opened his eyes, a foreign ceiling was the first thing his eyes caught. Then he felt that his body was laid down on a bed, comfortable one since he felt his back was glued just like when he wanted to get up from the bed but lack the intent due to the comfort.

"He has regained consciousness. Master Hedrik, the surgery was successful so why are you concerned with this person?" a question from the voice Greid heard right before he lost consciousness.

"Who...are you?" Greid moved his neck to the source of the voice and saw a figure of a woman in appearance. But when Greid looked closer, he felt strange since her eyes had a strange glow as well as the lack of response when he focused his Psyche Detection. He did not dare to use Psyche Detection to form a small detection domain but focusing it on the thing he saw made the consumption of his Willpower affordable.

"Greid boy, how was your first encounter with the Infiltrator? If you don't have any fighting experience, you can just tell me. It's not like I will force you to do it." then Hedrik's voice could be heard from behind the figure.

Greid: "..."

[Daily Task: Infiltrator

Eliminate the Infiltrator that is on hiding in the Planet Power Plant No.9 1/1

Reward: One Imaginary Energy Pill (Mint flavor)]

Greid also saw the notification from the system and saw that the reward had been sent to the inventory. He was wondering about the reason why the task did not have the penalty for failure. It was normal in some games that the penalty of the task failure could be applied but in his task, there was no such thing.

'Strange, is it because the penalty of failure is death?' Greid thought about it and somehow the idea made sense. Most of the failure would be death so why bother with task failure. He checked the notification under the guise of being dazed.

"I am a bit shocked but give me some time alone for reflection, if I have to be honest." Greid opened his mouth and conveyed his honest opinion.

Unexpectedly, Hedrik walked right next to his bed where Greid laid and held his hand, their hands entertwined.

"Boy, you have to discern the moment where you have to keep things to yourself and the moment where you can tell the people you want to know what you feel. Keeping things up to yourself all the time will lead to troublesome things, sometimes it is to the point of creating a chasm." Hedrik surprisingly gave some advise to Greid. The figure behind Hedrik had her eyes glowed a bit more bright than usual.

Greid remained silent. Only his eyes that were looking at Hedrik could show what thought he had.

"Really, I just want some peace and quiet place. And who is this woman?" Greid asked Hedrik in curiosity.

"She is one of the very first robots I have created specifically to fight the Infiltrators, Shena. At the time where you are injured, it was a stroke of luck that she came faster than usual and she arrived from the Power Wire Station. Since I cannot reach you at some point of your encounter, I figured something might happen to you and tried to contact her and unexpectdly reach her due to the distance closing to the facility." Hedrik explained.

"So she is the fighter robot. Hmm, my right arm can still feel the pain even now." Greid winced when he moved his right arm in the slightest and just gave up. He kept his current position since moving would affect his arm.

"Hello...Greid is it?" Shena let out a distinctive voice so Greid knew that she was really the one who arrived right before he lost consciousness.

"Well, pleasure to know you."

 

 

 

 

 

0