Prologue
790 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"God is dead."

In 2030, the skies shook with disbelief as the world stood still.

For millennia humans fought and died for their beliefs, many uncertain about whether or not they were truly in the right. Was God real? Did prayers get answered, and was there a bigger meaning to all this?

An answer was delivered to them.

There was, but not anymore.

“God is dead.”

The shimmering beings hung above towering skylines, but their melodic voices chimed like great bell tolls through the ears of stunned citizens that filled city streets.

Tokyo.

Delhi.

Shanghai.

Sao Paulo.

Mexico City. Cairo. New York.

All across the world the same sight could be seen, whether in the dead of night or under the midday sun - and pandemonium ensued.

Many thought it must be some elaborate prank; some kind of sophisticated drone system designed to fool the hapless public that laid eyes on it…

But the reports came rolling in. Breaking news from stations across the globe - this wasn’t just some localised event, it was happening everywhere.

“God is dead.”

If only those poor souls knew then what would be coming next. Perhaps they could have run, hid, or at least clawed at every precious last second of fleeting life that remained for so many.

“They are coming.”

Screams and cries of confusion fell into deathly silence.

“... and may God’s memory give you strength.”

Just as suddenly as the starlike figures appeared, they were gone, and the world stood still once more… for only a moment.

A creaking echoed through the frozen streets; a rough, screaming sound that pierced the mind and made hairs stand up on end, like the wailing of an old and tarnished trumpet.

Then crack.

A shattering.

A wild flurry of chaos - ghostly tears ripping right through thin air as the very atmosphere seemed to bend under an unseen force; growls howls and shrieks surrounding as they rang out from every direction, all ghoulish, all unnatural.

Through the purplish gashes in space, a horde of glowing eyes burst forth, donned by warped monsters of writhing flesh and jagged bone.

…On that day, the demons showed humanity no mercy.

13