Ch.1
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hero Guide, ch.1

To Face the crisis of the Rising of darkness army, A hero was summoned.. again.

a prince, princess, Prisest, Sage, and etctera.

It was a custom for some choosen people to greet that summoned hero.

" Good morning, Miss Descentdant "

Here I am, standing up in front of a luxurious bed where the said person was opening her eyes for the first time.

" Kyaaaaaa!!!!!! "

a pillow was flying towars me following the sudden scream. 

I just let my face my face being hit by that soft thing without moving even an inch. 

" Wh- who are you? Where I am? What have you done to me? "

a barage of questions was being said in one breath. 

" Keep calm, Oh Hero candidate. I am here to answer all questions you have "

" H-how can I keep my self calm when I am being kidnapped and wake up in unknow love Hotel with that exact kidnapper! "

It was a common tradition for opposite gender of a Guide to greet the Hero. 

The reason was simple.

The goverment want to give a sackle named romance between the hero and the guide, So that the hero could be controlled easier. 

Why didn't just use a slavery to them?

well... an summoned hero and any otherworld creature can't be affected by such kind of items.

Ofc there was an exception.

" Okay... do you prefer famale guide instead of me? "

" That's not what I mean! "

Hearing this, I sat on nearby chair.

I took out a small Thick book and a drawing stone while waiting this girl to be calmer.

The black thin gloves Wore were glowing in dim light

1 sec later, 

A perfect 3D sketch about this hero expression had been drawn in the lower-right side of the book . 

so I opened another page and repeat the process.

a few minutes later, that side of the all paper in the book had been clearly occupied  by the picture of her.

When I fliped it one after anothet, i could make the drawing to feel alive as a moving object.

' This should work '

a smile appear on my face for a moment as I looked at my perfect arts.

usually, I made this as a media to make my relationship close and closer and it worked perfectly to almost all people I had met.

cuz of that, I looked at the girl, slowy walking to her and gave her my book before I back sitting on my chair. 

let's see...

Her panicked expression had already gone and She glared me with interested sparkling eyes

" Pervert... "

" Uh?! "

I was sure that the story I made by my drawings were just about me introducing my self to her.

a brief information about her current situation and a few other important informations were also portrayed clearly on the book.

The story ended right when her character  was about introduce herself to my char. 

to be honest, I didnt see the point that could bring my image to be called a pervert.

" Pardon...? "

" You... I will never show you this kind of sparkling expression! Moreover!

what kind of lie is this?  How can it be  possible for me to be called to other world like those recent popular boyish story circling around the webnovel ?! "

At this moment, The expression of scared girl couldn't be seen on her face at all. 

" I don't have an amazing ability to be showen to you like other guides, but... "

I came to her, took the book, and opened the page one after another.

a new drawing was instantly appear on upper-right side of the book as my gloves letting out a dim-red-glow. 

At this moment, the new story I made was about me protesting in flufy way what happen if I was truly pervert as she accused. 

The story begin with my protest,  moved to a forced marriage between us, and ended by my character kissing hers righ on her forhead. 

" I-impossible... "

the girl was slapping both of her own cheek several times until they became red. 

" It's not dream!? "

" Sadly, No. Before we move to the next agenda? Could you tell me your precious name? oh My hero? "

" It's... Ai "

" Okay Hero Ai, I a-- "

" Just Ai, call me only by Ai "

" I can only do that in our private time, Oh my hero, when there are no one other than us. Is that okay? "

" Our Private time.... it's enough "

I didn't know how could most summoned hero were adapting so fast with their confusing situation. 

Look at her! that was claerly an expression of a sparkling-eye cat expecting a good food from their master. 

There was no trace of a scared girl anymore. 

" Her- ehem "

I almost said hero once again.

" Ai, you might be already know from my drawing that my name is- "

" Asaz D'darkowl "

" Yah, you can call me-- "

" Asaz "

" Mister Asaz, I am older than you "

" Too formal! i want to just call you Asaz "

" Instead of that, Just call me Mister "

" but- "

I point my index finger in front of her mouth to stop any of her protest.

I was sorry, oh My hero. There was no negotiation on this matter. 

" Now that we have done the introduction. Let me tell you about this world "

I told her that in this world, People were blessed by A migthy power named SoulStar that can be awakened by clearing a dungeon. 

The SoulStar could be used as a media to hold an magical artefact or gained a permanent buff. 

The power of SoulStar could be imagined as an empty Box. 

An empty Box was need to hold an artefact and The buff was need 2 empty Box to be learned. 

Sadly, the mighty power were followed by a taboo.

every years,

for each SoulStar owned, 

10 percent of leftover money user saved had to be shared to people in need.

They were the poor, a little orphan, eldery, disable people, slaves,  unfortunate adventurer, those who bondage in debt, the heroes, the monster guardian, the temple and many others. 

we could give the money directly by ourself or just put it on the temple and let them doing the fair job for the fortune distribution.

The maximum amount of SoulStar that can be hold by a person were 10, a moment when all money they saved have tk be shared, yearly. 

 

in Short, The stronger person wanted, the closer they became a monk, the harder they could life in society.

Sadly, The money that was cursed by Soulstar and any-consumeable things bought by them couldn't be enjoyed by all of Soulstar holder. 

If the taboo was intentionally violated, without any urgent matter or tragedy happened to them, in limited trial a time of a that year, The Soulstar gained will be Gone permanently.

the amount of dissapearing soulstar were depent on how much they violated the Taboo. 

By then, The maximum amount of soulstar that could be holded couldnt be increased anymore.

To make it easier, let me give you an simple picture of what I had just explained.

 I, As a Level 5 Soulstar holder, had to donate 50% of my income each time. 

if one day, I would intentionally only donate 30% of my fortune, It meant I would violate the Taboo by not donating the other 20 %

if, i still didnt donate that 20%until nextyear,

by then, 2 of my Soulstars and any skill or artefact related to that would be gone forever.

I would only stuck at having that remaining 3 Soulstars and could not gaining another extra soulstar even I had cleared the dungeon. 

what if I wanted to be stronger in the future because of something urgent?

by then, The only left was only a regret. 

See? 

it was So easy to lost the power of Soulstar.

added by difficulty of clearing a dungeon to gain a Soulstar, Looking for the pricy artefact or skill book, and The Taboo, 

It was not hard to imagine how Society saw Soulstar holder in both bad or good way. 

In Peace, The curse was enough to prevent most of people to be a Soulstar Holder.

even in the crisis, 99% people would only have a willing to hold only one, two or three  Soulstars for their own self defence.

for an extra information. 

A permanent Passive buff that was learned could randomly be inherited by the Children.  only limited to A passive each children. 

Sadly, The passive would only appear when the children had gained 2 free soulstar.

There was still a long way for the children to enjoyed that as they were forced to clear 2 dungeon in advance. 

Meanwhile, The soulstar artetact can be traded to a maximum of 1 times.

Sadly, There was no exception on that. 

" Do you understand? "

" I may... a little "

looking at this girl whose head letting out an immaginary thick smoke, I was almost sure that she didnt get most of all what i had said. 

so, i decided to actived the power of my gloves again. 

they are glowing, and a few moment later, a perfect resume appeared on the same small book that I was held.

" Keep this, It should help you to understand "

" I will learn hard! "

" Nice, Let me continue the explanation "

" There are more thing to study? "

the girl was clearly looked upset

" dont worry, it's Not much. "

" ...okay "

" It was the difference of you, The hero, and we the resident. for an unknow reason. Only Half of the taboo worked to Your kind. "

" What taboo? "

She asked with a clear big question mark drawn on her face. 

" In simple way, You, a Hero, Can reach a maximum level of 20 because you Only need to donate 5% of your income each Starsoul you gained "

" Isn't that pricy enough? "

" That's already half of how much people usually had to pay "

Then, I ignored her effort to debbate me and continued my explanation.

" Moreover, You can regain the Soulstar that has gone because of violating the taboo only by donating ten times amount of the obigation you havent payed. "

" That's... "

" a lot better than permanently Forever being weakened and stuck at that state "

Btw, The girl was really looked at her limit to receiving any new infomation as the imaginary black smoke were being thick and thicker.

so, I decided to close my speech in hurry

" As a guide, I am obligated to make you reaching Lv 10 and to ensure your basic daily necessary this year"

"Hasn't you just said that I can reach LV20? "

" You can, But my duty is only that much."

I said that as i touched again the small book and the informations she need to learn were instantly written there.

At least, She wont be monk even when reaching the maximum LV of this world resident, Lv 10.

How enviable.

0